Johnny Russell outgoing rumours

Stimacked

I think Russell Is a better player than ward. To me Ward is a luxury player, when he's on form he's a really good player but for me puts too many poor crosses in. And when he can't be arsed he's non existent.

Russell on the other hand puts better balls in, makes the correct decisions and ALWAYS looks interested.

I agree, give him a full season and i think he could get close to 20 goals. Problem is we have Martin and could possibly have Dawkins too, both also capaple of 20 odd a season.

Oh what a dilemma to have for a change.

For me Ward is in a similar vain to Giles Barnes.  On the very rare occasions his head is on it and he's fully committed he can be unplayable...  The rest of the time he runs into blind alleys, shoots/dribbles when a pass is on, passes when a shot is on etc.

Surely it's a matter of time until Russell comes in for a run of games???

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Ward is in a similar vain to Giles Barnes.  On the very rare occasions his head is on it and he's fully committed he can be unplayable...  The rest of the time he runs into blind alleys, shoots/dribbles when a pass is on, passes when a shot is on etc.

Surely it's a matter of time until Russell comes in for a run of games???

To be fair, I think it's a while before a number of players can get a run of games. We're at a time of year when players are going to be in and out of the team a lot. I get the impression that the management team are quite keen on squad rotation.

That situation probably won't settle until February now.

North stand ram,not everyone didn't give Martin a look, if u look back at my posts when Martin 1st came I used the words guile, and vision, touch...  back on topic, a decision has to be made about Russell, I think he should be given a run of games dropping Ward as I said after Pool, Ward just hasn't been on song of late, and Russell is looking fit and hungry, so swap 'em please Mac. Then we can see who should stay and who should go...

North stand ram,not everyone didn't give Martin a look, if u look back at my posts when Martin 1st came I used the words guile, and vision, touch...  back on topic, a decision has to be made about Russell, I think he should be given a run of games dropping Ward as I said after Pool, Ward just hasn't been on song of late, and Russell is looking fit and hungry, so swap 'em please Mac. Then we can see who should stay and who should go...

Why should it be one or the other? We should keep both. Both great options.

Why should it be one or the other? We should keep both. Both great options.

Whether i agree or disagree, its not up to us, i was implying that hopefully b4 The Mac lets anyone go he should have a good look at them in a couple of proper games... especially Russell

Once he starts playing more and Hughes starts to pick him out with through balls, the league (delete as appropriate champ/prem) may aswell call it a day.

The team had their Xmas party before the Charlton game and Hughes spent Saturday dropping chocolate hostages and we still won comfortably. I think this division has surrendered. Russell should stay for the Europa League next year though and an FA Cup medal

Archived