Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve McClaren in the right circumstances has proved himself very well, in the wrong circumstances he has come unstuck, and has failed, or 'under-performed' if you like.

I just think we're a 'wrong circumstances' kind of club, much like what I said Forest were when he took over. It's not always about the best manager for the job, but the right manager for the job. 

If he comes in I will support him obviously, and as soon as a person walks through the door then it's a fresh start regardless of what's happened before! he could have the worst record in the world, come here and be good. Managers reputation seem to fluctuate incredibly. 

Steve McClaren in the right circumstances has proved himself very well, in the wrong circumstances he has come unstuck, and has failed, or 'under-performed' if you like.

I just think we're a 'wrong circumstances' kind of club, much like what I said Forest were when he took over. It's not always about the best manager for the job, but the right manager for the job. 

If he comes in I will support him obviously, and as soon as a person walks through the door then it's a fresh start regardless of what's happened before! he could have the worst record in the world, come here and be good. Managers reputation seem to fluctuate incredibly. 

One successful job. Out of 6. Not exactly a glittering track record.

And to be fair, how many clubs looking for managers are generally offering employment in "the right circumstances".

I'm not particularly a fan of say, Tony Pulis. But I could see how he could potentially be successful here. Ditto Neil Warnock. I can see literally no way Schteve will be a success at Derby. No way at all.

Jesus, are the board trying to piss off the fan base? McLaren is a failure in English football which is why the only job he can get in this country is as a coach outside the Prem - no one else is stupid enough to put him in charge. I am really ******* fed up of these Yanks and their puppet Rush. I was quite excited about who we might go for, Pulis aside, but we're trying for mediocrity again - well done GSE.

The guy's a great coach, you can't deny that. The only gripe I have with him is that he makes god-awful transfers, like really bad ones. If we do bring in a DOF who takes over that part of running the club, I'm cool with this appointment. I'll give him a chance either way.

One successful job. Out of 6. Not exactly a glittering track record.

And to be fair, how many clubs looking for managers are generally offering employment in "the right circumstances".

I'm not particularly a fan of say, Tony Pulis. But I could see how he could potentially be successful here. Ditto Neil Warnock. I can see literally no way Schteve will be a success at Derby. No way at all.

I can see it but only with a great deal of support (I don't mean fan support). I think it's pretty much fact that he's a top coach.

I hated the idea of McClaren. I'm not exactly thrilled even with this restructuring. But it does give me more hope.

I want to see even his mother checking up on him.

I don't want him running the show.

I'll support whoever comes though. Just not as patiently. Football has no romance. It died for me yesterday.

Archived