Kallifa Cisse

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutts is not a defensive midfielder, neither is Hendrick.

Bailey and Eustace are our only options and for that reason I would be tempted to raid Sam's pockets if we're serious about promotion. 

What makes you think Coutts couldn't play that role? It isn't asking too much for a good midfielder to drop and take on the role. Hendrick isn't intelligent enough. (See jokes from players when asked about the daftest in the squad etc.).

What makes you think Coutts couldn't play that role? It isn't asking too much for a good midfielder to drop and take on the role. Hendrick isn't intelligent enough. (See jokes from players when asked about the daftest in the squad etc.).

He's an attack minded midfielder, asking him to play a position that isn't natural to him just to fill the gaps, same as when we shoved him out on the right. We need to stop thinking like Nigel Clough and buy/loan a natural CDM, Bailey has always been prone to the injury, Eustace can't play every game.

And we don't necessarily need some mega-expensive up and coming superstar. Eustace came to us as an old head with great experience. If the thought is that Eustace is what we need, we just need him to be fit enough for every game, so we want someone similar he can rotate with, then we could do a lot worse than to get some similar Championship journeyman to provide that rotation option.

Cant imagine there are any other players who started 1 game for Derby got MoM and then never started again.

Having said that probably the right decision.

I cant see Bailey being effective in the Eustace role. Eustace's strength is that he breaks up play. The defensive mid doesnt need to be an amazing passer as they are really there to get it and give it to Hughes and Bryson.

Cant imagine there are any other players who started 1 game for Derby got MoM and then never started again.

Having said that probably the right decision.

I cant see Bailey being effective in the Eustace role. Eustace's strength is that he breaks up play. The defensive mid doesnt need to be an amazing passer as they are really there to get it and give it to Hughes and Bryson.

Although if we did have a DM that could pass, we could delegate Hughes' job of picking up the ball from the back 6 to him, giving little Willy more freedom to find those holes! ;)

We just need to find a DM, who's experienced, a leader and who can pass who would fit our wage bill...

My only issue with this is that bailey wont perform the role as outlined, instead of doing the simple things will go for showboating passes to try and prove a point

That's a bit harsh and unfounded. Why does Bailey have a point to prove? If he does, what makes you think he won't prove his point by following his manager's instructions perfectly and proving his importance to the squad.

I hope in your career, you're not judged for something you might do.

"I don't think Observer should be promoted cos he'll probably steal the petty cash to prove a point"

That's a bit harsh and unfounded. Why does Bailey have a point to prove? If he does, what makes you think he won't prove his point by following his manager's instructions perfectly and proving his importance to the squad.

"I don't think Observer should be promoted cos he'll probably steal the petty cash to prove a point"

FFS its an opinion, dont go all paxman on me!!

My only issue is as above because he hasnt had game time for derby for a while he would feel he had something to prove, the same way shaun barker would feel he had something to prove if he came back, 

I am sure he would follow the managers but that split second between him deciding on going for the wonder pass or the simple pass would he be thinking this will cement my place in the team or will he be thinking this is what I was asked to do....

Again thats my harsh and unfounded opinion on what I would hope he doesnt do!

and where am I judging him, for something he might do

The post was writing in I hope he doesn't do this as appose to if he goes in he will do this

My only issue with this is that bailey wont perform the role as outlined, instead of doing the simple things will go for showboating passes to try and prove a point

and where am I judging him, for something he might do

The post was writing in I hope he doesn't do this as appose to if he goes in he will do this

fair enough Observer, you should know by now that I like to pull a leg now and then... revenge and all that..

Your first statement didn't read like you think you hope it didn't happen though... it was a statement, and it did read a little bit like Bailey had Joey Barton syndrome!

In recent weeks and especially the game against Leicester I realised that a new CDM should be our priority in the transfer window. Eustace has been brilliant for us so far this season and has plugged the gap between defence and midfield where a lot of our defensive problems lay last season.

However I believe when need a younger CDM that plays the Eustace role, someone like Liam Bridcutt would be perfect (I realise he is out of our price range though).

Bailey for me isn't a viable option for this role; while his passing may be strong, he is too lightweight to effectively play the defensive side of the position which is arguably more important. Hendrick also is not the right fit, his positioning looks 'iffy' and his tackling ability isn't as strong as it should be.

For me, if we sign a new CDM and cover for the full backs, we've got a promotion chasing squad.    :D

In recent weeks and especially the game against Leicester I realised that a new CDM should be our priority in the transfer window. Eustace has been brilliant for us so far this season and has plugged the gap between defence and midfield where a lot of our defensive problems lay last season.

However I believe when need a younger CDM that plays the Eustace role, someone like Liam Bridcutt would be perfect (I realise he is out of our price range though).

Bailey for me isn't a viable option for this role; while his passing may be strong, he is too lightweight to effectively play the defensive side of the position which is arguably more important. Hendrick also is not the right fit, his positioning looks 'iffy' and his tackling ability isn't as strong as it should be.

For me, if we sign a new CDM and cover for the full backs, we've got a promotion chasing squad. :D

This.

Like to see a bit of an athlete/beast in that CDM role, I bleeding hate that Austin who plays for Leeds, but someone in that mold would add a lot to a midfield which can get out-muscled.

Pace, strength, defensive awareness and stamina should be the criteria. 

*realises how much this post sounds like something from FIFA career mode and deletes it*

Coutts is not a defensive midfielder, neither is Hendrick.

Bailey and Eustace are our only options and for that reason I would be tempted to raid Sam's pockets if we're serious about promotion.

Coutts had one of his best games in a rams shirt there against Brighton earlier this season.

Archived