Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

Just realised that I missed Bamford loan on my last post.I wonder what happens to Bamford,Whitbread and Wisdom should we reach play offs? Loans to the end of the season would indicate the 'natural' season to me,because you don't know if you're going to figure in the play offs.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be that McClaren realises that making lots of signings in January can disrupt a team...haven't we been down that route before?

We certainly seem a bit thin on FB cover now Freeman's gone.I find that  a little strange unless we're planning to sign one

Just realised that I missed Bamford loan on my last post.I wonder what happens to Bamford,Whitbread and Wisdom should we reach play offs? Loans to the end of the season would indicate the 'natural' season to me,because you don't know if you're going to figure in the play offs.

One word - Zaha

One word - Zaha

Take your point,but did Utd have to consent to an extension? Admittedly,I can't see any reason why the parent clubs of our lot would refuse (unless they had injury problems-seem to remember the Prem season extends beyond the natural Championship one.)At least Zaha shows that there are no League regs preventing it.

The dates of the playoffs are outside the loan windows, therefore if a club had to seek permission from a parent club, they would not be permitted to play according to the Football League regulations because it would be another loan. Therefore the playoffs must be part of the 'regular season'.

The dates of the playoffs are outside the loan windows, therefore if a club had to seek permission from a parent club, they would not be permitted to play according to the Football League regulations because it would be another loan. Therefore the playoffs must be part of the 'regular season'.

Can't argue with the logic there,eddie.Does this mean that they return to the clubs when our season is over,or do we still have to pay them for the play off element,even if we don't feature?

The other thing that occurs to me is would an extended loan count as a new loan? (in other words,although outside the loan window,this ruling might only apply to new loans).If so,then both Keane and Whitbread would count as 2 loans each.

You seem to be right,eddie.Wiki states that Bamford's 12/13 loan to MK Dons was extended in January until 20 June,the day after the play off final. 

Can't argue with the logic there,eddie.Does this mean that they return to the clubs when our season is over,or do we still have to pay them for the play off element,even if we don't feature?

The other thing that occurs to me is would an extended loan count as a new loan? (in other words,although outside the loan window,this ruling might only apply to new loans).If so,then both Keane and Whitbread would count as 2 loans each.

If we don't in play offs, I think we wouldn't mind paying them few weeks extra! ;)

If we don't in play offs, I think we wouldn't mind paying them few weeks extra! ;)

Yeh,I suppose you could just look on the few weeks extra as a kind of insurance

No January signings according to Steve Nicholson of the DET, we're waiting for the loan window apparently. I guess this is no risk team building, if we don't go up they can go back to where they came from!

tomorrow is a massive game, and will sort the men out from the boys. (No gay reference intended)

I'm less than convinced that, in spite of a marked improvement from Forsyth, Steve McClaren isn't looking at improving the left back spot. If there was a loanee available, we'd have signed him by now, so they must surely be looking at a permanent recruit???

Well, thinking about tit. If we get a better calibre of player on loan and do go up we may buy and keep them. If we don't, we still may get them again next season on loan.

Better players can inspire the lads who are covering them also.

But, what's stopping us loaning players in the window anyway?

Well, thinking about tit. If we get a better calibre of player on loan and do go up we may buy and keep them. If we don't, we still may get them again next season on loan.

I think if such a player was available, we'd have loaned him by now.

Archived