Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

What's wrong with putting Hughes in the shop window? Get all the money we can for him and strengthen the squad. Look at Southampton they let a few good players go at the right time and now they're in the Premiership. If we go up the current owner might sell us, I hope so! But for now we need to build and if the only we can do it is to sell and rebuild we should do it. To be fair to Nigel and Rush they seem to be doing ok with transfers. We got Russell for a good price didn't we?

He's got three years in the contract, so why the rush to sell him with only one week and a few days left in the window, anyone who buy as a replacement will be panic buys.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest i enjoy going to Pride Park just because he is in the side.

However i would enjoy going to Pride Park to watch Robin Van Persie and David Silva much more so what's the best route.

Selling Will? Who knows we will (pardon the pun) never know until he is sold so lets just wait and see. Below 8 million and i will be disappointed. 

Another vid made on him again:

http://youtu.be/syyFl_qU6s8

that's another great vid.

Keep it quiet lads but I reckon we've got a good un here.

I could watch that vid and the leeds one ALL DAY LONG over and over and over.

He;s better than Wilshere, he's better than Ramsey was. he's better than Zaha (but different). 

We've just got to accept that at some point he's going, and we'll probably not see another player with his vision for a long while. but at every point after that we'll be associated with producing one of the best english talents over the last 15-20 years.

He's going to the very top of the tree.

I hope our mexican friend comes back soon, I think even he would be purring over that vid.

He;s better than Wilshere, he's better than Ramsey was. he's better than Zaha (but different). 

He is an emerging talent yes with great potential, but even with the best DCFC blinkers on, he is not

Wilshire make his debut at 16, youngest player for Arsenal, also went on to play in CL that year.

He is an fantastic talent, one that at only 21 will make it to the highest level, and if Hughes emulates anywhere near his talent the future will be bright for England.  

Personally as much as I would like to see a big transfer fee incoming, I think it would be ridiculous to sell him now unless it is with a season long loan agreed.

Of course we could already have replacements lined up but how much would their prices be inflated once the selling club knew we had just sold Hughes for £x million.

I would much rather agree a deal for the end of the season and use money to strengthen the squad in January.

Lets not get off the subject here lads,

Regardless whether he does or he doesnt support the EDL. That's his views and they shouldn't be questioned by us as we clearly don't know him personally.

10m would be a good price; possibly loan him back after for the game time.

It's a win win as we either keep him or we get the money.

If he stayed another season it may affect his value either way, we will wait and see! I personally think that we will receive a 6m desperation bid on deadline day that we will reject and he will stay.

Personally as much as I would like to see a big transfer fee incoming, I think it would be ridiculous to sell him now unless it is with a season long loan agreed.

Of course we could already have replacements lined up but how much would their prices be inflated once the selling club knew we had just sold Hughes for £x million.

I would much rather agree a deal for the end of the season and use money to strengthen the squad in January.

Every single time there has been speculation, we've been clear that if he's going, he's coming straight back to us on a season long loan. That, I would imagine would be one of the clauses that we insisted on.

I think you can all see that I love Will to bits from the comments I'm making on his talent BUT...

He's got to go, that's the reality of it, he's got to go, the board, the manager, hell even Wassall understand he's got to go to show that the system has worked, we've promoted him to the first team early, probably hoping beyond hope that he flourishes as much as he has. We were grooming him to sell him from the moment he set foot on the pitch at Peteborough. That might sound harsh but I think our whole clubs ethos and vision is around producing talent good enough to sell on.

I think, with the quality we've got in the squad right now, we should look to cash in now, it's such a win win for us if we get to keep him for the season AND spend 3,4 or maybe even 5 million on a couple of proper marquis signings.

10 million is a huge chunk of cash, it's probably on a par with our entire squad budget.

Sell him for 10, longingly enjoy watching him this season, with a large amount of regret that he's leaving us and then hopefully with that kind of cash the "happy with the squad" statement may well get tested. We could do some real damage with that kind of transfer war chest.

I just hope wherever he goes next season he gets the same amount of playing time.

Every single time there has been speculation, we've been clear that if he's going, he's coming straight back to us on a season long loan. That, I would imagine would be one of the clauses that we insisted on.

I think you can all see that I love Will to bits from the comments I'm making on his talent BUT...

He's got to go, that's the reality of it, he's got to go, the board, the manager, hell even Wassall understand he's got to go to show that the system has worked, we've promoted him to the first team early, probably hoping beyond hope that he flourishes as much as he has. We were grooming him to sell him from the moment he set foot on the pitch at Peteborough. That might sound harsh but I think our whole clubs ethos and vision is around producing talent good enough to sell on.

I think, with the quality we've got in the squad right now, we should look to cash in now, it's such a win win for us if we get to keep him for the season AND spend 3,4 or maybe even 5 million on a couple of proper marquis signings.

10 million is a huge chunk of cash, it's probably on a par with our entire squad budget.

Sell him for 10, longingly enjoy watching him this season, with a large amount of regret that he's leaving us and then hopefully with that kind of cash the "happy with the squad" statement may well get tested. We could do some real damage with that kind of transfer war chest.

I just hope wherever he goes next season he gets the same amount of playing time.

I think if it is Liverpool that are in for him they wouldn't want to send him back on loan.

Agree with everything else that you have written.

Makes us such an attractive to option to other young footballers too.

He is an emerging talent yes with great potential, but even with the best DCFC blinkers on, he is not

:) - I was being a little bit bias perhaps but......

Depends what you look for in a player.

I've just watched Hughes play a ball from his own half for Bryson to run onto (on the left wing before getting clipped). You don't see players capable of playing that type of inch perfect, weighted through ball. He passes a ball through a crowd of players with such fizz it's not true. I've lost count of how many times I've caught myself saying "what a ball" and it doesn't always have to be a 30 yard through ball either, when he's sharp, he makes his passes look effortless. He's really lovely to watch.

I've never really liked Wiishere - it clouds my judgement, I don't know why but I think he's going to waste his career, just a feeling I've got. I don't think he's disciplined enough, every time he plays he looks like he's trying too hard to live up to the Arsenal saviour tag and that he's a ticking time bomb who will have serious on field disciplinary problems.

Ramsey - was superb and does some sublime stuff still - but WIll is better now than he was at 17, in my humble opinion.

Zaha is a totally different beast, he does stuff no-one can do but he's very much an individualist, he causes teams problems by being explosive and unpredictable. He could still go either way in my opinion, there are times I've watched him fall over his own feet, times when you wouldnt' think he had any tsalent whatsoever, then suddenly from nowhere he beat 63 players and rolls one in.....

I'm not doubting the lad has real edge and real talent but i am doubting how far that will take him. Will he cut it at United?

Will Hughes will cut it wherever he ends up.

:) - I was being a little bit bias perhaps but......

Depends what you look for in a player.

I've just watched Hughes play a ball from his own half for Bryson to run onto (on the left wing before getting clipped). You don't see players capable of playing that type of inch perfect, weighted through ball. He passes a ball through a crowd of players with such fizz it's not true. I've lost count of how many times I've caught myself saying "what a ball" and it doesn't always have to be a 30 yard through ball either, when he's sharp, he makes his passes look effortless. He's really lovely to watch.

I've never really liked Wiishere - it clouds my judgement, I don't know why but I think he's going to waste his career, just a feeling I've got. I don't think he's disciplined enough, every time he plays he looks like he's trying too hard to live up to the Arsenal saviour tag and that he's a ticking time bomb who will have serious on field disciplinary problems.

Ramsey - was superb and does some sublime stuff still - but WIll is better now than he was at 17, in my humble opinion.

Zaha is a totally different beast, he does stuff no-one can do but he's very much an individualist, he causes teams problems by being explosive and unpredictable. He could still go either way in my opinion, there are times I've watched him fall over his own feet, times when you wouldnt' think he had any tsalent whatsoever, then suddenly from nowhere he beat 63 players and rolls one in.....

I'm not doubting the lad has real edge and real talent but i am doubting how far that will take him. Will he cut it at United?

Will Hughes will cut it wherever he ends up.

Disagree with this, I think Wilshere is class and will go on to be a star fir his country although I agree about his lack of discipline.

Watching the Arsenal match and listening to the after match commentary it sounds like the Arsenal fans don't like Ramsay, although I thought he had a good game the other night.

Spot on with Zaha, for my money though he won't do anything at Premier League or international level.

Still too early to decide on Hughes, I guess we'll know more when he gets to play at a higher level.

Archived