Steve McClaren

Day

Steve McClaren famously had an umbrella stood in the rain when england failed to qualify for the euros.

".dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/wallyDM2111_468x819" alt="wallyDM2111_468x819">

Fookin ell yeah I remember that now.

Cheers mate.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not be surprised if he turns us down and stops with QPR.

1 can but hope ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        If the WOLLEY WITH THE BROLLEY is to take over and it does appear pretty imminent   1/20  now  ....  I think to a man , lady , children ,   our vocal opinions  should ECHO through out PP on Tuesday night   v Ipswich  .. that we simply don't want this idiot  , Irrespective if where 3/4/5 - 0  up  ..our vocal  opinions  must be voiced ...   !!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't do well at Forest because he was working with **** like Greening and Miller. Here he's got Will Hughes and co, I'm confident it's going to be better working with them. Often the only thing holding us back was Clough's tactical incompetence, we're now looking to employ a very tactically competent Head Coach.

Didn't he sign greening and miller?

Interesting the people who were so loyal to the previous manager aren't giving the new setup a chance even though they haven't been announced yet.

I was solidly behind Clough and will back who ever they put in charge. Hell.....I'll even support Donald Duck if he's given the job.

It doesn't mean we cannot question the decision of the board to be bringing in somebody who most clubs wouldn't touch with a bargepole for their head coach/manager (whatever the hell you like to call it).

1 can but hope ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        If the WOLLEY WITH THE BROLLEY is to take over and it does appear pretty imminent   1/20  now  ....  I think to a man , lady , children ,   our vocal opinions  should ECHO through out PP on Tuesday night   v Ipswich  .. that we simply don't want this idiot  , Irrespective if where 3/4/5 - 0  up  ..our vocal  opinions  must be voiced ...   !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop wasting your time.

A concerted effort to influence Sam Longson 40 years ago was insufficient to persuade him to swallow his pride and re-appoint Clough Senior, a man who just 2 years before had managed Derby County to the league championship and taken us to the semi-final of the European Cup. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that you would get any serious support for your campaign - no matter how badly you mis-spell 'Wally'.

I get it, you're trying to show how 'mad' you are by typing in 'mad' text sizes and fonts. You've made your point, can you stop it now please? :p

This would be a thoroughly ridiculous appointment.

At Middlesbrough he had a huge amount of money but was berated for a "dull" playing style.

The shortest tenure of any England manager in history. So poor was his time he is still the laughing stock of the country.

Went to FC Twente and did a great job.

Went to Wolfsburg and was sacked.

Went to Forest and was sacked after collecting 8 points from 10 games.

Went back to Twente and was sacked.

Someone mentioned earlier that he had a great CV. 

Are you deluded? Just what part of the above makes for a great CV?

We would seriously become the laughing stock of the country once more just around the time we are finally shaking off the stigma of 'that' premiership failure.

At Boro didnt he also win he league cup and take them to the UEFA cup final and also set up the academy that produced Downing, Adam Johnson, Cattermole, Danny Graham, Turnbull, Weater and many other?

Stop wasting your time.

A concerted effort to influence Sam Longson 40 years ago was insufficient to persuade him to swallow his pride and re-appoint Clough Senior, a man who just 2 years before had managed Derby County to the league championship and taken us to the semi-final of the European Cup. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that you would get any serious support for your campaign - no matter how badly you mis-spell 'Wally'.

just voicing my opinions ..as I thought this forum is freedom of speech ...irrespective of how wally is spelt ...  yes can remember the lack lustre attempt to get sam longson to change his mind pertaining Brian Clough ..in the 2 - 1 home win against Leicester ..but anything is worth a try ..because  deep down no one wants WALLY as new manager  

Archived