Nigel is currently doing his UEFA A licence

Stedcfc

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambitious, you say 'I don't know what people want'. Well a manager who knows how to make substitutions and has a knowledge of different tactical methods to play away games would be nice.

Admittedly Im no clough fan but I respect him as our manager and the job he is doing. I do feel however that this coming season is make or break. Him and Sam rush have identified the play offs as our aim and IF we keep the likes of bray and Hughes and don't make the top 6, then he has not delivered in 4/5 full seasons. Then it may be time to change.

However I'd be happy not to go up anyway as I think we'll come straight back down again. So I just hope cloughie keeps learning, and proves us all wrong. After all I doubt there is a true derby fan who doesn't want sir nige to be a success!

Ambitious, you say 'I don't know what people want'. Well a manager who knows how to make substitutions and has a knowledge of different tactical methods to play away games would be nice.

Admittedly Im no clough fan but I respect him as our manager and the job he is doing. I do feel however that this coming season is make or break. Him and Sam rush have identified the play offs as our aim and IF we keep the likes of bray and Hughes and don't make the top 6, then he has not delivered in 4/5 full seasons. Then it may be time to change.

However I'd be happy not to go up anyway as I think we'll come straight back down again. So I just hope cloughie keeps learning, and proves us all wrong. After all I doubt there is a true derby fan who doesn't want sir nige to be a success!

Could you fit any more contradictions in there? You'd be happy not to go up. Ok. Lets not bother trying then.

Ok maybe I wasn't clear enough. I don't feel that if we were to go up next season we would survive. I don't think our squad is strong enough nor do I think there will be suitable money available to strengthen. I would rather win the league in a few seasons time when our squad is strong and we are not counting the pennies. From my memory and I could be wrong the teams who go up via the play offs generally come down in their first season and those that win the league or come second generally do better. ( Either way the prem is damn hard to survive in unless your rich)

What about going up and then coming down again. That would put us in a financially far stronger position than staying where we are for three years.

Provided we don't start buying centre backs with 50p shaped heads for £3m again...

What about going up and then coming down again. That would put us in a financially far stronger position than staying where we are for three years.

Provided we don't start buying centre backs with 50p shaped heads for £3m again...

I think if we went up the board would spend some money. They would have to.

However that does not necessarily mean we would as you say spend the money on utter rubbish. Like Kazmiershak and Claude Davis.

I don't know why but I think I would trust Nigel with say a 15 million pound war chest after promotion. I think he would go and buy good players that obviously are young but would be a valuable asset after the first year no matter what league we were in. Ie finding the next Benteke someone like that.

I think that we wont get promoted under Clough so it would a total moot point

I think he would go and buy good players that obviously are young but would be a valuable asset after the first year no matter what league we were in. Ie finding the next Benteke someone like that.

In the prem, I think it's a requirement that every coach has uefa pro. So if we go up with Clough, does that mean he can't manage?

I think the days of giving people "byes" have gone

That would be priceless.....a manager guides a club through troubled times, turns round an overpaid, underperforming squad assembled by previous managers who have the license, to a promotion team on half the budget, then gets told he can't manage!

Archived