Player of the season so far - I think it is a difficult one

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL how many good games has Brayford had he often miss places passes. Keogh has been great all season and has never missed a game often playing with different partners.

Keogh has gradually slipped over the season for me. Brayford is probably the most consistent player we have.

If he keeps it up until the end of the season I'd pick Hendrick. Been excellent since November. Much harder to find form midway through the season than it is to lose it. Think we forget the lad is only 20, he's carried us through games the last couple of months when the rest have been awful. Again it is much easier to look good in a winning side.

LOL how many good games has Brayford had he often miss places passes. Keogh has been great all season and has never missed a game often playing with different partners.

He's had many good games, hence being the popular vote in this thread. I don't want to get picky but Keogh's probably misplaced just as many passes than Brayford. How many silly penalties has Keogh cost us? For a centre back of Keogh's height he's no where near good enough in the air. I like him but he's been poor recently. Wasn't impressed at Brighton or Wednesday away and he was awful on tuesday night up at Hull. Brayford however, not a centreback, was absolutely fantastic and the only player who could "defend" as it was.

I don't think Brayford has been outstanding all season don't get me wrong, but he's been our most consistent player. Over the year he's defended well and up until recently his right hand side partnership with Keogh has been key in most of our games.

When you open these curtains, you get a punch in the face.

Lots of people back Keogh, he's not the worst defender I've seen but he frustrates me. Loses his man often, not very elegant. His bat **** crazy goal celebrations are just weird. Don't like him as a captain.

Toss up between Brayford, Hendrick and Ward. Had Hendrick been on top form from the start of the season, it might be him. If Ward had played all season, it might be him. Just my opinion, but Brayford is clearly our best player and has matured well this season. Just needs to work on his public appearances.

Brayford.

Back to his first season level. Consistent too. No 'nightmare' games. Leicester away was poor from him defensively but nobody covered themselves in glory that night.

2nd - Hughes - dropped off though. Pretty pedestrian compared to his string pulling antics of a few months back.

3rd - Coutts - composed on the ball. Sick of hoofers. Brings the best out of Brayford.

Can anyone explain to me why keogh has been poor.

Keogh is quality in the air, never gets outpaced, in my opinion he carries the defence and is a better player than barker and shackell.

What is there to argue?

Somebody mentioned he has given away too many penalties. I can remember Blackpool where one came off his arm that should never have been a penalty other than that where else??

He singlehandedly hasn't cost hardly any goals stepped in as captain at the age of 25/6 and said himself he still thinks he is young. We can't ask much more of him. Just needs a partner keogh/barker or Keogh/Shackell would have been very effective this season.

Can anyone explain to me why keogh has been poor.

Keogh is quality in the air, never gets outpaced, in my opinion he carries the defence and is a better player than barker and shackell.

What is there to argue?

Somebody mentioned he has given away too many penalties. I can remember Blackpool where one came off his arm that should never have been a penalty other than that where else??

He singlehandedly hasn't cost hardly any goals stepped in as captain at the age of 25/6 and said himself he still thinks he is young. We can't ask much more of him. Just needs a partner keogh/barker or Keogh/Shackell would have been very effective this season.

To answer just about all of your post, watch the goals we've conceded this side of the turn of the year. Far from solid. Far from "quality in the air"!

Goals conceded from corners too, Keogh's marking is awful. Leicester springs straight to mind.

Peterborough is a good shout for a silly penalty...

I like Keogh but I do think his 30 yard sprint and tackle combos paper over the cracks in his defending.

Probably the hardest decision in many a year... None have been consistantly woeful but none have been consistantly good either..

Brayford is probably the only one who hasn't had a really poor game.

The rest have been good at times, and poor at others times..

And whoever votes for Sammon.. Get your eyes tested. There's no point picking on the price tag, had we signed him for free, I would have still said it was a poor choice.. He could be so much better if he could control a ball, but watching his second touch be a late tackle is just embarassing.

Probably the hardest decision in many a year... None have been consistantly woeful but none have been consistantly good either..

Brayford is probably the only one who hasn't had a really poor game.

The rest have been good at times, and poor at others times..

And whoever votes for Sammon.. Get your eyes tested. There's no point picking on the price tag, had we signed him for free, I would have still said it was a poor choice.. He could be so much better if he could control a ball, but watching his second touch be a late tackle is just embarassing.

Sammon does a job, but I agree, he's not player of the year by a long margin.

Probably Brayford this year. It's funny saying that though because people were complaining about his form early this season.

Archived