Those who kicked off about Cloughs sacking

Curtains

Marvelous post but tell me this why aren't you celebrating our u21s losing to Sheff u today

I'm sorry for ever defending Clough. McMuffin was right, he was a cnut. Motsyn was right, especially his libellious hearsay accusations. Sideshowbob was right and defintely not a troll. Troydyer was right, especially when he only ever posted one line of bile after a loss. Nottsram was right, never more so when he was laughing at Clough's sacking, although he seem to have disappeared after slating McClaren. Bris was right, apart from Peteborough away.

To be honest, this forum was getting unbearable towards the end of Clough reign of terror. As soon as the final whistle went, all those pro-cloughers would come on here and make personal comments about posters who they knew disagreed. Then the anti-clough heroes would calmly point out every single one of his failings in a mature and constructive way.

I've heard sideshow bob will be starting a thread tomorrow if we win with a brilliant tactical analysis of Clough vs Steve so we can all say sorry to him too.

Ps sorry curtains, I always skipped over your posts without reading. I guess you were one of the anti-clough martyrs too. I salute you comrade, you must have gone to hell and back.

Marvelous post but tell me this why aren't you out celebrating our u21s losing to Sheff U today by 2 goals to nil.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think that's clever do you . Seem to remember you were Cloughs biggest fan.

Christ you say these things like it's something plausibly accusatory.

I don't really weigh in on the football/coaching side of debates on this forum because they become impossibly pedantic and i'm aware a great majority of posters probably have a much better knowledge of football then I.

If they wanted to sack him fair enough, do it last week or do it next week.

Sacking Nige the day he looses to forest if a complete ******* disgrace with everything involved.

Yes, I clearly owe you an apology for having a human side and wanting to believe in some romanticism left in football. I clearly owe you an apology for having an opinion which is and was different to yours. If McClaren was to loose the next 10 games there would be an equally i'll advised topic from some member of this forum claiming something contrary and you'd be subject to the whims of internet forum superiority. And then when he won the next 10 after that you'd once again have that small little mind of yours reveling for a pat on the back again. It's sad, it's boring.

Bris was right, apart from Peteborough away.

What wasn't I right about regarding Peterborough away?

I only mentioned that we were dire going into latter stages of the game and it had cost us so many points over Clough's first 2 and a half years..

That stat improved alot to almost even over a season over the past 2 seasons..

In fact this season we haven't had many game changing late goals have we? Blackburn at home and Watford away are the only ones I can think of.. So NC was -2 and SM +2... I wonder how that changes over the season.

Yes, I clearly owe you an apology for having a human side and wanting to believe in some romanticism left in football. I clearly owe you an apology for having an opinion which is and was different to yours. If McClaren was to loose the next 10 games there would be an equally i'll advised topic from some member of this forum claiming something contrary and you'd be subject to the whims of internet forum superiority. And then when he won the next 10 after that you'd once again have that small little mind of yours reveling for a pat on the back again. It's sad, it's boring.

Although it's been covered I actually think Clough had to go there and then...

Especially with 2 winnable home games against Ipswich and Leeds afterwards.. Had Clough picked up 4-6 points from those two games he would have saved himself at least another month..

All in the past, and to be honest threads like these are just pointless.

We're all Derby fans so what's with the 'trying to get one over another poster' deal? We've all taken loads of flak over the past few years now we should all just enjoy what we've got.. Which is a decent side playing arguably the best football for a long time.

What wasn't I right about regarding Peterborough away?

I only mentioned that we were dire going into latter stages of the game and it had cost us so many points over Clough's first 2 and a half years..

That stat improved alot to almost even over a season over the past 2 seasons..

In fact this season we haven't had many game changing late goals have we? Blackburn at home and Watford away are the only ones I can think of.. So NC was -2 and SM +2... I wonder how that changes over the season.

Haha you know it. I blame you for the anti-clough bile, it was much worse when you left. Good point about the late goals though, that did dry up.

Actually, most of Clough's seasons seemed to suffer from different problems to be replaced by other one: inconsistency match to match, good spells then poor spells, only can win at home, only can win away. He may have cracked it soon but thankfully he has left us in very good shape.

Maybe it turned out to be the prime time to replace him. Happy, committed squad. Lots of young and good players. No excess in terms of wages. No great anger from the fans. Was well harsh how he left, but he's let a great bunch of lads behind.

Although it's been covered I actually think Clough had to go there and then...

Especially with 2 winnable home games against Ipswich and Leeds afterwards.. Had Clough picked up 4-6 points from those two games he would have saved himself at least another month..

All in the past, and to be honest threads like these are just pointless.

We're all Derby fans so what's with the 'trying to get one over another poster' deal? We've all taken loads of flak over the past few years now we should all just enjoy what we've got.. Which is a decent side playing arguably the best football for a long time.

Here here. Bris 1, curtains 0. Motsyn -1

Haha you know it. I blame you for the anti-clough bile, it was much worse when you left. Good point about the late goals though, that did dry up.

Actually, most of Clough's seasons seemed to suffer from different problems to be replaced by other one: inconsistency match to match, good spells then poor spells, only can win at home, only can win away. He may have cracked it soon but thankfully he has left us in very good shape.

Maybe it turned out to be the prime time to replace him. Happy, committed squad. Lots of young and good players. No excess in terms of wages. No great anger from the fans. Was well harsh how he left, but he's let a great bunch of lads behind.

You sound like the pupil who got the answer wrong but then says but I really know the right answer.

It's lovely that people take so much pleasure out of a man who had Derby County in his heart getting sacked.

It's not as if he wanted us to succeed or anything.

Good riddance eh?

Maybe when he kicks the bucket he can have an extra large grave for people to dance on?

All due respect to those that thought we needed a change. Should be mutual respect for those that thought he was the future. We all want the best for Derby.

But those that seem to take pleasure out of it. Bit sad.

Ah, the famous pupil fable. You got me girlfriend. I thought I had won, so took a rest just before the finishing line. I woke up only to see u steaming past.

lets face it if you and a lot of others had been in Rushs position Clough would still be here and we would still be stagnating. We were going nowhere fast face it for goodness sake.

I'm glad I'm on the same page as greats such as Bris and Mostyn who cares what you think . I'm right your wrong .

Hey its only an opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion init. Just don't make personal remarks. Its not fair. Unless its about Clough He deserved it, with all that slowly building a competitive teams bull ****.

I'm sorry for ever defending Clough. McMuffin was right, he was a cnut. Motsyn was right, especially his libellious hearsay accusations. Sideshowbob was right and defintely not a troll. Troydyer was right, especially when he only ever posted one line of bile after a loss. Nottsram was right, never more so when he was laughing at Clough's sacking, although he seem to have disappeared after slating McClaren. Bris was right, apart from Peteborough away.

To be honest, this forum was getting unbearable towards the end of Clough reign of terror. As soon as the final whistle went, all those pro-cloughers would come on here and make personal comments about posters who they knew disagreed. Then the anti-clough heroes would calmly point out every single one of his failings in a mature and constructive way.

I've heard sideshow bob will be starting a thread tomorrow if we win with a brilliant tactical analysis of Clough vs Steve so we can all say sorry to him too.

Ps sorry curtains, I always skipped over your posts without reading. I guess you were one of the anti-clough martyrs too. I salute you comrade, you must have gone to hell and back.

Libelous?

lets face it if you and a lot of others had been in Rushs position Clough would still be here and we would still be stagnating. We were going nowhere fast face it for goodness sake.

It appears it was a good decision. We should all be happy. But we're all still arguing and trying to score points off each other.

Grant

Keogh who you love

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hendrick who you love

Bryson

Hughes

Russell

Martin

Ward

Good players eh? How did they get where they are?

Give credit where it's due. No more than that. But don't ignore it either

It appears it was a good decision. We should all be happy. But we're all still arguing and trying to score points off each other.

Grant

Keogh who you love

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hendrick who you love

Bryson

Hughes

Russell

Martin

Ward

Good players eh? How did they get where they are?

Give credit where it's due. No more than that. But don't ignore it either

Ok I'll be sensible to a reasonable poster.

Clough had 10 years at Burton and did well but it was a slow process.

He took the Rams job arguably too early as a Manager and stablised the club .

He had a mixed time at Derby in his 5 year tenure

It was time for a change IMO

Apologies curtains but i've not read this thread. I've been busy last few days and 7 pages is a bit much to catch up on just now.

I will hazard a guess. Call it a lucky dip - a shot in the dark type thing if you will -  that the outcome of these 7 pages is that some people think Clough did a good job and some think he didn't.

amirite?

Apologies curtains but i've not read this thread. I've been busy last few days and 7 pages is a bit much to catch up on just now.

I will hazard a guess. Call it a lucky dip - a shot in the dark type thing if you will - that the outcome of these 7 pages is that some people think Clough did a good job and some think he didn't.

amirite?

You are right but I think I may have got a bit silly about things lol.

It's all subjective and at the end of the day its maybe me that should just shut up now.

Archived