Nigel is currently doing his UEFA A licence

Stedcfc

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy that Clough is finally showing some commitment to a career in football management. I've always considered Clough a reluctant manager who only took the job as he felt it was his duty to. 

I have a surprisingly optimistic feeling about next season, I think Rush will be a better boss to Clough than his previous bosses, and be wholly more professional.

I watched a couple of episodes of Footballs Greatest Managers on Sky sports last night, one was Arrigo Sacchi and the other was Rinus Michels, both legends in the game. It is certainly eye-opening how both conducted themselves as disciplinarians and football nuts who's whole life revolved around football and the job they had at any given time. 

I've always been able to point a finger at Clough and say he's NOT a football man, he's a family man. Family men aren't succesful in football. Clough says he doesn't watch MOTD or any football on TV or read any magazines or sporting journalism. I find this bizarre.

Oh, another thing, please stop calling people who had/have little faith in Clough "Clough Haters", I don't think many hate Clough, and most would love him to be a lot better and succeed.

I meant if he had done the same job without Burton experience as he has with it.

He wouldn't have got the Derby job had he not had the experience at Burton, presumably.

It seems fairly black and white with Derby supporters re: Clough - you either think he's brilliant and cannot do any wrong, or he's the worst manager ever and should be immediately sacked.

In reality he's probably somewhere in the middle of those.

He wouldn't have got the Derby job had he not had the experience at Burton, presumably.

It seems fairly black and white with Derby supporters re: Clough - you either think he's brilliant and cannot do any wrong, or he's the worst manager ever and should be immediately sacked.

In reality he's probably somewhere in the middle of those.

I think he's a fairly decent manager who seems to be taking us in the right general direction... Who do I sit with?

Oh, another thing, please stop calling people who had/have little faith in Clough "Clough Haters", I don't think many hate Clough, and most would love him to be a lot better and succeed.

Can we go with "The esteemed and honorable association of CLOUGH-OUTers"?

I think he's a fairly decent manager who seems to be taking us in the right general direction... Who do I sit with?

I think he's got more right than he's got wrong.

By no means perfect, but not the disaster some make him out to be.

I would give him all of next season and provided there's been at least some investment in the team in the meantime, judge him this time next year and change if we've not had a season of at least challenging for the Play offs.

And while we're at it no calling people who support clough, clough bummers or groupies etc.

I don't know what he will learn that he doesn't already know, honestly don't! 

I don't even think I would get much of doing the same course, I've done my FA and looked into UEFA but it just seems like the same regurgitated obvious bullshit! 

I don't know, if Clough learns anything I would be more worried in all honesty. 

Good, only taken four bleedin year though!

Least now if he ever left the club (God forbid!), he'd go straight into another job instead of a Jobcentre.

But how anyone defeat the fact he's waited over four years to undertake this, is beyond me.

Don't tell everyone that there are people like us around. It's confusing for them :)

I think most 'happy clappers' have a similar view and just seem more Pro-Clough than they actually are as they are consistently trying to defend Clough and Derby against the NLNLF.

I'm happy that Clough is finally showing some commitment to a career in football management. I've always considered Clough a reluctant manager who only took the job as he felt it was his duty to. 

I have a surprisingly optimistic feeling about next season, I think Rush will be a better boss to Clough than his previous bosses, and be wholly more professional.

I watched a couple of episodes of Footballs Greatest Managers on Sky sports last night, one was Arrigo Sacchi and the other was Rinus Michels, both legends in the game. It is certainly eye-opening how both conducted themselves as disciplinarians and football nuts who's whole life revolved around football and the job they had at any given time. 

I've always been able to point a finger at Clough and say he's NOT a football man, he's a family man. Family men aren't succesful in football. Clough says he doesn't watch MOTD or any football on TV or read any magazines or sporting journalism. I find this bizarre.

Clough Haters - the new wristslashers.

Clough Arselickers - the new happy clappers.

People are idiots - that's the only consistency.

Me, i'm getting fed up with the non league nigel names, he's not a non league manager. Do I hear these muppets referring to Martin o'neill as non league martin?, no we don't but he managed non league shepshed and Wycombe for years befor going to Norwich then Leic's.

It's getting boring now

Archived