Mason Bennett

FeedTheFish

I'm not as convinced as some on here about his performance tonight. I thought he was good, still faults in his game and wouldn't want him playing every week, yet.

But, I hope he gets enough of a chance in the future to play a bit more. He reminds me of Giles, just before he exploded into life - always said, Will might be the better player but in terms of what they can offer US, Mason is the one I am looking forward to the most! 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game from a child, let us not forget his age. His touch/control could have been better, I put it down to nerves. He has all the qualities of an attacking player that every club wants and looks for. He showed how good his positional awareness is. 

Sort of on topic. But I like how Martinez is playing Barkley at Everton, accepting that he will make mistakes but keeping him out there for the good things he does. I would not focus on the mistakes Bennett made, but delighted at the impact and desire. I hope we see more of him.

He was brilliant when he came on, he put fear in the Ipswich defence every time he got on the ball. A few poor touches but I don't mind that when we have someone that actually tries to beat their marker.

We have a lot of players that like to pass the ball around and look for an opening, if he couldn't find one he would just make one using brute force!

Yeah, still looks like a kid playing on the school field. Hope he manages to keep that side of his game.

I remember when Rooney first broke through into the Everton side (and I'm comparing nothing here except attitude). No fear at all.

Yeah, clever movement from him to get that ball in the first place and a nice intelligent ball back.

If only Ward could have managed that in the first half  :angry:

I wonder how much longer Ward will be here, done great things and has great ability but unless McClaren can fire him up to put some effort in, I'd rather have Jacobs or Bennett in

I wonder how much longer Ward will be here, done great things and has great ability but unless McClaren can fire him up to put some effort in, I'd rather have Jacobs or Bennett in

Been awful this season for me - I don't know what it is, certainly not ability but he is a shadow of last season.

Been awful this season for me - I don't know what it is, certainly not ability but he is a shadow of last season.

I'd put it down to attitude, see what Schteve can do about it, if not I'm sure you could get some good money for him....if worst comes to worst

Archived