Nigel is currently doing his UEFA A licence

Stedcfc

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nigel Clough has been down at St George's park doing part of his UEFA A-licence along with legends such as Peter Schmeichel, Dwight Yorke and Kevin Davies. Hopefully he can get a few good tips to improve his tactics next season and maybe get a ex-pro as a coach. Who knows. (link contains bonus interview from Clough about being a long-term manager)

http://www.thefa.com/News/st-georges-park/2013/may/nigel-clough-derby-county-manager-st-georges-park-uefa-a-licence#

Has to be the most depressing news ever,and yet quite funny.Most of the others on the course have

never been managers and were astounded that he had been a manager for 15 years!In all that time

he has managed to get a club from the northern premier into the conference and has blagged a job

for life with us.Hail Prince Clough.

It's the second best license a coach can get I believe, could be wrong though. The UEFA Pro license is the top one. It's essential for a coach to have the license to coach / manage a side in the top division's in England. Before, Clough wouldn't have been able to get another job because he didn't have the relevant qualification.

Whats a UEFA A licence?

It's one level below UEFA Pro.

Basically it means that if Derby do somehow get promoted to the Prem, Clough will (in all likelihood) have 2 years grace in which to take the UEFA Pro qualification ( which is a prerequisite for management in the top division in the major European leagues)

It's the second best license a coach can get I believe, could be wrong though. The UEFA Pro license is the top one. It's essential for a coach to have the license to coach / manage a side in the top division's in England. Before, Clough wouldn't have been able to get another job because he didn't have the relevant qualification.

Leaving us then ?

Has to be the most depressing news ever,and yet quite funny.Most of the others on the course have

never been managers and were astounded that he had been a manager for 15 years!In all that time

he has managed to get a club from the northern premier into the conference and has blagged a job

Of all the Forest fans we get on this site, you are by far the most tedious - and, when anyone calls you out on your pathetic trolling, you tend to be the biggest whiner too.

Did you ask them all their personal opinions of Clough? You sir speak rot

Non League Nigel will obviously get taught how to be a good manager then.

When the next manager comes along, I really hope we get someone with the right badges.

If we're mid-table Championship on a tight budget with a Non League manager who hasn't got a bloody clue, where would we be with a manager who knew what he was doing and got the job on merit?

Champions League, probably.

T1ts out, school's out (for summer) etc

Non League Nigel will obviously get taught how to be a good manager then.

When the next manager comes along, I really hope we get someone with the right badges.

If we're mid-table Championship on a tight budget with a Non League manager who hasn't got a bloody clue, where would we be with a manager who knew what he was doing and got the job on merit?

Champions League, probably.

T1ts out, school's out (for summer) etc

Your not a fan of our Nigel then!!

I know i'm on the right track when Davenport is reduced to personal abuse,its his stock in trade.

So sad and predictable.

When did I abuse you personally- I said what you speak is rot or in other words I don't agree

did you ask the other people km the course their opinion to back up your claim they were all surprised abut him being a manager?

Anyway he's just doing his A license, he already had his B license, perhaps the league are changing the rules so he needs it to stay at Derby or maybe the club has asked him to do it.

Archived