Johnny Russell outgoing rumours

Stimacked

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why journalism ruins football, a preposterous rumour, Johnny is one of our better player?!??!?

I AM OUTRAGED and deeply saddened  

Don't be. It's just someone trying to earn a dishonest living by making up bullshit

It's quite funny looking back at Russell. When he joined the hype was massive and everyone was saying he'd be our 20 goal a season man. Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant out wide but no one have Chris Martin a second look when we signed him!

I admit I was very wrong about Martin. However, I still think Russell could be a 20 goal man given a full season. I think he is a really good player and deserves to start ahead of Ward. He is a better passer and makes good decisions.

I admit I was very wrong about Martin. However, I still think Russell could be a 20 goal man given a full season. I think he is a really good player and deserves to start ahead of Ward. He is a better passer and makes good decisions.

100% agree. Ward been shocking last two. And I agree, he probably could up front, it is great that we're sharing the goals out

When he came on at Charlton and against Blackpool, you can see he is quite raw but his through balls are very effective and his pace causes problems. His chances have not really come but when they do come, he takes them (exception of the Burnley game, horrific finishing).

I think Russell Is a better player than ward. To me Ward is a luxury player, when he's on form he's a really good player but for me puts too many poor crosses in. And when he can't be arsed he's non existent.

Russell on the other hand puts better balls in, makes the correct decisions and ALWAYS looks interested.

I agree, give him a full season and i think he could get close to 20 goals. Problem is we have Martin and could possibly have Dawkins too, both also capaple of 20 odd a season.

Oh what a dilemma to have for a change.

I think Russell Is a better player than ward. To me Ward is a luxury player, when he's on form he's a really good player but for me puts too many poor crosses in. And when he can't be arsed he's non existent.

Russell on the other hand puts better balls in, makes the correct decisions and ALWAYS looks interested.

I agree, give him a full season and i think he could get close to 20 goals. Problem is we have Martin and could possibly have Dawkins too, both also capaple of 20 odd a season.

I don't think he could get 20 from out wide. If played through the middle, he could.

As for Ward, I think he loves to be the main man. He likes to be the one to either shoot or cross it at the end of every move. That used to be necessary for us, but it certainly isn't now. He needs to learn he hasn't got to be like that anymore and can trust others whilst still getting his goals and assists naturally.

I'm not sure Dawkins could get 20+ a season...

60  goals from 3 strikers will do for me! And, we've also got Bryson.

And Bucko. Happy days.

Archived