Mason Bennett

FeedTheFish

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can really see Mason being a big part of Derby attacking force next season , heard that his overall ability and fitness has improved massively. Next Wayne Rooney ? 

I'm not sure... think they're taking it nice and slow with his development... Would rather see him break through slowly when he's ready...

he should've had more exposure to the rigours of competitive football by now, even it it meant farming him out to Burton to get used to being kicked by old pros with no pace, and to build up the experience of using your attributes to your favour. My fear is that he'll take time to turn the raw potential into valuable contributions. If anyone can remember how useless Dean Sturridge looked for a couple of seasons, mainly before Steve McLaren got hold of him and taught him how to use his backside to turn a defender, I can see Mason having/needing a season or two to just get used to football. It's harder for strikers I think, that's why so many plummet down the leagues and then come back up.

I was kinda hoping he was going to develop into a good player, so I'd be disappointed if he was the next Rooney.

What does Wayne Rooney actually do, apart from kick a ball really hard and sometimes accurately?

Touch harsh, but I agree he hasn't matured in to the player many thought he would.

His long range passing is absolutely brilliant. In my mind he'd be the complete midfielder if he dropped back. He can create, tackle, chip in with goals and distribute the ball as well as most in the PL.

But as a striker, an out an out goalscorer, it just hasn't happened. Greatness is in danger of passing Rooney by.

Touch harsh, but I agree he hasn't matured in to the player many thought he would.

His long range passing is absolutely brilliant. In my mind he'd be the complete midfielder if he dropped back. He can create, tackle, chip in with goals and distribute the ball as well as most in the PL.

But as a striker, an out an out goalscorer, it just hasn't happened. Greatness is in danger of passing Rooney by.

Yeah I probably am too harsh on him. But United fans who haven't paid attention to the past half decade and the English media annoy me so much by over-hyping him that I like to try and balance it out.

He's such an overrated footballer.

As a striker then, who would you consider to be an out and out goal scorer ?

Archived