Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough said on RD this morning that we hadnt even had a bid for him, so where the figures come from Im not sure.

He may not have had a 'bid'..... but there may have been preliminary talks about availability and what it might cost to pry him away  :o

Jordan Henderson 20 million

Joe Allen 15 million

Fabio Borini 10 million

Simon Mignolet 9 million

Andy Carroll 30 million

Charlie Adam 7 million

Anything under ten million from Liverpool is laughable when they've spent this amount on players over the course of the years. I'd be happy with 12, but I've seen figures of 6, which if I was Rush I'd tell them to fack off.

If we got £10m and kept Hughes for the season I'd take it. Agree with Alpha about him being a player you look forward to seeing and would be sad to see him go but it's a great move for him and the lads career has to come first. My concern would be how much of the £10m we'd invest in players and who we'd bring in.

Will Hughes trending on Twitter this morning, related search is Will Hughes Racist......turns out because he follows the EDL on Twitter young William is a racist and some Liverpool fans don't want him anywhere near their club. I had to laugh :lol:

I would snap there hands off at 10m, get him for a season, imagine there would be sell on clauses, so come to think of it, if he moves on for say double the 10m we get from Liverpool, it would be like getting 14/15m depending on sell on clause percentage. If you catch my drift.

I would snap there hands off at 10m, get him for a season, imagine there would be sell on clauses, so come to think of it, if he moves on for say double the 10m we get from Liverpool, it would be like getting 14/15m depending on sell on clause percentage. If you catch my drift.

Ive never seen a sell on clause of 25% and dont they only relate to the difference between price paid and price sold not just price sold 

so say it was 15% and he was sold for 20 bought for 10 meaning we get the extra 1.5 total sale price if liverpool every sold him 11.5

DET this morning has Nigel saying he think Hughes will stay... and £6m is not enough...

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Nigel-Clough-thinks-Hughes-stay-Derby-County/story-19688754-detail/story.html

Whatever he says now means nothing the moment a bid comes in, and there's still plenty of time for that to happen. Everyone knows that activity intensifies in the last week of the window. At this moment I'm sure Nigel thinks he will stay - the moment, Liverpool or anyone else comes in with an offer the whole thing changes. Six mill might be enough if its up front and with add ons. 

If NC is still saying the same the night before the transfer window closes then it'll mean something.

Had a good read of RAWK this aft..think it's fair to say the conversation re Hughes has turned back to his football and their hopes that he will move, some posters not even mentioned the Twitter debacle- £10 mill price tag being bandied about anorl. The fans really rate him and want him there.

Had a good read of RAWK this aft..think it's fair to say the conversation re Hughes has turned back to his football and their hopes that he will move, some posters not even mentioned the Twitter debacle- £10 mill price tag being bandied about anorl. The fans really rate him and want him there.

RAWK! Most of them have probably never even seen Will play, they love signing players but discard most of them pretty quickly, even if they cost a fortune like Andy Carroll. Nigel Clough himself is a perfect example.

It wouldn't be a great move for the lad to go there. The weight of history and 23 years without a title creates a lot of pressure for any player that goes there, many with more experience than Will have suffered.

What's wrong with putting Hughes in the shop window? Get all the money we can for him and strengthen the squad. Look at Southampton they let a few good players go at the right time and now they're in the Premiership. If we go up the current owner might sell us, I hope so! But for now we need to build and if the only we can do it is to sell and rebuild we should do it. To be fair to Nigel and Rush they seem to be doing ok with transfers. We got Russell for a good price didn't we?

Archived