Johnny Russell outgoing rumours

Stimacked

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just see him dropping down to the lower end of league 1......

If Ward gets injured, he's the first replacement. 

Bucko will be next.....

Yeah hes been good when he's played just hasn't really got going yet.

I think he could be better than Ward however Ward frustrates me  somwtimes.

i think Russell and Keane will play and start in time you just can't change a winning team

Sheffield United got 800k knocking about then?

That really is laughable. The lad's coming back from injury - I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him becoming a firm starter at some point again this season.

i thought they got a rich arab  owner now? Is he another Fawaz?

We only paid 800k because he had a year left on his deal, he's probably worth 3x that under a long contract like he is now.

DERBY County have dismissed a report suggesting they could allow striker Johnny Russell to leave in the January transfer window.

The report said former Rams manager Nigel Clough, now at Sheffield United, has refused to rule out the possibility of raiding his old club for players.

"That might be a possibility," said Clough. “It is something we have spoken and talked about. It’s always an advantage when you know the people and the individuals concerned.”

Russell was named in the report as a player the Rams might allow to leave but that is wide of the mark, say Derby, and will not happen

•  

The striker arrived from Dundee United in the summer and signed a four-year deal.

He was a regular starter earlier this season before he broke his leg against Leeds United in October.

He has figured in the last five games as he works his way back to full match fitness and is a key member of the squad.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-dimiss-report-suggesting-Johnny/story-20327864-detail/story.html#ixzz2neZZYXTU

Reporter thinks which Derby player is decent but not played much recently - Russel.

Reporters other brain cell - but he's been injured

reporters first brain cell - im not listening anyway uts too late I've typed it and can't fund the delete key

I don't think they're that expensive. A whole USB keyboard's only a tenner.

Archived