Richard Keogh

-JW-

Richard Keogh  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Buxton has the best distribution of any CB in the championship?!??! What am I reading.

Did you not see him hit it straight off the pitch twice trying to make a pass yesterday.

He's a decent defender but your getting a bit carried away.

Of the 30 or so passes he made yesterday, there were indeed two that did not find their intended target. Actually I can only remember one - early in the first half - but I will take your word for it.

The one I am thinking about, Keogh passed to Bucko and he played a first-timer to Forsyth who was moving towards Derby's line. However just as Bucko shaped to pass the ball, Forsyth started to run back towards the halfway line. Buxton's pass went to more or less where Forsyth had been a couple of seconds before.

In my opinion, Jake is more than a decent defender - he's a decent footballer.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the 30 or so passes he made yesterday, there were indeed two that did not find their intended target. Actually I can only remember one - early in the first half - but I will take your word for it.

The one I am thinking about, Keogh passed to Bucko and he played a first-timer to Forsyth who was moving towards Derby's line. However just as Bucko shaped to pass the ball, Forsyth started to run back towards the halfway line. Buxton's pass went to more or less where Forsyth had been a couple of seconds before.

In my opinion, Jake is more than a decent defender - he's a decent footballer.

I'm not saying he isn't his distribution has improved a lot over the last year or so. I remember him playing a pin point ball to ward over about 40 yards.

I think saying he has the best distribution in the championship is a step too far though. While he can play some great passes he does play some shockers too.

I'm not saying he isn't his distribution has improved a lot over the last year or so. I remember him playing a pin point ball to ward over about 40 yards.

I think saying he has the best distribution in the championship is a step too far though. While he can play some great passes he does play some shockers too.

2 out of 30.

I've seen Vertonghen, David Luiz etc make more missed passes than that in a game, and they're two of the best passing defenders in the world. 

The biggest thing that annoys me with Keogh is when he pings simple passes that make it hard for the receiving player to control, he makes a simple 10 yard pass stupidly difficult. Every pass he plays doesn't need to be driven at 100mph. Other than that he is improving. The worrying thing with him being captain is that you know it is very unlikely he will be dropped. Very similar to when Darryl Powell was captain, he ruined my viewing experience and general love of football while he was captain.

Statistically speaking Matthew Upson is comfortably the best passing centre back in the division.

Buxton isn't bad though, within the top 10/15 sort of range. (centre backs)

and there is only 2 Forest players with a better pass accuracy - and neither of them play anywhere near the amount of passes as our Bucko.

Admittedly there are 2 on the same % with a better pass average though.

i am coming to the conclusion Keogh is a bit of a tit and thinks himself a bit of a lad. having watched some of the ramsplayer stuff especially the 1st crossbar challenge where bennet pings it 1st time and walks off, keogh takes numerous attempts and wheels away doing airoplane celebration like hes the DBs.

even his celebrations are over the top when he does score or anyone else for that matter. his passing is ridiculous. always over powered and over exagerates every movement of his body to put curl on a 5 yard ball. usually takes too long on the ball as well. he's a try hard but not in a good way. besides martin hes got to be the biggest whinger in the team.

for me hes a loud mouth captain. not a born leader. for me barker and buckenbauer come across as proper leaders. older heads that like a laugh but know what leadership means. keogh seems like he just wants a laugh and to be out with the boys. when u see him interviewed next tu bucko the contrast is startling.

he cant marshall a back four for toffee, his heading is woefull, and looks clueless at crosses and corners then seems to moan at the nearest person when it all goes wrong. bucko is the better all round player and leader for me.

rant over..... for now.

i am coming to the conclusion Keogh is a bit of a tit and thinks himself a bit of a lad. having watched some of the ramsplayer stuff especially the 1st crossbar challenge where bennet pings it 1st time and walks off, keogh takes numerous attempts and wheels away doing airoplane celebration like hes the DBs.

even his celebrations are over the top when he does score or anyone else for that matter. his passing is ridiculous. always over powered and over exagerates every movement of his body to put curl on a 5 yard ball. usually takes too long on the ball as well. he's a try hard but not in a good way. besides martin hes got to be the biggest whinger in the team.

for me hes a loud mouth captain. not a born leader. for me barker and buckenbauer come across as proper leaders. older heads that like a laugh but know what leadership means. keogh seems like he just wants a laugh and to be out with the boys. when u see him interviewed next tu bucko the contrast is startling.

he cant marshall a back four for toffee, his heading is woefull, and looks clueless at crosses and corners then seems to moan at the nearest person when it all goes wrong. bucko is the better all round player and leader for me.

rant over..... for now.

Agree with most of this, except the last paragraph.

You say he's a bit of a loudmouth, I'd argue that that's one of the most important qualities to marshall a back four, especially when you've got two young full backs either side of him.

His heading is not woeful by any stretch of the imagination. Won everything against Wickham and Fryatt on Saturday and I'd even go so far as to say he's better in the air than Bucko (probably the only area I'd say he's better than Jake in).

All in all, I'd say Keogh and Bucko are roughly the same standard, the only difference being one is in superb form and the other is in terrible form (although he seems to be coming out of it now).

I will add as well that his recent spell of good form seems to coincide with the arrival of Wisdom.

I remember somebody on here coming up with a theory that his poor form was down to him having to cover/organise others (Freeman, Smith) as well as doing his own job. Perhaps now we have an extremely capable RB playing, he can concentrate on his own game and play as well as we know he can.

everyone seems to be forgetting how terrible wednesday are this year. thats the problem. he has been in bad form this year, granted, but i didn't rate him last year.

i disagree that being a loud mouth is the most important quality in martialling a back four. if that was the case then move over keogh cos i'm as loud mouthed as they come. no point in shouting with nowt to say. our poor record at corners, crosses and freekicks is by no means solely his fault but he is the on pitch organizer. he should know what everyone else is doing and be getting them to do it. and his heading is poor. maybe not woefull but its clear he doesn't get his head on it enough or get enough distance when he does. the ammount of times it drops to an oposition player 18/20 yards out is ridiculous.

more to the point i just don't think he is the right type of captain. especially not for a younger side. great for morale (if u get on with him) but to me not a leader like i said.

I will add as well that his recent spell of good form seems to coincide with the arrival of Wisdom.

I remember somebody on here coming up with a theory that his poor form was down to him having to cover/organise others (Freeman, Smith) as well as doing his own job. Perhaps now we have an extremely capable RB playing, he can concentrate on his own game and play as well as we know he can.

yup, let him concentrate on his own game. organization is not his forte. keep it simple for him.....

captain jake, captain jake, captain JAKE!!!

whos with me?

everyone seems to be forgetting how terrible wednesday are this year. thats the problem. he has been in bad form this year, granted, but i didn't rate him last year.

i disagree that being a loud mouth is the most important quality in martialling a back four. if that was the case then move over keogh cos i'm as loud mouthed as they come. no point in shouting with nowt to say. our poor record at corners, crosses and freekicks is by no means solely his fault but he is the on pitch organizer. he should know what everyone else is doing and be getting them to do it. and his heading is poor. maybe not woefull but its clear he doesn't get his head on it enough or get enough distance when he does. the ammount of times it drops to an oposition player 18/20 yards out is ridiculous.

more to the point i just don't think he is the right type of captain. especially not for a younger side. great for morale (if u get on with him) but to me not a leader like i said.

Have to agree to disagree then, especially on Keogh's heading ability. Up there with the best at the club in my opinion.

Don't be an arse, I've given my overall views on Keogh's inadequacies many times - I'm just saying he has previously shown the ability to be a threat, and that judging him as a lesser threat to the opposition at set pieces than Whitbread is a little misguided because we've not seen Whitbread over the course of 5 games, let alone 50+

The difference in his performances between Saturday's game & against the Gumps is like chalk & cheese.  Against the Red Dogs he looked like Claude Davis' honky twin, he was awful and I was glad he got sent off.  Whereas on Saturday he was composed, won his challenges and he kept his passing simple.  It was also nice to see him carrying it into midfield ala Mark Wright.  Of course he's nowhere near as elagant as Wright was but it was good to see.

If he continues in the same vain I've got no problem with him keeping his place.

He's looked better since McClaren came in and since Wisdom has been in the side. He seems a bit more focused on his game and is given a little less responsibility with playing the ball from deep, which seems to be shared a little more equally between him and Buckenbauer.

If he continues to improve then I think he'll do fine for us this season. Coming into his prime, the change of management and release of too much responsibility will be good for him.

If all the back 5 can cut out silly individual errors I don't think they're that bad, certainly some competition for places has helped, as Bucko suggested.

Archived