Richard Keogh

-JW-

Richard Keogh  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't be an arse, I've given my overall views on Keogh's inadequacies many times - I'm just saying he has previously shown the ability to be a threat, and that judging him as a lesser threat to the opposition at set pieces than Whitbread is a little misguided because we've not seen Whitbread over the course of 5 games, let alone 50+

ill be an arse as and when i feel the need to be an arse. u point the flaws in my opinion on the player and shall do the same to urs. thats a forum for u.

difference being i won't call u an arse.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill be an arse as and when i feel the need to be an arse. u point the flaws in my opinion on the player and shall do the same to urs. thats a forum for u.

difference being i won't call u an arse.

I'm not going to call you an arse, but it's worth pointing out that as for English grammar, punctuation and spelling - well, you rectum.

When I said 'don't be an arse' it was meant to be said with a smile. The pitfalls of written conversation and all that... I don't really think you're an arse.

I do still think it's a bit silly comparing the threat to an opposiion at set pieces, though, between a player who's made 2 and a bit appearances for us against one who's made 68 appearances for us.

Over Whitbread's whole career* he's scored 7 goals. Keogh scored 5 last season alone and has 18 altogether as well as being 2 years younger. I'd suggest that Keogh is a bigger threat to the opposition that Whitbread, regardless of what I think of his performances this season.

I like both players for diferent reasons. As a defender, I think Whitbread's overall record will be better, though certainly not in terms of games missed via injury.

*(not including international friendlies)

• 4 weeks later...

perhaps the standard of coaching has helped. That has been alluded to by Buxton in interview.

Dont doubt it, I think it's good to have new ideas, fresh pair of eyes etc.

I don't think there was anything necessarily wrong with the coaching set-up we had but I think it's just good practice to freshen that kind of thing up from time to time, probably a major part in Clough's undoing that he didn't really change this around to bring in new ideas.

Dont doubt it, I think it's good to have new ideas, fresh pair of eyes etc.

I don't think there was anything necessarily wrong with the coaching set-up we had but I think it's just good practice to freshen that kind of thing up from time to time, probably a major part in Clough's undoing that he didn't really change this around to bring in new ideas.

Defensively, I couldn't disagree more. Under Jewell and then Clough, we spent five years looking panicky, disorganised, last-ditch and basically uncomposed and reactive.

Defensively, I couldn't disagree more. Under Jewell and then Clough, we spent five years looking panicky, disorganised, last-ditch and basically uncomposed and reactive.

I take your point, defensively we never got it quite right under Nigel but I don't imagine that's solely down to coaching but I don't really know cos I haven't been in training with them so I'm just hypothesising.

Overall though I think it's too easy to say that Nigel's coaching set-up was bad because on the whole I don't imagine it was, we successfully managed the transition from some pretty awful football, to playing some nice stuff last season, especially at home, they players seem fitter than ever before and the academy coaching structure seems pretty spot on.

Maybe we were lacking a top defensive coach, maybe just someone with some new ideas but my point was that overall there's a negative view of the coaching set-up and I think that's probably just a bit too simplistic.

Still Keogh seems to have regained form, so whatever's happening it seems to be working, I ain't complaining!

Archived