Did you expect more transfer activity?

Mostyn6

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the ball he is absolute ****, just put's it blind in the corner 99% of the time

I've got to be fair here, as much as I'm not a Eustace fan, he rarely wastes the ball. If he hasn't got a pass on, he's more likely to be dispossessed than lump it into the corner. In fact, I don't think he's done that once during this spell at the club. Your 99% is actually 0%, sorry!

I've got to be fair here, as much as I'm not a Eustace fan, he rarely wastes the ball. If he hasn't got a pass on, he's more likely to be dispossessed than lump it into the corner. In fact, I don't think he's done that once during this spell at the club. Your 99% is actually 0%, sorry!

Watch the Wigan and Huddersfield games back then try and say he hasn't done that once. When the ball comes into him he plays it one touch in behind the full back and always gives it away.

Last couple of games he has been done by players running at him (Cywka Barnsley and Willian for Chelsea)

Watch the Wigan and Huddersfield games back then try and say he hasn't done that once. When the ball comes into him he plays it one touch in behind the full back and always gives it away.

Last couple of games he has been done by players running at him (Cywka Barnsley and Willian for Chelsea)

One touch behind the full-back is an ambitious pass, and totally different to lumping it in the corner.

As for being done by Cywka and Willian, I mentioned this myself the other day when criticising Eustace, as I said, I'm no major fan of his, but I found your criticism of his basic game a bit harsh and unfair.

Good at braking up play but nothing more than that.

Not bad to have in a squad but not good enough to be playing every game for a promotion pushing side.

"Good at breaking up play"? Well isn't that the main requirement of a defensive midfielder -nick the ball, simple 10 yard pass to a teammate who has the skill and vision to then move it further forward?

If we bring any permanent signings in then I reckon they need to be of a quality which more or less guarantees them a starting place every time. To spend what are probably finite resources on a couple of support players seems a waste since come the end of the season what do we do with them - if we get promoted their value to the squad will be even less because the standards required would be even higher.

Don't we already have the supporting players to the 1st Xl - Freeman , Whitbread, Bamford, Sammon, Bennett etc? We keep being told that Steve has contacts across Europe so my hope is that he's considering one or maybe even two quality additions who can help in maintaining progress. We have come a long way in such a short time so strike while the iron's hot - if the board can support in this transfer windows then we can look to the second half of the season with real anticipation.

Don't ask me what positions need strengthening -that's up to the management.

Good at braking up play but nothing more than that.

Not bad to have in a squad but not good enough to be playing every game for a promotion pushing side.

A bit like Chris Martin, good at scoring, winning free kicks, winning penalties, bringing players into the game, but nothing more than that.

Breaking up play is probably the most important thing that he's in the team to do.

On the transfer front, Derby have got themselves in a terrific position, but imo they need to add to the squad now to keep the momentum they have built up going. I don't think we have it in our squad to go up automatically, and while we should qualify for the play offs, it's down to one, two or three games.

I don't think we've been playing particularly well recently (great in patches but not as sustained as when SM took over) - we got away with it against the lower teams but not against Wigan, Chelsea and, I suspect, Leicester. Three defeats on the spin and that winning momentum starts to fade and life becomes a little tougher.

Right now players will want to come to Derby, it's an easier sell than it's been for years. 

The caveat of course is whether there is money to invest, and whether there are players out there that will improve us at the right price. Or indeed, as it was mentioned before, whether the manager feels he needs to add to the squad.

A commanding CDM to give Eustace a break is the key for me. I think Eustace has been excellent but has looked a bit jaded in the last 3 or 4 games. If we can replace him with someone 5 years younger, Eustace can be used a bit more sparingly to better effect.

Beyond that I dont think we need anything else.

I'd like to see us bring another winger in. Someone to take wards place if he hasn't done anything decent in the first half. Mason is a bit too inexperienced at the moment. Being able to take a decent corner and a free kick would be nice. Rather than the current free..(goal)kick taker

I'd like to see us start on Friday with someone who has no fear, has pace to burn, is as strong as a bull and could, say, rip Ashley Cole a new one.

No idea where we could find such a player though.

I'm very happy with the current squad and I think we need to be very cautious about what we add to it.

What's important is to see how we respond to losing against Leicester, if we do. If we win, that will be absolutely fantastic, but if we lose, the way we react to three defeats on the bounce will be far more significant than any of the three defeats themselves.

The squad is good enough to be promoted, but that's not the whole story.

A commanding CDM to give Eustace a break is the key for me. I think Eustace has been excellent but has looked a bit jaded in the last 3 or 4 games. If we can replace him with someone 5 years younger, Eustace can be used a bit more sparingly to better effect.

Beyond that I dont think we need anything else.

Agreed, although maybe someone who can cover LB would be useful.

Agreed, although maybe someone who can cover LB would be useful.

I think Freeman and wisdom can both play LB.

If Forsyth got injured for 2 weeks we would cope but if he gets a real bad injury that would leave him out for a very long time obviously we would look to get one in bu atm I think we are ok

Agreed also.

Let's not forget that Watford did a lot better than us last season and they deemed Eustace past it and didn't offer him a new contract. NC only ever planned to use him sparingly as a "closer" for the last 10-15 minutes of games.

I think his position is key to Mac's tactics, and he's done a good job but he is definitely not going to manage to carry on like that all season.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty. (Can you say that still)

Erm, we were on an unbeaten run, we lost the last league game, yes, we won 8 on the bounce before that with a team that was missing at different times, various players who have either returned or are going to return.

We've signed a forward who can play wide right, or up front, (covering 2 positions)

Why do we need anymore players?

Don't like Eustace? We have Hendrick. We have Keogh returning soon. (I'd leave him out atm).

As the Mac says, let's see how things pan out before the window closes again. We can always loan somebody as and when anyway.

One word. Bailey.

People saying we need a Eustace that is 5 years younger. He fits that bill. Eustace has been criticised for his passing ability. Baileys is far superior.

Personally i would be more than happy with Eustace and Bailey as our holding mids, with Hendrick able to step in there if required too.

My only concern is at LB. I would prefer some cover there.

The CBs are covered. RB is covered with Freeman competent cover for wisdom.

Midfield looks good with bailey, eustace, Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson, and eventually coutts all vying for 3 places.

Goal seems ok.

The wings look good. Dawkins, bennett, bamford, russell and Ward all for 2 positions.

My only worry apart from lb is a striker. We have one. Martin. An injury to him and we're in trouble.

No side would get promotion with sammon as its main striker.

So LB and CF please.

Archived