Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it but only with a great deal of support (I don't mean fan support). I think it's pretty much fact that he's a top coach.

I hated the idea of McClaren. I'm not exactly thrilled even with this restructuring. But it does give me more hope.

I want to see even his mother checking up on him.

I don't want him running the show.

I'll support whoever comes though. Just not as patiently. Football has no romance. It died for me yesterday.

Fair enough. I just can't.

He's also a guy that is used to large squads & large transfer funds. And he'll get no time from a fanbase who wouldn't want him even if he hadn't made such a laughably poor impression over the Trent. Its a car crash in the making.

There are managers (coaches) out there that would impress me if appointed & who I would be patient with. Just not this guy. Can't wait to play the sideshowbob role from now on...

What had Jim Smith ever achieved before turning Derby into pure class?

Oxford from Division 3 to Division 1. Promoted Birmingham to top level.

I heard on five live on my way to church tonight (1930) that we are all but certain to have signed SMc before the Ipswich match.

My first reaction was "Oh, no!" although I am not sufficiently informed to explain why.

I will try to be positive about whoever takes the job. 

At the previous low point in Derby's history (oct 1973) we bounced back to a second league Championship win.

I'll settle for that.

OMG please no to this :(

Unbelievable that just because he has some connection with the rams that would make him a good manager ??!!?!?

The man is a joke ! A good coach yes but an absolute failure as a manager !

I suppose one good thing is that he will walk away pretty quickly when it goes wrong..

I heard on five live on my way to church tonight (1930) that we are all but certain to have signed SMc before the Ipswich match.

My first reaction was "Oh, no!" although I am not sufficiently informed to explain why.

I will try to be positive about whoever takes the job. 

At the previous low point in Derby's history (oct 1973) we bounced back to a second league Championship win.

I'll settle for that.

With an ex player in charge also.

My problem with McClaren is that for each admirable achievement, there's a spectacular failure to match.

England. Forest. FC Twente round 2. Wolfsburg. 

So what you're saying is that he's long due an admirable achievement? Awesome!

#tryingtobepositive

Some are worrying far too much about what Forest think. If the new route is a head coach (McLaren) under a DOF (Transfers) then I think this is interesting and could work. As I have already said I was and am one of Nigel's greatest admirers but he now has gone. 

The thing is, though, it's not 'head' coach he's good at, it's assistant/first team coach ie not the bloke setting the tactics / gameplan / approach to games and not the one doing the motivating, team talks etc. McLaren under instruction is fine. McLaren making the instructions has struggled.

#nottryingtobepositive

From The Torygraph. Should be interesting to see how long he lasts with Rush's fat purse then...

"McClaren’s last managerial role in  English football was ironically at East Midlands rivals Forest but he lasted just 112 days after resigning following a row over a lack of financial ­backing.

Clough is understood to be furious with his dismissal as he was working with one of the smallest budgets in the division."

Archived