Those who kicked off about Cloughs sacking

Curtains

Personally I stayed away from Pride Park from the 3-0 defeat v Millwall around Christmas time, unti the Tedd McMinn testimonial, so you won't be getting any criticism from me. I've picked and chosen games in the last 2 seasons since not renewing, yes that was out of sheer apathy and lack of inspiration and enjoyment. I went a whole calendar year without enjoying a game, not even a win v Leeds was enjoyable in that time. I just think if someone has their reasons, they have their reasons.

I was once is such a bad financial state that I couldn't renew my season ticket, so became a steward for two seasons.

I used to walk to home games thinking what crap I'm I going to watch this time . Jeff Hendrick was my only salvation.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people on here are going look massively stupid if things start to go the wrong way.

Well, we await the next gloating thread with interest in that case - and I daresay that will be an equally pathetic point-scoring opportunity for a completely different bunch of small-minded half-fans.

Its not that it's the fans who kept dishing it out. The pro Clough ones who thought he walked on water.

I think there are some fans who supported the man( Malone, some bloke on the other message board who wrote a cringeworthy song about him et al) in front of the club and they are there to be shot at. I think the logical argument many other pro clough fans put across was they bought into his long term strategy about building the club up utilising youth and providing solid foundations for the club to build on, I don't think they thought he walked on water but bought into his philosophy. Personally Im more impatient and would like to have seen a more aggressive strategy sooner.

One thing none of us can do is rewrite history and the debate will rage on as to whether we have benefitted from Leaving Clough in the role as long as we did or would we be in a better position as a club if we had done this sooner.

Well, we await the next gloating thread with interest in that case - and I daresay that will be an equally pathetic point-scoring opportunity for a completely different bunch of small-minded half-fans.

Half fans you forget easily my friend some of your more outstanding posts

A bit like Groundhog Day! I was relieved when Clough was asked to go, some of my mates were more pro Clough and we discussed the ins and outs of that loads of times after the match and down the pub.

I just don't get the need for fans to keep seeking some sought of justification for the opinion they held and postulate that this makes them a more worthy, insightful fan than the any of the other fans.

I do recall, albeit on another football forum, that last January, after beating Middlesbro (who were flying high at the time), an article popped up slating anyone who doubted Clough as Derby had beaten Tranmere(?) heavily in the cup too and were looking good.

It was quite vicious, possibly as vicious as it could possibly be on t'interwebs, but I was named in the article, and took it on the chin, but the next game was where Brayford played centre mid and we got beaten by Brighton and went on a horrid run of something like 2 wins in 15 games.

I would like to gloat sometimes, not because I think we are by any means the finished article, but yeah because, every thing I thought I could see as a reason for change, was ridiculed, but then ultimately mentioned in the reasons for change by Sam Rush.

I do recall, albeit on another football forum, that last January, after beating Middlesbro (who were flying high at the time), an article popped up slating anyone who doubted Clough as Derby had beaten Tranmere(?) heavily in the cup too and were looking good.

It was quite vicious, possibly as vicious as it could possibly be on t'interwebs, but I was named in the article, and took it on the chin, but the next game was where Brayford played centre mid and we got beaten by Brighton and went on a horrid run of something like 2 wins in 15 games.

I would like to gloat sometimes, not because I think we are by any means the finished article, but yeah because, every thing I thought I could see as a reason for change, was ridiculed, but then ultimately mentioned in the reasons for change by Sam Rush.

Thats right ridiculed is the word.

That's what we were ridiculed.

Sarcastic comments were frequent in the extreme.

Curtains..what you are doing is like you are swallowing something poisonous and expecting US to be sick from it!!

You wanted Cloughie out..you got that. You wanted success and an upturn in our fortunes...you got that.

Are you enjoying these new heady days? Its not coming across as though you are!

We are... And its making YOU feel bad that we are! Do you honestly think we are sitting here thinking " i hope McLaren fails"?

Nowt as queer as folk.

I think there are some fans who supported the man( Malone, some bloke on the other message board who wrote a cringeworthy song about him et al) in front of the club and they are there to be shot at. I think the logical argument many other pro clough fans put across was they bought into his long term strategy about building the club up utilising youth and providing solid foundations for the club to build on, I don't think they thought he walked on water but bought into his philosophy. Personally Im more impatient and would like to have seen a more aggressive strategy sooner.

One thing none of us can do is rewrite history and the debate will rage on as to whether we have benefitted from Leaving Clough in the role as long as we did or would we be in a better position as a club if we had done this sooner.

I was somewhere in between. Certain things were "bang on", other things were "not good enough", but the ultimate for me were the things that were easy to address/improve but ignored. For example, could Clough have approached Paul Simpson (or someone of similar professionalism) to be on the coaching staff? I'd have happily seen Clough clear out his coaching staff and remain at the helm with a new setup, cos I genuinely believe that could've been the difference as certain signs were there.

Curtains..what you are doing is like you are swallowing something poisonous and expecting US to be sick from it!!

You wanted Cloughie out..you got that. You wanted success and an upturn in our fortunes...you got that.

Are you enjoying these new heady days? Its not coming across as though you are!

We are... And its making YOU feel bad that we are! Do you honestly think we are sitting here thinking " i hope McLaren fails"?

Nowt as queer as folk.

Its like sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me.

But trust me they can.

Its like sticks and stones can break my bones but names can never hurt me. But trust me they can.

Well im sorry for you. Just enjoy our wins, whatever good times come our way.

If... Things were not to work out under McLaren then I for one wont be saying " should have kept Clough"! Its football mate. We are wrong about tons of stuff. All of us. Regularly.

Well im sorry for you. Just enjoy our wins, whatever good times come our way.

If... Things were not to work out under McLaren then I for one wont be saying " should have kept Clough"! Its football mate. We are wrong about tons of stuff. All of us. Regularly.

Of course you are right and Football fans are a fickle lot including myself and I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Don't feel sorry for me m8 I have broad shoulders .

In all of this I will concede one thing totally. I had not realised how apathetic I had become and accepting of mediocre results in the main under Nigel Clough.

Feels great to be excited about DCFC again.

Can't believe how good things could be if we win our next 2 home games this week. Never mind the play offs automatic promotion is a reachable goal.

I was somewhere in between. Certain things were "bang on", other things were "not good enough", but the ultimate for me were the things that were easy to address/improve but ignored. For example, could Clough have approached Paul Simpson (or someone of similar professionalism) to be on the coaching staff? I'd have happily seen Clough clear out his coaching staff and remain at the helm with a new setup, cos I genuinely believe that could've been the difference as certain signs were there.

Don't disagree with any of that. The pro Clough fans I know held similar views on his back room team and felt a change in that area would be beneficial and I personally had little faith in Garner, Taylor and Crosby.

I think it's time to move on from the gloating though I don't see what can be gained from it

Don't disagree with any of that. The pro Clough fans I know held similar views on his back room team and felt a change in that area would be beneficial and I personally had little faith in Garner, Taylor and Crosby.

I think it's time to move on from the gloating though I don't see what can be gained from it

I don't think I'm gloating I'm just saying Mac and Rush I felt initially had to defend themselves with talk of protests and managerial records etc and I don't think it was justified

Don't get the thread people are entitled to opinions.

I was suprised to see the hate john hartson got for giving his view that we wont reach the prem under steve; he as everyone is entitled to a view.

Archived