Nigel is currently doing his UEFA A licence

Stedcfc

Some people read threads correctly before commenting.. Others read what they want to read and then spout rubbish.. That would be you sir.

Erm think you'll find you do the same. Ambitious said about Clough getting another job, you read getting a better job. Unless you think that every other job is better than being Derby manager.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he could go on a course to understand that sometimes a team requires individual flair as well as an outstanding work ethic.

*cough*will hughes*cough*

Two of those he signed and thr other he improved and tried to keep.

Signed 2, hardly played them, slagged them off in public, one already gone and the other will follow soon.

The other he slagged off for not tracking back enough, if I remember right.

Cywka who's so good he hasnt had hhis 1 year deal with barnsley renewed yet

Jacobs - who is still at the club and has been given first team experience this year.

Did you not rate Cywka when he was here then?

And Jacobs - lets wait and see how much game time he gets next season.

Signed 2, hardly played them, slagged them off in public, one already gone and the other will follow soon.

The other he slagged off for not tracking back enough, if I remember right.

can a manager not criticise his players then? Jacobs won't be going anywhere he'll play more regularly next season he played a fair amount this season and done well.

Cywka had a decent loan spell an pd eventually got worse I'd hardly say we're missing him.

Actually no I didnt

He was capable of running with a ball and putting a cross in - but too often he ran into dead ends and defendrs knew that and if he beat the first man he would always try and beat one more before crossing. he was and is too easy to defend against.

Jacobs I think will get a lot of bench time and come on as substitutes and be used when Wards hamstrings inecitable let him down again.

He is not one of the 7 being told to find other clubs and i think he is being lined up as a less injury riddled replacement for Jamie Ward

I didn't rate Cywka particularly highly, and I see that his 'one goal in eight appearances' form has continued since he left Derby.

I just want a season that isnt over in January, 4 years is a long time to be at a club without finishing higher than 10th, having a cup run, or beating a team from a higher league.

I couldnt care if that was NC or BV in charge, but I want a return to the days when the atmosphere wasnt like a morgue, there was more to play for than the BC trophy and bragging rights, and we are at least challenging for the top 6 coming into the last few games of the season. 

Im not interested in our budget, (unless someone can provide proof off our net spend plus wages v other clubs?), football has never been a level playing field since day one, but thats not stopped the likes of Swansea, Blackpool, Wigan etc...bucking the trend.

Id be more than happy if NC was the man for this, I dont think he is, but thats only IMO,  Ill still goto the games in hope and support, and hope, until Jan of course  

doing a bit of research it takes about two years to complete the course.

A 13 day residential, followed by a period of experience gathering at your club then an 8 day residential and final assesment. Part 2 of the course has to be completed within three years of part 1. If Clough has just started it then he may not actually finish it until 2016

during each residential you are filmed delivering a 45 minute themed training sessions culminating in a 20 minute phase of game or mini-game.

It sounds quite useful to be honest.

http://eventspace.thefa.com/FALearning/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=58465

Thank you for that! A useful post in the midst of petty tomfoolery.

Some people read threads correctly before commenting.. Others read what they want to read and then spout rubbish.. That would be you sir.

You did, however, say that no team in the top 2 divisions would want Clough.

So, why wouldn't a team want to better themselves with a better manager? just curious?

I didn't rate Cywka particularly highly, and I see that his 'one goal in eight appearances' form has continued since he left Derby.

We seem to get all the **** from Wigan dont we. ;)

You did, however, say that no team in the top 2 divisions would want Clough.

So, why wouldn't a team want to better themselves with a better manager? just curious?

Bris has cut and run again, I see. He did the same in the 'discussion' (cherry picking) with me. 

Always knows when he's beaten, that guy.

Wait - WAIT... are people honestly saying we lack creativity... ******* jesus. I don't even know what to say to absolute ******* bile.. I don't think I have seen an opinion so wrong in all my ******* life.

JUST BECAUSE A ******* PLAYER DOES A ******* STEP OVER DOES NOT MAKE THAT **** CREATIVE!!! 

:angry:

rant over.. 

What makes me a cherry picker? Through owners eyes, they're going to look at managers who have proven they can put a winning side together.. Nigel hasn't done that..

What makes you a cheery-picker? I think they're suggesting that you have picked a series of stats which work in your favour when there are other stats about those managers which make them look average...

Nigel Pearson for example... Promotion with undoubtedly one of the strongest teams league 1 has ever seen... then lots of nothing... Then he's back and despite Leicester being strongly tipped to finish in the top 2 for 2 seasons he's failed to get them there... He's had money and a squad which bookies suggest should be a top 2 team...

So is he a better manager than a guy who has slowly re-built a team which was falling apart, and is showing a gradual improvement every year AND beating the bookies and pundits predictions on where we should finish?

It's all a matter of opinion, but THAT's why they're saying you're cherry-picking... You're only using the stats which back your argument... which they don't agree with...

Wait - WAIT... are people honestly saying we lack creativity... ******* jesus. I don't even know what to say to absolute ******* bile.. I don't think I have seen an opinion so wrong in all my ******* life.

JUST BECAUSE A ******* PLAYER DOES A ******* STEP OVER DOES NOT MAKE THAT **** CREATIVE!!! 

:angry:

rant over.. 

People don't seem to understand the difference between Flair and Creativity... They obviously don't play football manager...

Put simply:

Gerrard has creativity

Walcott has Flair

Bale has both

Archived