Kallifa Cisse

North_Stand_Ram

If schteve wants to carry on playing 4-3-3 how do we fit Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, eustace/ cisse all in 1 side? I like us using a defensive midfielder so either eustace or cisse will play each game. That leaves 2 spots for 3 top players. Hughes even if sold will most likely stay for the season so what do we do?

It's a great problem to have but wouldn't leave people like Hendrick or Bryson on the bench too long as they may want to move on. And what happens now Russell is nearing fitness? Dawkins has looked fairly impressive and think he will improve with games. Ward is fairly safe as his can be a match winner when he wants.

Haven't been this excited about our squad for ages! Just hope Stevie Mac gets it right

We look like there's genuine competition. Eustace/Cisse (Cork?) competing for the holding role, Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick rotating for the attacking midfield roles. Ward, Dawkins, Russell, and Bennett wide, and Martin up top with Sammon pushing him for the shirt. Steady really.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should be alright for Saturday though surely if it's just an infection of a toe? Eustace back anyway though.

Thus spake someone who has never had an infection in a toe.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a funny 'un because the one game he played he really impressed. Maybe the Hendrick thing was about getting him 45 minutes when we were confident of the win 1 up vs 10 men?

I accept Eustace has the know how and experience and all that, but he gets booked every week and he's not the most mobile. I reckon we'll see Cisse again before Jan.

If Sam gives Macca the chance to bring one player in, maybe that would be the position in Jan?

I don't think he ever had a future at the club, signed for the short-term to help us out until Jeff etc get back from injury. Cisse will leave in Jan.

I love Hendrick but he was woeful tonight! I wouldn't have him in the squad Saturday I don't think, the lads just not ready by the looks of it. Looked a bit lost at Wigan as well

Archived