The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

Sorry

I swear to never ever ever ever even consider putting forward the idea of 442 or 4312. it was especially wrong of me to think Robinson and Sammon could be seen on a football pitch together. I will hang my head in shame.

I should think so, there's a legend that if Sammon and Theo play on the same pitch in 442 or 4312 formation that could tear a rip in the fabric of space and time. NEVER speak of this again..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long story short, he knows how to get in the right place at the right time, and he's got some raw pace.....

Pace isn't an asset for us because we are so slow in the build up that the opposition have plenty of time to get back and get organised.

The only time we seem interested in using pace is when we bring on a sub with 15 mins to go, whose job is to chase hoofed clearances as we get penned into our own box.

Just saying.

Decided not to bother coming on the forum over the weekend because of all the negativity, but I am starting to lose patience with Sammon. Is it lack of confidence or is he just crap? We're not going to score many goals with him playing as a loan forward and that showed in the shots on goal we had on Saturday. Either Sammons got to start performing in the next couple of games or Clough has to swallow his pride and drop Sammon.

Decided not to bother coming on the forum over the weekend because of all the negativity, but I am starting to lose patience with Sammon. Is it lack of confidence or is he just crap? We're not going to score many goals with him playing as a loan forward and that showed in the shots on goal we had on Saturday. Either Sammons got to start performing in the next couple of games or Clough has to swallow his pride and drop Sammon.

We weren't all negative S&B, some of us were hiding in a different thread having a peace party. Twas all josticks and flares. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Sammon is always picking up the ball in non threatening positions, in non threatening areas of the pitch in non threatening directions. He seems to love picking up the ball facing our goal with a player right behind him.

Why do you think that is - because that's what he wants to do, or because that is what he has to do because of the way we are playing at the moment?

Also didn't come on over the weekend, Saturday was massively depressing. I've missed two games home and away this season, spending a lot of money in the process. Sammon really is one of the poorest forwards I've seen. He runs around a lot but without contributing much.

Would love a couple of interesting signings this week to excite the fans.

In my opinion - if we are saying Sammon is awful, then we have no good players. it's all relative, in a top 10 premier league side all our players are awful - so therefore everyone out, drop everyone 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

There is no-one in our team, and I mean no-one that is comfortably better than Sammon IMO - Sammon is also our best player according to the numbers (actim stats)

Sammon is not awful - I'd say that he's average, but he's being made to look worse by the formation.

His control is very poor, his heading is fairly lame, he is pretty slow - or at least slow to accelerate (once he's in his stride he looks reasonable) if you get what I mean and he has a tendency to mishit shots.

However his workrate is excellent, he is strong, tackles well, never gives up and is surprisingly good at picking through balls. I can imagine him playing the Seth Johnson midfield enforcer role really well.

I think that far better players than Sammon would look poor when playing the role that he is doing at present.

...so basically we'd squander possession over and over putting ourselves under more pressure and lose the initiative very quickly. Fantastic stuff!

In fact, has Theo even scored like that this season?

Let's just play table football tactics. No-one is to be in a more advanced or deeper position than the team mate next to them...

Let's just play table football tactics. No-one is to be in a more advanced or deeper position than the team mate next to them...

Some of our players could do with a metal stick up their arse.

• 2 weeks later...

What? Clough rates him, Trappatoni rate him, he's got a bit of skill sufficient to get him on showboat, he's quick, he's fit, he's strong....nah, behave, half our fans don't rate him so he must be gash.

Archived