Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

Disagree with this, I think Wilshere is class and will go on to be a star fir his country although I agree about his lack of discipline.

Watching the Arsenal match and listening to the after match commentary it sounds like the Arsenal fans don't like Ramsay, although I thought he had a good game the other night.

Spot on with Zaha, for my money though he won't do anything at Premier League or international level.

Still too early to decide on Hughes, I guess we'll know more when he gets to play at a higher level.

I still appreciate what Wilshere does, every time I watch him he does something that makes me want to like him. He's a real cut above anything England have as a player.

Then he has so many mad 5 minute spells where he loses the plot and I get frustrated with him again.

I don't like to see great players doing stupid things. He is pure class with the ball.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote 'We were grooming him to sell him from the moment he set foot on the pitch at Peteborough. That might sound harsh but I think our whole clubs ethos and vision is around producing talent good enough to sell on.'

Call me daft but I think that we picked him because he was good enough for the first team and he could make a difference!

If the ethos of the current owners is to develop young talent purely to sell can you give me a previous example to support that claim?

Brayford was offered a new contract, which he turned down, whilst Barnes was, and still is, knackered.

As far as Will is concerned there comes a point when an offer is just too good to sensibly turn down, the club have made it clear that in his case any offer will have to very seriously high. I have no doubt that Will Hughes will only leave Derby if the bid is very, substantial and in the best interests of the club.

We have turned down offers in the past and lived to regret it, Dean Strurridge being a prime example. There is no guarantee that Hughes will continue to improve, last a full season or stay clear of serious injury and those things have to be factored in.

I am hoping we decide to reject any and all offers this transfer window and January. Come the end of the season, we make the play offs and get promoted. The club and Will discuss how he wants to stay and have a crack at the PL with us, if for only one season, whether that be as an official DC player or on a season long loan back to us. 

After all PL clubs will have more money to spend next summer (allot more) than they have now. 

Derby want £15m for Will Hughes; Chelsea, Willian agree termsDerby County have reportedly informed Liverpool a deal for Will Hughes will cost at least £15 million, The Mirror understands.Hughes, 18, emerged as a transfer target for the Reds earlier this week, with reports suggesting the Merseysiders had lodged bids of £6 million and £10 million for the highly-rated teenager.However, Derby manager Nigel Clough has rubbished the aforementioned speculation, insisting the Rams have yet to receive a formal offer for Hughes.“There’s obviously speculation about Will Hughes flying around but we have had no bids or contact from anyone. Nothing has changed,” said Clough.“I cannot predict what is going to happen but I do not see it changing. I think it will be pretty much as we are when the window closes, unless there is somebody sitting there with an awful lot of money burning a hole in their pocket.“If somebody comes in through the front door and makes an official enquiry or bid, we will have to react to it. But we are not in a situation where we have to do anything, which is lovely.”The England Under-21 international, one of the top prospects in English football, is viewed as the potential long-term replacement for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard at Anfield.Now then, when asked about the rumoured £6 million, Clough chortled and then said: ”Nobody knows what we want or what the fee is going to be because we have not got a specific valuation in mind.“Would it be more than £6 million? Yes, I think it is fair to say that. We just think it is going to be a very, very substantial figure to tempt him away.”According to Tom Hopkinson of the Sunday People, Derby have now informed Liverpool they will accept a £15 million-plus offer for Hughes. Overvalued.But Liverpool, who infamously paid a combined £55 million for Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing in 2011, can surely work out a reasonable fee for the 18-year-old starlet. Perhaps an even £20 million.

http://www.soccernews.com/derby-want-15m-for-will-hughes-chelsea-willian-agree-terms/126451/

we will only sell hughes at the final day of the transfer window and last minute so the board wont have to spend any of the money and clough wont have the time to buy someone else

that's a bit of a harsh prediction and quite damning on the board. What are you basing your prediction on?

Archived