Buxton is not a top 6 centre back

ariotofmyown

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got his big move from Ipswich and at that point people were looking at him to be an integral figure in the future England set up, has he ever been called up? 

The fact he hasn't got a club yet tells me that he isn't interested in a championship club though, and waiting on a last minute premier league move.

Would you say that Bramble is 'hedging' is bets regarding finding a Premier League club?

He definitely is a footballer, not a bad one either. Especially where he's come from and how he's adapted and improved.

Had an awful day at the office today, no defending him there. To say how bad he is against raw pace face to face its surprising how little he actually gets done that way.

I think he'd be a good squad player for us, maybe even a bit better with some serious competition up his arse. The thing that I like about Bucko is his performance level, it's quite rare he lets the whole team down because he knows he can't afford to. He's been brilliant for us these past few years and I wouldn't have a problem with him sticking around, I just think if we want to push on we need better. Natural progression for this team, Bucko's gone as far as he can as a footballer which was very useful to us in the past, time to push on now though and improve.

Buxton is not a top 6 Championship centre back. Is Keogh? Yes probably.

Is Freeman a top 6 right back? Maybe, he's still young. Is Smith? Yes probably.

Is Forsyth a top 6 left back? Not sure.

The clear certain point, if we want to make progress, is we need to replace Buxton. And maybe get some serious competition for Forsyth too.

Forsyth is not even a left back.

We signed him on loan as a midfielder, were forced to play him as a LB due to suspension and a paper thin squad. Admittedly he did ok but then we sign him as our first choice / only first team LB.

I feel for the lad, he is playing out of position and not doing it well. Even the Brentford reserve player was doing well against him.

Buxton is not a top 6 Championship centre back. Is Keogh? Yes probably.

Is Freeman a top 6 right back? Maybe, he's still young. Is Smith? Yes probably.

The clear certain point, if we want to make progress, is we need to replace Buxton. And maybe get some serious competition for Forsyth too.

Totally 100% agree, with smith in and buxton placed on the bench with a new shackell/barker like cb we will have a top 6 defence

Totally 100% agree, with smith in and buxton placed on the bench with a new shackell/barker like cb we will have a top 6 defence

Disagree - their first goal out midfield went missing leaving their striker to run. Keogh went walkabout leaving Buxton exposed. (Keogh plays as right centre half yet it was Buxton tackling a striker that had run 20 yards unchallenged into the right corner of our box. Where was the other centre half and right back.

To blame Buxton because he missed a tackle he shouldn't have needed to make masks the fact that other players didn't do their jobs properly.

Both Keogh and Buxton are decent defenders, on their good days you feel safe as houses with them. The problem is neither Buxton nor Keogh are the 'week-in-week out' consistent figures you want, both had awful games today. Keogh has had a couple of real stinkers so far this season, Buxton I'd argue has on average been better but has had his fair share of bad games as well. We do need a new, commanding CB. It will be good when Barker comes back, but 18 months out makes it tough for any player to make an impact for the rest of the season, let alone instantly. Someone needs to fill that gap for the rest of this season so Barker can have a full pre-season and get some minutes into him.

Archived