Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh they have what we need, experience.

So we either wait for the current group to develop or invest.

Could of done with Keogh tonight but to be honest I think we were beaten by a better team on the night and we didn't play anywhere near our potential. It happens and the Foxes are our bogey side.

Could of done with Keogh tonight but to be honest I think we were beaten by a better team on the night and we didn't play anywhere near our potential. It happens and the Foxes are our bogey side.

Not sure the best defenders in the history of the game would've done well tonight. Sadly, tonight reminded me of the time we had Robbie Savage in the team, plenty of puff but not sparkle. Our midfield tonight, as classy as they are when playing to their best, were largely anonymous. 

In a perverse way, I'm not disheartened tonight, as we weren't beaten at our best, we were poor. We let them win.

Not sure the best defenders in the history of the game would've done well tonight. Sadly, tonight reminded me of the time we had Robbie Savage in the team, plenty of puff but not sparkle. Our midfield tonight, as classy as they are when playing to their best, were largely anonymous. 

In a perverse way, I'm not disheartened tonight, as we weren't beaten at our best, we were poor. We let them win.

We just weren't at it all over the field . Mac will earn his money in the next few months so I'm in for the ride.

If I was going off tonights performance, I'd rid Wisdom and Keane of their loans, stick Forsyth on a train back to Watford.

ring Celtic and Liverpool up to see what time they can pick Bryson and Hughes up.

Give Hendrick a ball to go play on the M1

I'd have Dawkins and Ward mowing the grass... and Chris Martin can go back to his career as the man vs food guy.

----

but since we don't play like that every week, I guess we'll just have to sit tight.

I doubt we'll sign anyone else anyway, regardless of whether we lose every game this month. As long as we win one more game this season we will stay up, right? :ph34r:

In all honesty though, wouldn't build your hopes up.

Why don't people rate Eustace? He's a good solid DM with decent passing ability and I quite like the dirty side to his game you'd never get off our teams of the past 5 years. Cynical fouls etc. All neccesary.

I'm not sure anyone is showing a problem with Eustace, he has been pivotal for us, however it does look like his age is catching up with him in the last 30 minutes of a game.

I think if we could get a similar player to Eustace but younger, we would be in a decent position.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple...

I'm not sure anyone is showing a problem with Eustace, he has been pivotal for us, however it does look like his age is catching up with him in the last 30 minutes of a game.

I think if we could get a similar player to Eustace but younger, we would be in a decent position.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple...

You could say we have two more DM's in the squad in Cisse and Bailey.

I don't really understand why Hendrick is playing there ahead of them. He's got decent technical ability but he's not got the best movement and positioning.

Eustace quite clever but you're right. With 20-30 mins to go he falls behind the play. Things pass him by.

Why don't people rate Eustace? He's a good solid DM with decent passing ability and I quite like the dirty side to his game you'd never get off our teams of the past 5 years. Cynical fouls etc. All neccesary.

I do rate Eustace but he needed a rest he will probably come back better for it.

His age is against him but he's 100 percent man he may of got sent off with last nights referee.!

I think he would have struggled last night as all the players did as the Foxes are on a role and what's this Hendrick bashing hes just back from injury why just single him out m8

PS. The ref was a real home team man I think Hendrick , Bucko and Martin will have thought that.

Why the hell did he give a free kick to them 1st half in the box against Keane when we nearly scored and he blew up when Sammon was away. He should have given a free kick on Hendrick for the 4th goal it was a clear clear foul.

Let's not get carried away it's one game and Keogh will be back soon probably playing with Whitbread

TIN HAT ON

I do rate Eustace but he needed a rest he will probably come back better for it.

His age is against him but he's 100 percent man he may of got sent off with last nights referee.!

I think he would have struggled last night as all the players did as the Foxes are on a role and what's this Hendrick bashing hes just back from injury why just single him out m8

PS. The ref was a real home team man I think Hendrick , Bucko and Martin will have thought that.

Why the hell did he give a free kick to them 1st half in the box against Keane when we nearly scored and he blew up when Sammon was away. He should have given a free kick on Hendrick for the 4th goal it was a clear clear foul.

Let's not get carried away it's one game and Keogh will be back soon probably playing with Whitbread

TIN HAT ON

After all the good Buxton has done in the last few months he doesn't deserve dropping at all.

I'm only saying Hendrick can't play that role. Never ever has he looked like that sort of player. He's played there under Clough alongside another DM and he looked too restricted in attack and was hopeless in defence.

I think he's decent. But I bet he doesn't make many good appearances in that role again. Injured or not.

It's not bashing to say a player played badly? I was praising him on Sunday.

After all the good Buxton has done in the last few months he doesn't deserve dropping at all.

I'm only saying Hendrick can't play that role. Never ever has he looked like that sort of player. He's played there under Clough alongside another DM and he looked too restricted in attack and was hopeless in defence.

I think he's decent. But I bet he doesn't make many good appearances in that role again. Injured or not.

It's not bashing to say a player played badly? I was praising him on Sunday.

what's your answer then Cisse because Eustace needed a rest Simmo said as much in not so many words.

Look we've had a few games too far we need to re-group and your right about Bucko he's been brilliant of late.

Not at all, but if Eustace needs resting or is injured, who is going to play that role effectively?

We have Cisse but some fans downed him for making a mistake to let Huddersfield back in to equalize .

I think Steve needs to dip in to the January transfer window if he doesn't rate Cisse or change the system without Eustace week in week out

To be honest it wasn't just midfield last night we were out run all over the field and don't let that ball bounce and give away stupid penaltys.

We have Cisse but some fans downed him for making a mistake to let Huddersfield back in to equalize .

I think Steve needs to dip in to the January transfer window if he doesn't rate Cisse or change the system without Eustace week in week out

I think he need's to as well, hence my CDM please post that you picked up on.  ;)

what's your answer then Cisse because Eustace needed a rest Simmo said as much in not so many words.

Look we've had a few games too far we need to re-group and your right about Bucko he's been brilliant of late.

Well I don't understand why not use Cisse. He was good enough to cover once before. He was good enough to sign up. Why have him sat there doing nothing?

I don't really like second guessing team selections because its not fair with the advantage of hindsight. Cisse could have played and been worse! But I never did think Hendrick would work there. You might aswell ask Bryson to sit in there. They just don't fit.

I think McClaren wanted his best midfielders out there. We've seen Nigel try it many times. I don't think there's much room for Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson all starting. You'll always restrict one of them.

Bailey v Cisse v Eustace. If a defensive/protective midfielder comes from anywhere else within the squad then one of these three can be sold.

Well I don't understand why not use Cisse. He was good enough to cover once before. He was good enough to sign up. Why have him sat there doing nothing?

I don't really like second guessing team selections because its not fair with the advantage of hindsight. Cisse could have played and been worse! But I never did think Hendrick would work there. You might aswell ask Bryson to sit in there. They just don't fit.

I think McClaren wanted his best midfielders out there. We've seen Nigel try it many times. I don't think there's much room for Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson all starting. You'll always restrict one of them.

Bailey v Cisse v Eustace. If a defensive/protective midfielder comes from anywhere else within the squad then one of these three can be sold.

I was advocating a holding midfielder for a while on here and fair play to NC for getting Eustace in but he also realized he would be a short term option and was sometimes reluctant to play him.

Don't forget this is all new to SM still and he will have learnt from last night.

Jeff Hendrick will have to adapt his game but he's a young lad

Hughes and Bryson were also poor last night but the defenders didn't do their job either

We just have to re-group

Archived