Mason Bennett

FeedTheFish

From what I have seen I don't think Bennett will make international grade.

Hope I am wrong but I think he has stood out up to this level because of his size.

I have not seen anything to suggest he will be stand out at this level now he is up against bigger guys.

Hope I am wrong but that is my honest opinion.

Hughes is leagues ahead of him I think.

Is Mason even 18 yet? I think it's a bit too early to be writing him off Gstar. He's been around so long he might seem older but he's still just a bairn. A very strong, fast, bulky and raw bairn but a bairn all the same.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Mason even 18 yet? I think it's a bit too early to be writing him off Gstar. He's been around so long he might seem older but he's still just a bairn. A very strong, fast, bulky and raw bairn but a bairn all the same.

Not writing him off but have seen nothing to suggest that he is 'the future of England'. Don't forget at roughly this age Owen and Rooney were beginning to tear international defences apart, Bennett has not even troubled a Championship defence yet.

About a year back someone from the academy said that people at Derby thought that Hughes would go on to much better things than Bennett and that Bennett was not really impressing as much anymore now he was no longer double the size of his opponents.

The fact that he has played so little makes me believe this.

Not writing him off but have seen nothing to suggest that he is 'the future of England'. Don't forget at roughly this age Owen and Rooney were beginning to tear international defences apart, Bennett has not even troubled a Championship defence yet.

About a year back someone from the academy said that people at Derby thought that Hughes would go on to much better things than Bennett and that Bennett was not really impressing as much anymore now he was no longer double the size of his opponents.

How often have you seen him play, just out of interest?

How often have you seen him play, just out of interest?

Every time he has come on for the first team.

A few times at youth level (where he does still stand out)

Think this only goes to back up my point that the lack of game time that he gets probably goes to show that he is not rated as highly as Hughes or Hendrick, although granted Jeff is a bit older.

Ian Wright never got noticed until his 20's,and look how he ended up.

Plenty of time to flourish ;-)

Every time he has come on for the first team.

A few times at youth level (where he does still stand out)

Think this only goes to back up my point that the lack of game time that he gets probably goes to show that he is not rated as highly as Hughes or Hendrick, although granted Jeff is a bit older.

I think he will play for England. He's had rave reviews at every level of international level he's played so far. Everyone progresses at different speeds, Hughes has just progressed faster than Bennett, but i have no doubt Bennett will be a top player, he still has at least 15 years to play, that is a long time.

I think he will play for England. He's had rave reviews at every level of international level he's played so far. Everyone progresses at different speeds, Hughes has just progressed faster than Bennett, but i have no doubt Bennett will be a top player, he still has at least 15 years to play, that is a long time.

I hope he does.

I can only base my opinion on what I have seen of him so far and what I have heard from someone within the academy.

Just out of interest what do you think will make Bennett a stand out player? Strength, speed, skill etc

I hope he does.

I can only base my opinion on what I have seen of him so far and what I have heard from someone within the academy.

Just out of interest what do you think will make Bennett a stand out player? Strength, speed, skill etc

I think he has all of those. He scored to cracking goals against Leicester under 21's, in reality he should still be playing for under 18's but he's on the fringe of the first team

Mason Bennett - 17th birthday 3 weeks ago and written off by some Derby fans on here.

And some people question why I think there ought to be an intelligence test before people are allowed to t'internets.

I hope he does.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have today's #ITK

Bennett will be a top player in my opinion, the likes of United and Arsenal have been sniffing around for a reason.

He's 17, 17! What was Van Persie doing at that age? What about Dean Sturridge? Think he was out at Torquay prior to his 20 goals in 95/96.

Mason Bennett - 17th birthday 3 weeks ago and written off by some Derby fans on here.

And some people question why I think there ought to be an intelligence test before people are allowed to t'internets.

Who has written him off?

I just said that I don't think he is 'the future of England' as someone called him on here.

Name me a better English striker who is 17?

Pass, but there again I don't watch any other youth teams.

Name me an English striker who was held in higher regard than Francis Jeffers when he was 17?

A quick look at the England u18 squad lists Chris Long (Everton) and Jordon Ibe (Liverpool) as their strikers so I am guessing that they must be considered better by someone?

Archived