Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

A week into the transfer window and aside of the arrival of Pat Bamford, we've only renewed/extended loan deals.

Over the last 5 years, many of us have thought we needed to invest in quality, and over this season, we've been crying out for a left back and a defensive midfielder, and possibly a right winger.

There was a perception, although maybe not held be all, that the club were eagerly anticipating the January window so we could consolidate and improve our status as challengers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with how things are at the moment, but there was always an underlying excitement that we might unearth some unknown Dutch genius!

I only ask this as tomorrow's game v Leicester is quite pivotal in my opinion, a defeat could arguably mean we are play-offs only, whereas a win could arguably mean we are onto something special. You'd think any quality signings would be made before this fixture.

Anyone like to throw a discus?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFP is dictating to all clubs. We can see from the Dawkins/Jacobs situation that the books need to be, there or thereabouts,  balanced. I am sure Chris Evans has and is working very hard to improve the squad whilst trying to meet the managers requirements. Flouting FFP (Forest) and failing to get promoted will end in tears. I know it's a bit boring but FFP is here to put the brakes on and that's exactly what's happening.

CDM CDM CDM CDM CDM CDM CDM

Then I will be happy

Unless James Bailey turns into a world beater.

Whitbread, Dawkins, Bamford and Wisdom all here until the end of the season is nearly enough quality in my opinion. Just one more signing then the return of Keogh, Coutts and Russell will help out big time.

We signed dawkins and sold jacobs (crackers decision)

i doubt the owners are ever serious about major investment for a big push.

Plus......players who will improve us are pretty rare and raite pricey.

Brayford, cresswell.......er somone from croatia.

We signed dawkins and sold jacobs (crackers decision)

i doubt the owners are ever serious about major investment for a big push.

Plus......players who will improve us are pretty rare and raite pricey.

Brayford, cresswell.......er somone from croatia.

I don't think we need major investment to stay at the top end of the league.

We don't but we need to replace Eustace, he's ****

I'd sooner we replace the fans who are so blind that they can't recognise a player making a valuable contribution.

I'd sooner we replace the fans who are so blind that they can't recognise a player making a valuable contribution.

Good at braking up play but nothing more than that.

Not bad to have in a squad but not good enough to be playing every game for a promotion pushing side.

Not bad to have in a squad but not good enough to be playing every game for a promotion pushing side.

Who's been playing in that position then since we have charged up the league?

I agree he needs resting from time to time but to say he's ***** is ludicrous, one of our most consistent performers this season along with sir Jake.

While not questioning Steve's coaching ability - in fact i'd put him up there with the best - his transfer history is a tad worrying. The least activity this January the better for me.

I think that's why he's got the title of head coach and not manager. And we have just signed someone to deal with transfers, i think most targets will be out of his hands to some degree unless he really wants a player he's worked with before.

Neither of the criticisms you make equate to him 'being ****'.

Tough one this. 

Appleby says that money is there if needed, although obviously no mention of how much. We've been burned in the past though for making too many signings in January and destabilizing the squad.

Always wondered how they'd play things if we ever found ourselves near the top come Christmas/New Year.

Happy enough with our strikers and midfield, albeit with the additional cover of another defensive mid being added. Legz is a competent Keeper so happy enough there. We look like we have decent cover in the middle at the back. Personally, I'd like a 'utility' fullback, capable of playing either side if needed. 

Other than that we look ok, so I guess for me, I'd expect two more players in by the close of the window. We must be near to using up our 'loan' quota so presumably we'd be looking at permanents. The defensive mid one should be as we'll likely need to replace Eustace at the end of this campaign anyway.

Archived