Derby County v Bolton Wanderers

CumbrianRam

No ones really been on form lately have they? Hendrick being the obvious exception. Clough said we could have 9 pts instead of 3 from our last four games easily, yet he is constantly delighted with the players? What went wrong then? How are we trying to rectify this and make sure we in future pick up whatever points we deserve?

There is no secret answer - play well, and we will pick up points.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the fact that Clough gets stick when he slags off players and stick when he praises them.

Yeah, he deserves it though. He slags off the wrong players and praises the wrong players generally.

Was surprised last night though, cos he praised both Jacobs and Ben Davies, both deservedly, but he was very petulant in his interview, mentioning Sergio Ramos as an excuse for Keogh being done by a pass. His little "we get stick for playing one up top" comment was a bit childish, but true. People slate the system 4-5-1, when they should be slating the mentality.

Last night, prior to the equaliser, we were spread out across the width of the pitch and it was brilliant, exactly what we needed, then as soon as we scored, we went narrow again.

Fully understand the frustration - Wolves & Bolton were both there for the taking. It's definitely 4 points dropped from my point of view.

I'm generally pro-Clough but by-gum he doesn't half put a strain on my faith with his bizarre selections.

Also tend to lean towards the opinion that Sammon is a waste of time.

Full backs need to get forward when we play wingers who like to cut inside. Ben Davies does this well, Hoganson, probably through instruction of Clough doesn't like to leave the half way line.

By the way, Kevin Davis won 15 of 16 headers when he came on, the one he lost he won but committed a foul. Connor Sammon hasn't won 15 headers all season.

By the way, Kevin Davis won 15 of 16 headers when he came on, the one he lost he won but committed a foul. Connor Sammon hasn't won 15 headers all season.

Probably why he's spent most of his career in one of the best leagues in the world and Sammon has spent 1.... he's been one of the best target men in the country over the last decade!

Probably why he's spent most of his career in one of the best leagues in the world and Sammon has spent 1.... he's been one of the best target men in the country over the last decade!

Kevin Davies was ******* horseshit against Forest, far, far, far worst than Sammon has played all year..

Forest are 1 point above us and have a budget about 10 times ours.

Don't be such a drama queen.

A budget of ten times ours? Who's Billy bought then? What master stroke have their owners made in the transfer window to take their poor side and make them better? Mmm.

They have a better manager, full stop. And as for only being a point ahead of us. For now, yes. By the end of the season, it will be a lot more than that.

Yes, he was a ****. But if I knew my club was approaching managers behind my back, I'd want out too.

He is clearly a better manager than Nigel Clough. I don't like Davies as a man. He's a ******. But as a manager he is miles ahead of Clough. His record proves that.

Don't think you can say Keogh scored an own goal. It just brushed his head. And the free kick was hit in at incredible force, making it very hard to defend.

Keogh and Brayford played very well and worked hard last. Keogh often coming across the RB as Davies was out of position. At one point Hoganson had to come over to RB

Yeah, he deserves it though. He slags off the wrong players and praises the wrong players generally.

Was surprised last night though, cos he praised both Jacobs and Ben Davies, both deservedly, but he was very petulant in his interview, mentioning Sergio Ramos as an excuse for Keogh being done by a pass. His little "we get stick for playing one up top" comment was a bit childish, but true. People slate the system 4-5-1, when they should be slating the mentality.

Last night, prior to the equaliser, we were spread out across the width of the pitch and it was brilliant, exactly what we needed, then as soon as we scored, we went narrow again.

Agree totally, nothing says that 451 has to be inherently negative. If you push wide players on and have runners from midfield it can be very attacking.

It's his whole happy with a point, players running down the clock I can't understand.

Kevin Davies was ******* horseshit against Forest, far, far, far worst than Sammon has played all year..

I'm not saying he's better than Sammon, just a more mature, seasoned, experienced pro. He's a very clever player, he didn't win his headers because he can jump higher than Sammon, he's worked out the amount of pushing he can get away with without conceding a freekick. He hardly gets off of the ground.

I'm not saying he's better than Sammon, just a more mature, seasoned, experienced pro. He's a very clever player, he didn't win his headers because he can jump higher than Sammon, he's worked out the amount of pushing he can get away with without conceding a freekick. He hardly gets off of the ground.

Nah, I know - Davies didn't win a header against Forest mind.. he looked like a cardboard cut-out that someone had left out. I didn't go to the Bolton Derby game, but if he managed to win so many headers then I am massively disappointed in our defence, not good enough at all.

I will go as far as saying Davies against Forest is one of the worst performances I've seen at this level, and if he was able to win the aerial battle against us, then we clearly need massive improvement!

I'm afraid this kind of 'I know more about football than NC' arrogance that has ben sprinkled through your dozens of posts since you have been re-incarnated, means I won't debate with you. Enjoy your WUMMING, but I won't bite.

Nah, I know - Davies didn't win a header against Forest mind.. he looked like a cardboard cut-out that someone had left out. I didn't go to the Bolton Derby game, but if he managed to win so many headers then I am massively disappointed in our defence, not good enough at all.

I will go as far as saying Davies against Forest is one of the worst performances I've seen at this level, and if he was able to win the aerial battle against us, then we clearly need massive improvement!

i don't think davies won that many header tbh

What annoys me is when we try as pass it and keep the ball even pass backwards the crowd boo. Hogonson mis controlled it so launched it, this got cheered then it went out for a goal kick and that got clapped. Madness. When we did go long it was like we were trying to pick zak knight out, he won everything

Legdezins 5- No where near as good as Fielding, but he's one of Clough's mates from Burton so I suppose he'll play every game.

Hoganson 4- Very poor player, only knows how to hoof it down the line.

Keogh 6- Has passion, but not got enough quality. Certainly not an adequate replacement for Shackell.

Brayford 8- One of our only players with the ability to read the game.

Freeman 6-

Coutts 5- Been sh*te for a few weeks now, give the lad a rest

Bryson 6- Not at his best but atleast he's not playing left wing.

Hendrick 8 MOTM, played decent.

Jacobs 8- Always beat his man and got a decent assist.

Ward 6- Played sh*te except for his goal, too many needless fouls.

Sammon 2- Worst player we've had since coco the clown davies.

Archived