Player of the season so far - I think it is a difficult one

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just not fair at all . Next you will tell me again Hendick is this and that. Brayford had his DETRACTORS at the start of the season as did Hendrick but look at them now.....Keogh has been good all season him and Brayford have played 32 games .Keogh 5 goals Brayford 3 goals.. PS Buxton14 games again a poor return just as last season.

Buxton 5 goals to be fair ..

Why is it not fair? Because it's true? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I'm going on performances recently and if you care to look yourself he's been pretty poor compared to the standard he set early on in the season. People ask the question of why we're so poor away from home and there's many theories but look don't overlook how poor we have become as a defensive unit on the road. We're not getting torn to shreds, we're losing games/points because we can't defend simple crosses/corners on a regular basis. Keogh's one of the main culprits for this.

Let's not go there with Hendrick, you over-rate him, I under-rate him, he's probably somewhere in the middle in all honesty.

Keogh got MOM again last night. Captain fantastic.

Apart from another defensive lapse costing us a goal... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thought he played well, just that crucial moment he wasn't good enough, again.

Says alot about our young team this thread. With young players you get inconsistent displays, hence no-one standing out. Coincidence that two of the front runners are two of the older players in Keogh and Brayford.

Will be interesting next season if we keep this squad together......

. Bit unfortunate that one. Young Jeff gave a silly free kick away and put us in trouble in a dangerous area. Jeff did ok though most of the game. Watched Keogh win header after header but was stretching for the goal. Still MOM for me.

I didn't think it was a free kick. Ref was laughable.

. The ref was poor what about that Sammon decision 1st half when he wriggled through and got pulled up for free kick. I couldn't believe it.

Yes I went mad at that one. Hightower was trying to foul Sammon and fell over. Sammon was straight through on goal, so a 5% chance of a goal 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> The business with the forward blocking Ledgzins kick was hilarious. He wasn't even looking.

I think Keogh is good but his marking has cost us too many goals. Don't get me wrong i think he's good. But just look through the goals we've conceded. How many are the result of poor marking? Keogh is brilliant at defending what's in front of him. As is Buxton. OB isn't bad either. But we've conceded sloppy goals this year that we didn't last year. When anything gets down their sides, they lose the plot.

It might happen only once or twice per game. But it's been resulting in easy chances for unmarked strikers.

I know you can pick holes in anyone. But these are problems that have undermined our campaign. Good player though. He can be immense at times.

Hendrick was non-existent for a few months. It's not fickle to say he's good now. It's the way it was. He's been carrying the team lately.

I vote for Sammon, the reason being that several of our POTY have left the season after winning it.

It's also good to watch other posters' brains explode.

I'm gonna say Legzdins.

He's come from a league two side, hasn't looked out of place at this level and is keeping the supposed next England number one (according to some on here) on the bench.

Not a bad shout. Its a shame that a lot of the time goalies only get highlighted for doing badly rather than doing impressive stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived