Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you both to an extent but I guess it's as much about being one step ahead of the game. We've had an exceptional run and the players have given absolutely everything. There's nothing wrong, in my opinion, with introducing one or two new players to keep things fresh and challenge the players to keep their eyes on the ball.

That doesn't take anything away from their achievements in the last two months, we've lost two games in the entire time Mac has been here, that's remarkable. However, a couple of defeats in a row are a good opportunity to take stock and realise that we need to re-group, re-focus and go on another run, if we're serious about the autos.

I suppose that's why we've signed Bamford, just sends a message to the likes of Ward, Martin and Dawkins that they need to keep their level high because there's a talented player waiting in the wings to take his opportunity.

I like Bailey and Hendrick but I don't think they're strong enough defensively, they're not going to boss a game and put the fear into the opposition, that's what we need. Eustace has been great but I do feel we need someone of a similar style with a bit more mobility and stamina to share the load with him. It's about providing a strong platform to protect the defense and allow our creative talents to shine, as important as Chris Martin for me and Eustace has looked jaded of late.

As always if we can get a better player in than the man wearing the shirt currently, then we'll keep getting better. Now is not the time to rest on our laurels if we're serious about getting a top 2 finish, you can bet that the sides around us will be looking to strengthen too, so if we can improve on what we've got, then we should be looking to do so.

Cover for LB I do understand but for me that CDM role is so critical to the way we play, if we only sign one more player this window, that would be the position I'd go for and I'd be looking to sign an absolute weapon.

I don't know, I can understand the urge to strengthen - but, at the minute I think we're in pretty good shape. I don't have too many concerns.

Although, I don't think Eustace has the impact as made out but, he is still pretty good. But Hendrick could easily come in and do that role, which I believe is the idea.

Tomorrow's game is huge, but I will try and not get disheartened if we don't win - hopefully their record over us will play in our favour.

Last time we played them, we didn't have Dawkins, Bamford/Ward, Wisdom, Keane and Hendrick/Eustace in the side - so, hopefully we this time we will have too much for them. We hammered them at Pride Park and we was also the better side in the cup game, yet they won due to our own inability to put the ball in the net.

We had 64% possession, more shots, more shots on goal, made nearly double their passes (with a better accuracy) and made 15 goalscoring oppourtunities to their 10,

We were the better side, much better side - they were lucky, and since then we have got stronger. This time, they won't park the bus and hopefully we can take advantage of that.

I don't know, I can understand the urge to strengthen - but, at the minute I think we're in pretty good shape. I don't have too many concerns.

Although, I don't think Eustace has the impact as made out but, he is still pretty good. But Hendrick could easily come in and do that role, which I believe is the idea.

Tomorrow's game is huge, but I will try and not get disheartened if we don't win - hopefully their record over us will play in our favour.

Last time we played them, we didn't have Dawkins, Bamford/Ward, Wisdom, Keane and Hendrick/Eustace in the side - so, hopefully we this time we will have too much for them. We hammered them at Pride Park and we was also the better side in the cup game, yet they won due to our own inability to put the ball in the net.

We had 64% possession, more shots, more shots on goal, made nearly double their passes (with a better accuracy) and made 15 goalscoring oppourtunities to their 10,

We were the better side, much better side - they were lucky, and since then we have got stronger. This time, they won't park the bus and hopefully we can take advantage of that.

B4? Is that you? At last... a rallying call.

I would say that the Eustace role is critical but also, Hughes Bryson have been missing in games and we don't really have anyone to come on with the flair to replace them. So I would be looking for either a loan or permanent for that role.

CDM

CAM

Hendrick is not the answer for either of these roles in our current system. Most over rated Derby Player IMO. For someone who is 6ft + he might as well be 4ft with the lack of strength and aggression he displays, surging runs without the ball is about your lot.

I would say that the Eustace role is critical but also, Hughes Bryson have been missing in games and we don't really have anyone to come on with the flair to replace them. So I would be looking for either a loan or permanent for that role.

CDM

CAM

Hendrick is not the answer for either of these roles in our current system. Most over rated Derby Player IMO. For someone who is 6ft + he might as well be 4ft with the lack of strength and aggression he displays, surging runs without the ball is about your lot.

If you can't be happy with the leagues highest scoring midfielder (and the most creative central midfielder to boot) you aren't going to be happy with anyone. Sorry to say.

When they are on their game these 2 are up there with the best in the league, but like I said they have been missing in the odd game, they will not play well for 90mins of every single game, Hughes in particular has looked tired. But we have no quality back up.

If bryson or hughes picked up an injury tomorrow we would be up the river.

CDM

CAM

And you have a good word to say about...

When they are on their game these 2 are up there with the best in the league, but like I said they have been missing in the odd game, they will not play well for 90mins of every single game, Hughes in particular has looked tired. But we have no quality back up.

If bryson or hughes picked up an injury tomorrow we would be up the river.

bryson was injured last week.

which river were you thinking of? the trent?

I rate Eustace.

I think the balance in midfield is spot on and that's why we've come so far.

I like the team. I don't want to see it too interrupted. I think Cisse and Bailey can provide cover for Eustace if neccesary.

I just rate all the players that start. It's my favourite Derby team since George Burley's side. I quite enjoy them as they are.

433 is an exhausting formation if you don't keep the ball well and as Chelsea showed 4231 can really apply pressure high up and still keep 5/6 players in position. I only worry that tiredness will show up all too often.

Even so, I think there's 16plus teams that would find us very tough on our average day. On our best day we'll beat them. The top sides will always beat us unless we're at our best. We're not THAT good.

CDM

CAM

That's some fine trolling, Lou

I rate Eustace.

I think the balance in midfield is spot on and that's why we've come so far.

I like the team. I don't want to see it too interrupted. I think Cisse and Bailey can provide cover for Eustace if neccesary.

I just rate all the players that start. It's my favourite Derby team since George Burley's side. I quite enjoy them as they are.

433 is an exhausting formation if you don't keep the ball well and as Chelsea showed 4231 can really apply pressure high up and still keep 5/6 players in position. I only worry that tiredness will show up all too often.

Even so, I think there's 16plus teams that would find us very tough on our average day. On our best day we'll beat them. The top sides will always beat us unless we're at our best. We're not THAT good.

so should we not, given that we are in shouting distance of automatic promotion, be looking to improve the side to help make us THAT good?

And the result was?

Did we lack cutting edge / chances?

"http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious-In-Airplane-Gif" alt="Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious-In-Airplane-G">

I don't think we should use not beating a full strength Chelsea side as us not having chances, or lacking cutting edge.

We're by far the highest scoring side in the league. I think we are okay for 'cutting edge'

I also think we are one of the top sides in the division, I have no reason to say otherwise.

If anyone can prove me wrong, I'm listening - but, in the words of Brian Clough - you can argue till you're blue in the face, I have facts to back up why we're one of the top sides in the league.

Even under Clough we was statistically superior than the so called 'top sides'.

"http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious-In-Airplane-Gif" alt="Surely-You-Cant-Be-Serious-In-Airplane-G">

I don't think we should use not beating a full strength Chelsea side as us not having chances, or lacking cutting edge.

We're by far the highest scoring side in the league. I think we are okay for 'cutting edge'

Correct with Bryson and Hughes in the midfield with Eustace behind we have pound for pound the best midfield in the division.

But behind them the quality is not there.

so should we not, given that we are in shouting distance of automatic promotion, be looking to improve the side to help make us THAT good?

I'm more worried we might break it. I still can't forget BD's tinkering at this stage and some of Mac's previous buys.

I don't like the January window since Billy

Archived