The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

So two goal scoring strikers is a no go?

As I said, if I was in charge I would start it for a few games... We haven't go anything to lose and when we lose a couple the fans will inevitably be asking for Sammon back in the starting line up. It's a bit **** up, but at the minute the fans won't appreciate what Sammon does unless we show what the alternative is, if that means writing a couple of games off as an experiment then so be it.

Also, I could be wrong - and Robinson and Ward might be fantastic together, although I doubt it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangely, people involved with football on the inside seem to appreciate what Sammon brings to a team. Some who have never played the game at any meaningful level just watch a ball without the slightest inkling of what else happens on the pitch.

Frank Fielding has let 18 goals in this season, Adam Legzdins has let in 35 goals this season yet this bloody Nigel keeps on playing the keeper who has let the most goals in play!!!

Numbers / Stats mean fook all

...numbers and stats mean "fook all" when you have no idea what you're doing. It's like letting a baby drive a car. Just because they can't drive it doesn't mean that it's worthless.

Here's an example:

Fielding: 18 conceded in 10 games (1.80 per game)

Legzdins: 36 conceded in 26 games (1.38 per game)

...numbers and stats mean "fook all" when you have no idea what you're doing. It's like letting a baby drive a car. Just because they can't drive it doesn't mean that it's worthless.

Here's an example:

Fielding: 18 conceded in 10 games (1.80 per game)

Legzdins: 36 conceded in 26 games (1.38 per game)

You fell for the piss take.

Strangely, people involved with football on the inside seem to appreciate what Sammon brings to a team. Some who have never played the game at any meaningful level just watch a ball without the slightest inkling of what else happens on the pitch.

I agree. Lot's of Rams fans failed to see the value in players like Jon Stead (when we had him loan) and David Jones (people concerned he was lightweight). People laughed when we signed Kuqi, but others knew what he would bring to the team.

Sammon will fit in to the Eddie Lewis category for me. Cannot fault him as a professional. Wish many other players had his endeavour and integrity, however, whatever he has in effort and effervescence, he lacks in skill and ability. Perhaps he's another Porter, but without the finishing ability.

I agree. Lot's of Rams fans failed to see the value in players like Jon Stead (when we had him loan) and David Jones (people concerned he was lightweight). People laughed when we signed Kuqi, but others knew what he would bring to the team.

Sammon will fit in to the Eddie Lewis category for me. Cannot fault him as a professional. Wish many other players had his endeavour and integrity, however, whatever he has in effort and effervescence, he lacks in skill and ability. Perhaps he's another Porter, but without the finishing ability.

I really liked the look of Porter before that injury. I still think he could have been a great signing for the side. Oh well, these things happen.

I don't judge Sammon on goals.

He's still crap. 'Challenging' a defender for a ball 100 times and losing possession 99 times isn't good work going unnoticed.

For less money I can do all that.

His first touch is very poor.

He's not great in the air

He's indecisive and inconsistent on the rare occasions he actually has GOT the ball.

Booing him is bang out of order though. Shouting "Theo, Theo" is just as bad considering how much stick I hear him get.

Sammon was poor last night however whenever he received the ball Bolton were all over him, he's also not getting the breaks, that time he actually held off Knight and got through on goal the referee said it was a foul 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> Some of the fans treatment of him was shameful in my opinion especially those who got on his back from the first minute.

I'm talking about Bolton last night, Sammon very rarely got any amount of time and space, only 2 moments stick out in my memory when he actually had some room, the one i already mentioned and one very unfortunate moment where despite having a free header he misjudged the flight of the ball and missed it leading one guy behind me to exclaim "even with a free header he can't ******* win it!" Made me chuckle i'll admit.

Has anyone else noticed a section of the crowd shouting "shoot" wherever Sammon gets the ball?thats worse

than booing.

one guy next to me shouted shoot at Wardy

When he did shoot he shouted "what you doing on your weak foot from 25 yards"

i felt like pointing out what a,**** he had been shouting shoot and then shouting ward was wrong to shoot - let alone that if it was 25 yards out the penalty box had grown

Archived