Those who kicked off about Cloughs sacking

Curtains

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tin hats on ,look out for incoming .This one will run and run, fact his Nigel did a great job of steading the ship and rebuilding after Jimmy Jewel and Nobhead Billy  at the time probably best man for the job.

Nigel took us as far as he could looks like Steve can move us on that bit more .Simples. For what it's worth I stood at Wembly and told my mate we should sack Davis as he had took us as far as his ability and he looked at me gone out but he was'nt a prem manager.

Half fans. People who don't unconditionally support the club irrespective of who is in charge are half fans.

If the cap fits, wear it.

That's BS mate. If you don't rate a particular manager or the way to club is being run you vote with your feet, as I did under Clough. I've followed this club through thick and thin for more than 30 years but under Nigel i'd simply had enough of giving the club my hard earned cash. That you thought differently doesn't make you a better fan of the club than me or anyone else who felt the same, no more than anyone should be smug about the current upswing in form. We are all Rams fans who care about our club and we should just b happy that we are heading in the right direction.

We deserve an apology as McClaren is clearly doing a great job. For all the doubters about Mac what do you say now as I think it was disrespectful !

I was very sad to see Nigel Clough be sacked. I thought he was building steadily and could clearly see the quality of many players like Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Ward and Russell. Though I was becoming less active in supporting him against the " Clough Out" brigade.

Just 7 days prior to the Florist match I had a conversation with an ex Rams player and we both agreed that maybe it was going to take Nigel too long, or not at all to take us up and the time might be coming where GSE say " thanks for the great job you have done stabilising DCFC and the incredible job you have done with the academy...but we now feel the time is right to let a.n.other carry on your good work".

His sacking after that orrible game came as a shock still. Took some time to sink in. Even if Steve Mac, Simmo and Eric get us promoted, win the prem, the cup and the champions league I will never concede that sacking Nigel Clough hours after a Florist game was not only cruel but could have been handled better. He deserved a better out and it was a poor poor way to finish the Cloughs at Derby County.

However..taking all this onboard..I awaited with baited breath to see what the following days, weeks, months would bring and have been delighted by the outcome so far under the new staff. More than delighted really. Bottom line is I am a DCFC fan and only want the best for my beloved club.

So I wont apologise to you Curtains or anyone for my previous support of Nigel Clough or my shock and disappointment at his sacking.

I might have had misplaced loyalty. Many do...its football after all and loyalty is a fans lot in my book. We have been wrong before ( yes you too Curtains) and we will be wrong again. Should we be apologising or just singing our hearts out for the team and backing them?

I live ( from a sports fan point of view) to support my team, my club and live in hope of better times. What do you live for? Having people say " you were right"? How churllish.

Apologise? No......

Anyway, I've decided to ignore curtains from now on.

I said I was going to be on my best behaviour from now on, and I just realised that I've spent half an hour getting wound up by a troll - and a damned poor one at that.

Didn't you stay away during the reign of the Three Amigos?

Yes I did.

I consider that stopping going to home matches as soon as it was discovered that they had sold the ground to a Panamanian company, and therefore in doing to I withheld my funding from a board who were ultimately discovered in a court of law to be engaging in criminal activities is somewhat different to boycotting a manager because he is too cautious and has a not-very-good back room staff. I spent those days helping out at the Eagle Centre Market on the RamsTrust stall.

I also had to stop going for a year 4 years ago because I was housebound, and 'watched' the home games via the DVDs the club issued (much to the mirth of some Forest fans).

Are they the same thing as not going because you don't like the manager? Perhaps they are in some people's books they are and perhaps in their eyes I'm really a hypocrite.

That's up to others to judge. I've said my piece on the matter.

Yes I did.

I consider that stopping going to home matches as soon as it was discovered that they had sold the ground to a Panamanian company, and therefore in doing to I withheld my funding from a board who were ultimately discovered in a court of law to be engaging in criminal activities is somewhat different to boycotting a manager because he is too cautious and has a not-very-good back room staff. I spent those days helping out at the Eagle Centre Market on the RamsTrust stall.

I also had to stop going for a year 4 years ago because I was housebound, and 'watched' the home games via the DVDs the club issued (much to the mirth of some Forest fans).

Are they the same thing as not going because you don't like the manager? Perhaps they are in some people's books they are and perhaps in their eyes I'm really a hypocrite.

That's up to others to judge. I've said my piece on the matter.

Personally I stayed away from Pride Park from the 3-0 defeat v Millwall around Christmas time, unti the Tedd McMinn testimonial, so you won't be getting any criticism from me. I've picked and chosen games in the last 2 seasons since not renewing, yes that was out of sheer apathy and lack of inspiration and enjoyment. I went a whole calendar year without enjoying a game, not even a win v Leeds was enjoyable in that time. I just think if someone has their reasons, they have their reasons.

I was once is such a bad financial state that I couldn't renew my season ticket, so became a steward for two seasons.

A bit like Groundhog Day! I was relieved when Clough was asked to go, some of my mates were more pro Clough and we discussed the ins and outs of that loads of times after the match and down the pub.

I just don't get the need for fans to keep seeking some sought of justification for the opinion they held and postulate that this makes them a more worthy, insightful fan than the any of the other fans.

A bit like Groundhog Day! I was relieved when Clough was asked to go, some of my mates were more pro Clough and we discussed the ins and outs of that loads of times after the match and down the pub.

I just don't get the need for fans to keep seeking some sought of justification for the opinion they held and postulate that this makes them a more worthy, insightful fan than the any of the other fans.

Its not that it's the fans who kept dishing it out.

The pro Clough ones who thought he walked on water .

The ones who say I didn't agree with sacking Clough and criticizing Rush appointing Mac and now say he's surprised me !

Just the man. I was thinking earlier about just what is different. One thing I repeatedly bored everyone with was the "seven out of ten or better..." comment, where I said that until your players are playing 7/10 or better, you cannot say they are not good enough. Anyways, have you continued doing your ratings? I'd be interested in a comparison 5 games prior to AND last 5 games under McClaren.

As for this article. I might sit back and enjoy! lol

I haven't unfortunately - spent a lot of time writing so haven't had the chance.

I did a statistical comparison article between Clough and McClaren though - we're making a loss less passes, and we're more direct but results have been a lot better (obviously) defensively far,far superior and our goals average hasn't taken a knock.

whoscored.com is a really good website - have a look on there. 

Archived