Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with Buxton & some of the others to a degree but especially Buxton when we play someone good he gets found out.

Is Keogh better? Yes

Is Whitbread better? Yes

You play your best team if you want to progress

Chelski?

Seriously i don't think Bucko got found out. The lack of cover in front of him meant he was isolated and in that position both he and Keane were going to make mistakes. They were both under a lot of pressure without much help.

Chelski?

Seriously i don't think Bucko got found out. The lack of cover in front of him meant he was isolated and in that position both he and Keane were going to make mistakes. They were both under a lot of pressure without much help.

Chelsea didn't really go at us though they never got out of first gear they didn't need to.

When teams go for the jugular like Leicester and in particular Nugent & Vardy no looks more exposed than Buxton.

Looks like a fish out of water against players like that and let's be honest are they really that good?

When teams do to us, what we do to other teams, i.e. pass it around very fast and attack at speed, we can't handle it.

Chelsea could have had a shitfull if Torres weren't playing.

We need better defenders, next game is massive now. It's a test.

Let's see if we are as good as our recent run had us all thinking.

Because If the prem teams are better than Lesta! we're fooked, and I don't want another prem campaign like last time.

Can see that the Buxton haters of old have all emerged from under their rocks. Anyone would think that he got shredded at right back, failed to control a ball on his chest, failed to track a full back or gave a needless penalty away. Got to have a scapegoat though.

Can see that the Buxton haters of old have all emerged from under their rocks. Anyone would think that he got shredded at right back, failed to control a ball on his chest, failed to track a full back or gave a needless penalty away. Got to have a scapegoat though.

also got to have own opinions too Eddie.

Such is life.

Problem with Buxton & some of the others to a degree but especially Buxton when we play someone good he gets found out.

Is Keogh better? Yes

Is Whitbread better? Yes

You play your best team if you want to progress

Was Buxton found out against Cheslski? No. End of.

What about Leicester?

How did he look there?

Chelsea didn't go at us they strolled around in first gear so was never really going to get exposed.

buxton was our best player against leicester, made a number of crucial interventions, keane on the other hand was terrible, its those games when you need an experienced head

FFP is dictating to all clubs. We can see from the Dawkins/Jacobs situation that the books need to be, there or thereabouts,  balanced. I am sure Chris Evans has and is working very hard to improve the squad whilst trying to meet the managers requirements. Flouting FFP (Forest) and failing to get promoted will end in tears. I know it's a bit boring but FFP is here to put the brakes on and that's exactly what's happening.

You're probably right on FFP in respect of our club.However,I'm minded to go back to the naming rights saga when we were told that proceeds would be added to the budget SM already had for January-if this were the case then the FFP implications of new expenditure should already have been calculated (and should not depend on outgoings).

Some would point out that there's already been expenditure on loan extensions for Whitbread and Keane,and possibly (though we don't know) more spending on Dawkins v Jacobs,all to be partially offset by the recent outgoing loan extensions of youngsters.It would be hard to make a case for this equalling a budget+naming rights.Also,we've recently had a lucrative cup tie,which represents an unbudgeted bonus.

We were told that the previous manager had money to spend,but didn't seem keen to spend it.We now have another who,according to a Sky report (which I haven't seen,so I'm relying on others) wants to wait a couple of weeks (at least).Now SM may yet go on to spend without outgoings,and it will make for interesting scrutiny.There's always the chance that funds we've been told are earmarked for team strengthening might find their way into reducing an FFP loss-not saying I expect it,but it has to be a possibility.

Interestingly,due to amortisation,even if Jacobs was sold at a loss v purchase price,the transaction could still represent a small book profit (against P/L,and by extension FFP). 

McClaren's comments made me think that probably very little going to happen this month. Does he need to wait 2 weeks to see we need cover (at least) at full back and defensive midfield?

With ward knackered/off form and Russell injured, I would have also expected Jacobs to get a try, the new formation is made for him, I am a but concerned he was sold to balance Dawkins?

Have to admit the position were in I would have thought warranted 'gambling' a bit. I struggle to see how we'd ever have a squad capable of lasting a season at the top with current budget

Archived