Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just not convinced.

Convince me then.

I'm not sure either tbh, part of me thinks he could be good and look at his success at Boro, Twente and he was England manager but I then remember that he failed to qualify for the Euros, didn't do very well at wolfsberg or Twente second time round and struggled at forest. But then again he helped fergie win the treble at utd, helped TBE here and was Svens assistant for England and start to get dizzy from going round in circles and from yesterdays beer and start feeling sick :lol: so it is anybody's guess on how he will do (if he does become manager) not easy to predict, as with any manager at any club.

If this sycophantic, pathetic laughing stock gets the job, we really will have jumped out the frying pan into the fire.

He's abysmal. Saved from the sack at Boro only because of a flukey UEFA Cup run, an unmitigated disaster in charge of England, Forest, Wolfsburg & Twente (second time). His ONLY successful spell was the title with Twente & even that was building on the previous good work of Co Adriaanse.

I remember his hilarious attempts to ingratiate himself with the Forest lot by slagging us off. Do one Schteve.

Source?

just saying what has been said on here and what BBC are reporting.

plus Sam Rush has just said that DC are looking for a director of football with a head coach. McClaren would be the head coach for me.

its looking like Derby are trying copy the Watford management structure for me.

Very disappointed by this, judging by the betting it looks nailed on. As short as 1/5 with one bookie and now all the others at 10/1+. Problem is he has no recent track record of any success at all as a manager since a good few years ago, has he moved with the times football wise?

Has also often been criticised by his own fans for unimaginative and dull football.

Plus Forest fans will completely ridicule us if he is a failure, will make us a complete laughing stock if it doesnt work!

True that Derby went downhill during the Smith era but mainly cos the team was broken up and rebuilt too early really with inferior replacements, not sure how much influence McClaren had in the buys that originally took Derby up and whether him leaving had any relation to the slide, probably they missed his coaching for sure but not necessarily making him the right man to be a manager.

Also they say never go back as it often doesnt work but obviously if it happens will have to hope he comes back to form, as lately he hasn't been any better than Paul Jewell at his recent clubs!

Who cares what Forest fans think?

Is the sum total of the boards extensive exercise into getting a new manager, choosing someone whom used to be our coach and managed the team 12 miles up the road? Great effort lads nice to see youve scoured the globe for Cloughs successor

I told you that you should be careful what you wish for.

Quote from West London Sport

"Steve McClaren looks set to hold talks with Derby over the vacant manager’s job at Pride Park.

The former England boss, who joined QPR’s coaching team on a short-term basis during the summer, is a strong contender to replace Nigel Clough.

Former Stoke manager Tony Pulis has also been linked with the position.

McClaren, 52, has played a vital part in Rangers’ excellent start to their Championship campaign following the club’s relegation last season.

With manager Harry Redknapp having undergone knee surgery, he had a key role on the training pitch during the all-important pre-season period in which the R’s squad was revamped.

Redknapp, who continues to be hampered by the injury, has told McClaren he would like him to stay at Loftus Road until the end of the season and assess his future then.

Clough was sacked by the Rams on Saturday following a defeat against East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest.

McClaren spent three years as a player at Derby and coached at the club before working as Sir Alex Ferguson’s assistant at Manchester United.

Since managing Middlesbrough and then England he has had spells in charge at FC Twente, Wolfsburg and Forest.

He has also been touted as a possible contender for the vacant manager’s job at Sunderland".

Well they should have waited a while to make that guess. That way they would have found out that we're no longer a club that employs managers.

Archived