Nigel is currently doing his UEFA A licence

Stedcfc

Nigel Clough get a better job after us?

LOL

No chance.. Why would anyone want to go near a manager who has yet to put together a winning side at league level and has lost more games than he's won..

Clubs go for managers who have proven that they can put together a promotion challenging side.. Unless his Dad was a footballing genius and managed the club to a top division title and therefore the fans will love him no matter how average he is.

Nigel wouldn't get another job at this level, let alone one above this level..

Whenever reading one of Bris's comments, you should always keep in mind that Managers he's tipped to do a better job include

*Kenny Jacket* & *Keith Hill*

(both left their clubs after progressing them into the relegation zones)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a look at next years sides and their managers..

Wigan - Unknown

QPR - Promotion winning manager

Reading - Promotion winning manager

Doncaster - Promotion winning manager

Bournemouth - Promotion winning manager

OK.. So, should an option come available.. Look at the amount of clubs that go for managers with previous promotions, as they simply know that one with previous promotions at this level have far more a chance of getting promoted than one that doesn't..

We could get a promotion winning manager like

**Paul Jewell**

Used his promotion winning expertise to s***k millions on poor players and took us relentlessly downwards.

Or...

It's the first year the courses have been held at St George's, so he can do it without having to travel away from his family, and go back to the wife and kids every evening.

Stop talking common sense.

There was no need for him to do them, none what so ever! He was settled here, no need to do them!

The only reason I can think of, that he is gaining badges to ensure that he can get a job after us (within the laws of the game)

Perhaps he wants to learn something new. Isn't self-improvement a reason for doing a course?

I know i'm on the right track when Davenport is reduced to personal abuse,its his stock in trade.

So sad and predictable.

Your very presence constitutes personal abuse

Nigel Clough has failed.. Everytime you don't get promoted from this division you fail.. You can't succeed by staying in this division.. George Burley is never given credit on here and deemed an ultimate failure for failing to get us promoted but he got far closer than Clough ever has..

Seriously, how anyone can say that losing more games than winning in such an average league where everyone is as good as eachother is not failing then they're simply having a laugh..

You not swapping a manager with a proven record of winning promotion for one that has lost more games than he's won is literally suicidal and insane.. It's like training a horse whose only ever finished a high 10th and the majority finishing below the average and not swapping it for one that has a record of finishing 1st..

Pretty well every single one of the managers you named has also been a failure.

Some people cherry-pick statistics - you bloody cherry-pick cherries.

Of course Nigel is doing this course. He knows that he can't manage Derby forever. Also only an idiot would not keep improving in his job. What I have learned about coaching there is always something you can learn about the job. I believe that is true for managers too. Good for you Nigel.

Of course Nigel is doing this course. He knows that he can't manage Derby forever. Also only an idiot would not keep improving in his job. What I have learned about coaching there is always something you can learn about the job. I believe that is true for managers too. Good for you Nigel.

Nobody has mentioned that Clough could have been instructed to do the course by his employers?

Don't see the relevance about Burton Albion, his dad isn't a crap manager for his spell at Leeds.

I didn't mention Burton in the first place, was just pointing out it's a little remiss to suggest he got them in to the Conference - he basically took them in to the Football League. Whether you think he's good, bad or indifferent, let's just tell it like it is. That's all I'm saying.

Interesting that Kenny Jackett taking Millwall up eons a go counts as a 'promotion winning manager'. Yet Clough (despite effectively promoting Burton) counts as 'lost more than won'.

Haters gonna hate I spose.

In 15 years of management, Clough has 1 promotion on his record, from the Northern Premier League 11 years ago.

In 9 years of management, Jackett has 1 promotion and 2 play-off finals on his record.

These are the facts, not opinions.

In 15 years of management, Clough has 1 promotion on his record, from the Northern Premier League 11 years ago.

In 9 years of management, Jackett has 1 promotion and 2 play-off finals on his record.

These are the facts, not opinions.

The Northern Premier League was a very difficult league to get promoted from back in those days though because only the team that finished top got promoted.  Burton finished 2nd and 3rd in a couple of seasons there, but that wasn't good enough for promotion.

In my valuable opinion, I think a bit of money will be, how you say "spunked", on incoming players this season.

So much so that this is a make or break season for Clough, as if he is given the tools finally he will need to carry out the work to a high standard.

Or he's will regrettably be sacked.

The Northern Premier League was a very difficult league to get promoted from back in those days though because only the team that finished top got promoted.  Burton finished 2nd and 3rd in a couple of seasons there, but that wasn't good enough for promotion.

No argument there.

Nigel Clough has failed.. Everytime you don't get promoted from this division you fail..

so by that logic, Wednesday, Huddersfield, charlton, Barnsley, Peterborough, Blackpool and millwall have all failed because they didnt get promoted? I'm sure that all there fans and there board expected it as well, but they were all pretty far off.

I believe that a manager and his team are set targets or objectives that they must reach each season whether its achieve promotion or avoid relegation. If these objectives aren't met then the manager has failed.

I take it Yeovil season will be a failure next season if they don't achieve promotion.

I don't get the Clough haters.

Any club looking to make a major change in the way they do business will be very interested in Nigel Clough. The boom time is over, clubs need to restructure how they do things and Nigel is one of the pioneers of doing it with Derby's model being highly thought of by other clubs around the country.

I see him taking this course as a positive step as it signals he is ready to focus more on what is happening on the field than off it. Hopefully he gets some new ideas, makes some contacts and increases our chances of promotion next season.

I don't get the Clough haters.

Any club looking to make a major change in the way they do business will be very interested in Nigel Clough. The boom time is over, clubs need to restructure how they do things and Nigel is one of the pioneers of doing it with Derby's model being highly thought of by other clubs around the country.

I see him taking this course as a positive step as it signals he is ready to focus more on what is happening on the field than off it. Hopefully he gets some new ideas, makes some contacts and increases our chances of promotion next season.

The boom time is over -  what does that actually mean?

Cardiff and Hull spent absolutely loads and it got them promoted.

There is no evidence to suggest that doing it the way Derby seem to be trying to do it can work.

My goodness what a response from the Clough fans. Wow over the top or what LOL

Sorry, my mistake.

How utterly pathetic that NLN hasn't got this qualification already. Bris has categorically proved to everyone that there are 23 better qualified people in this division - it's no surprise therefore that we finish bottom every season. Sack this no-hoper now and get Jewell back.

Better?

Archived