Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asking does anybody know whether the 15% of Huddlestone is still active or did the club buy it out as Stoke,Liverpool and Fulham have been recently linked with him for the summer.

We removed the sell on clauses as payment for the loan of Mounir El Hamdoui.

I hear we made the modern game,

Created it, but just the same.

Nowhere but football could the laws

Apply like this,...the sell-on clause???

I sell a car, good price, to you

But say that if you sell it too

And make a profit you must pay

some more to me? You'd say "No way!"*

*(or words to that effect!) :ph34r:

http://www.derbycountyblog.com/will-hughes-a-conspiracy-theory/

What do you think? Hughes being kept out on purpose cos a deal in the summer is already lined up?

OR (here's a wrinkle on this theory) he's being kept out because we've decided we want him to be a Derby player next season? Keep him wrapped up nicely in a cupboard in the back somewhere and hope that everyone forgets about him?

Am I the only one who secretly hopes that conspiracy theory is true?

The kid is 17 and has bags of promise, but he's hardly the rock on which we build our team. If we keep him a couple more seasons then the chances are he may never fulfill his potential because he'll be swamped by the mediocrity of the division in general, and by Derby's lack of ambition.

The trick is to sell when he's at the peak of his value, and right now feels good to me. The only way he'll increase in value in the short term is if he suddenly finds himself in a team full of quality which allows him to really excel. As we saw from the post xmas period, his performances started to dip and the last thing we want is for the big clubs to start having doubts about him

We cash in on him for £10m now and that money could finally allow us to plug the gaping holes in our squad with some decent quality experienced players.

Am I the only one who secretly hopes that conspiracy theory is true?

The kid is 17 and has bags of promise, but he's hardly the rock on which we build our team. If we keep him a couple more seasons then the chances are he may never fulfill his potential because he'll be swamped by the mediocrity of the division in general, and by Derby's lack of ambition.

The trick is to sell when he's at the peak of his value, and right now feels good to me. The only way he'll increase in value in the short term is if he suddenly finds himself in a team full of quality which allows him to really excel. As we saw from the post xmas period, his performances started to dip and the last thing we want is for the big clubs to start having doubts about him

We cash in on him for £10m now and that money could finally allow us to plug the gaping holes in our squad with some decent quality experienced players.

when is the u21 euro tournament? If he features in that, that could raise his value even more.

• 2 weeks later...

On a serious note if a big team came in what bid would you accept?

3 million

5 million

8 million

10 million

Add ons?

Sell On percentage

Top division appearances

First picks on a loan move

An official loan back as part of the deal

England appearances clause

I think 6 million up front, with a sell on clause of 20%, a loan back for the 13/14 season and England appearance trigger. 

On a serious note if a big team came in what bid would you accept?

3 million

5 million

8 million

10 million

Add ons?

Sell On percentage

Top division appearances

First picks on a loan move

An official loan back as part of the deal

England appearances clause

I think 6 million up front, with a sell on clause of 20%, a loan back for the 13/14 season and England appearance trigger. 

Depends if all the money we get will go back into the team.

If not, then I wouldn't sell him.

Archived