Johnny Russell outgoing rumours

Stimacked

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly cannot think of 5 or 6...

realistically, I think perhaps Sammon and Bavies (if they have a chairman with cash) and if Barker gets fit and doesn't get into the side again, however likely/unlikely that is.. I would expect Clough to be first on the list.

Johnny going to Sheff United is just bizarre - never going to happen, waste of a phone call!

Sheff u fan i know was chatting to simon clough and said his mrs was well fit.

He reported that....

Nigel is going to trim the squad, won't be doing much in jan, but will have a big clear out in the summer.

Just for info really.......

• That made me chuckle. Baffles me why Clough would even mention Russell. Either he's naïve and thinks McClaren doesn't rate him by keeping him on the bench whilst he's recovering from injury or he's trying to rock the boat. Either way, poor by him.

John Vicars ‏@johnrvicars 1m

#dcfcfans For those who have asked theres more chance of Christmas being cancelled than Johnny Russell going to Sheffield United #endofstory

I don't understand why fans are worried about this. We'll sell if we want to (in which case we get money in, lower the wage bill to make space for players we want in) and if we don't want to sell,we'll decline the offer. Can't see any players in a promotion chasing championship side being upset that we won't allow them to talk to a relegation battling league one side

I think he might want (not the same as going to get)

Freeman

At least one of OB (loan), O'Connor, Barker (loan) (if fit) or Buxton (he'll ask)

Bailey

Bavies

Jacobs 

Russell (Not a cat in hell's chance)

Sammon (possible if we get in a replacement) or Ball

I know supporters would never want Sir Jake to leave (and he won't this season), Russell won't go, but I'd have no problem with any of the others going (including Sammon if we get a replacement)

Archived