The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't half getting some abuse from some of our fans at the match yesterday. I know people get frustrated and pee'd off but I reckoned it was a bit ott.

What good does it do to hurl abuse at him?

If I won Euromillions, I'd pay 10% over market rate to sponsor Derby's shirts, and I'd put nothing on them.

Looks great just the white with the Ram on it.

I thought Sammon played really well in the first half yesterday. He and Ward looked a right handful. The Wendies seem to think that Sammon and Ward are the best striking pair they've played all season. The Wendies hate Ward with a passion, due to his Blades connection, but they all seem to be saying they'd have both Ward and Sammon in their side any day of the week.

Thought we looked really good first half, but disapeared after we went 2-0 up and Wendies should really have gone on and won it. I thought both Coutts and Bryson were really poor second half and poor Roberts had virtually no cover in front of him the entire second half. Hendrick was immense all game and it was a real shame O'Brien got injured in the warm up, because I just jon't think Keogh and Buxton work as a pairing, as they both seem to think the other one is marking a player and it ends up nobody marking anyone. There equaliser was a joke, no markinng, no challenge, even I could have ghosted in att the far post and nodded it in.

The funniest thing I saw all day was Sammon's air shot missing the ball completely, as he ran along the goal line between edge of the box towards the near goal post and kicking Llera on the shin, about breaking his leg. Ref neree never even gave a foul and Sammon was apologising to Llera profusely. I couldn't stop laughing. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Sammon and Ward look good

The only quarrels with Sammon yesterday was that he didnt shoot from the edge of the box on two sperate occasions

And he didnt run the channels as well as against Huddersfield.

Did have 90 minutes of international football though to be fair

There's a good reason why he didnt shoot.

Look a few posts above and it will explain why.

You're saying he's crap, but competitive?

So he's competitively crap? haha

Ye basically, crap but useful.

He reminds in a way of Craig Mackail Smith. Brighton fans thought they'd bought god when they first got him. Despite him showing no basic football ability after a few games, they still rated him and thought he quality. Now after a couple of years, they're finally realising that he just hasnt got the basic ball control to ever be anything more than useful at this level. Now you look on their forum and most of them realise, he is in fact, quite ****.

However much we got our pants pulled down buying Sammon, it compares nothing to what Brighton paid for him.

Limited footballers will only get you so far, and Sammon is severely limited.

Archived