Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

I would say that the Eustace role is critical but also, Hughes Bryson have been missing in games and we don't really have anyone to come on with the flair to replace them. So I would be looking for either a loan or permanent for that role.

CDM

CAM

Hendrick is not the answer for either of these roles in our current system. Most over rated Derby Player IMO. For someone who is 6ft + he might as well be 4ft with the lack of strength and aggression he displays, surging runs without the ball is about your lot.

I agree that Jeff needs to step it up (if he can) to a large degree. He is prone to go missing and not affect a game as a lad of his stature and ability should. I don't think the penny has dropped that unless ALL put in that effort and really stretch  themselves they will not collectively succeed. Just playing for Derby should not be an accomplishment, winning with Derby should be the goal.

Just my opinion of course.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that the Eustace role is critical but also, Hughes Bryson have been missing in games and we don't really have anyone to come on with the flair to replace them. So I would be looking for either a loan or permanent for that role.

CDM

CAM

Hendrick is not the answer for either of these roles in our current system. Most over rated Derby Player IMO. For someone who is 6ft + he might as well be 4ft with the lack of strength and aggression he displays, surging runs without the ball is about your lot.

Hendrick is a brilliant player he played well against Chelsea and is just coming back from a nasty injury.

Why all the negativity we are doing brilliant and if we beat the Foxes we will be doing fantastic.

PS Eustace is fine one game a week for me but he's had too many games lately.

Correct with Bryson and Hughes in the midfield with Eustace behind we have pound for pound the best midfield in the division.

But behind them the quality is not there.

Agree with this. The team without either Bryson or Hughes is an awful lot weaker than the one with them both in...

We missed Bryson vs. Chelsea and tbh we missed Hughes vs Charlton. For me, Hendrick can't replace either of these two in terms of the exact role they have in the team.

A CAM would be a good addition along side a CDM, which one is more needed though, I'm not to sure. However, I am sure that if we lost either of Bryson or Hughes for the remainder of the season we would struggle to get any where near the form we have had over the last month...

I'd like to see us make some signings with one eye on promotion to the premiership. I'm not a manager or anything, but this seems like a pretty good way to go about it. Buy in a couple of of players with the intention of playing them in the premier league next season. We'll have to get these players in anyway, not all of our current squad will be prem-worthy, so it might as well be now, rather than the end of the season. That way they will have time to train with the team and bed in with the team. However, I wouldn't play them if I could help it. The first team we are using now is fine, there is no need to destabilise it, but wouldn't it be great to have these prem quality players waiting in the wings, chomping at the bit ready to replace an injury or a loss of form.

But next season, in the prem, that's when we would introduce them permanently into the first team, having had, effectively, a 6 month pre-season with the team.

Probably wouldn't work in practice, but it seems like a nice idea.

Unless we can get a CDM who can play killer passes and whip in a great free kick. Can we afford Pirlo?

Watch it again on Rams player Curtains. I think you will see differently.

I don't expect him it be fully back to his best yet he needs games after injuries.

We had no right to live with Chelsea they are the best side in Britain but we managed to compete without Keogh or Bryson or Russell

Agree with this. The team without either Bryson or Hughes is an awful lot weaker than the one with them both in...

We missed Bryson vs. Chelsea and tbh we missed Hughes vs Charlton. For me, Hendrick can't replace either of these two in terms of the exact role they have in the team.

A CAM would be a good addition along side a CDM, which one is more needed though, I'm not to sure. However, I am sure that if we lost either of Bryson or Hughes for the remainder of the season we would struggle to get any where near the form we have had over the last month...

Why should we lose them if Man City lost Toure and Company they would struggle

What we need then is a cdm who is younger than Eustace, can take set pieces and is also capable of covering left back to a good standard.

Is David Vaughan from Sunderland still available? We were linked in the summer I think

*** Just looked him up forget I said anything

What we need then is a cdm who is younger than Eustace, can take set pieces and is also capable of covering left back to a good standard.

Is David Vaughan from Sunderland still available? We were linked in the summer I think

*** Just looked him up forget I said anything

Be handy if he could take a long throw too  :lol:

I can see fringe players going, 

ben davies, i would of said james bailey but he looked good for the short time he was on would like to see more, 

people that havent proved themselves already arent going to suddenly come into the fold, I wouldnt of thought 

Two defeats (one against a side who just might go on to win the Champions League) and it's all broken?

This thread's got me convinced.

BMO.

Don't understand such diverse opinions of Jeff Hendrick? He's neither brilliant or the worst performing player we have. After serious injury he has yet to get back to the level he was at 2 seasons ago when he was considered to be a player with great potential - unfortunately his injuries came at a time when that potential should have been turning into quality performances. I just hope he has better luck than Miles Addison

We're the top scorers in the division and have strengthened the forward line.

We have what I think is the best midfield in the division, and Hendrick, Bailey and Coutts are back or nearly back from injury.

We added a central defender in December, now have Whitbread back from injury, Keogh coming back soon (and O'Brien). I would like to keep Keane for the rest of the season if we can.

I do believe we expected to get Cork a couple of months ago, who would of course have been a great CDM addition, but now he's back in favour at Saints it ain't gonna happen. However, I think that after given everyone else in the league a 10 game head start, we will prove ourselves the best team in the league. We will not lose 3x to Fester in one season, so I'm confident of at least a point and probably more tomorrow.

If it ain't broke, why risk trying to fix it? B4 isn't nearly positive enough. Listen to your Uncle Carl! :p

If it ain't broke, why risk trying to fix it? B4 isn't nearly positive enough. Listen to your Uncle Carl! :p

I do - billions and billions of times.

From Wigan on 1st Dec until Chelsea we had 9 games in 36 days, one every 4 days. When we go to Burnely on 1st March we'll have played 8 games in the previous 54 days, nearly 7 days per game. We should start looking a bit fresher soon and if se struggle in next couple of games, bring someone in to mix things up a bit.

CDM

CAM

Bump

Archived