The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

Probably because he wasn't bought for scoring goals Clough has said all along he's there to cause problems for other strikers to benefit but they want him to score a few along the way which he's done. There's usually a reason league 1/2 strikers are paying there obviously there's exceptions.

Im gonna go with Clough, Martinez and trappatoni and say that sammon is a good player.

No defender would want to play against him. He's not there to score the goals it's the player who should be up there with him that is but sammon is being used as a scapegoat

If i was a defender, i would love to play against sammon up on his own. it means ive got a good chance of having a clean sheet. I dont understand having a striker 'who causes problems' but doesnt score goals. A striker is there to score goals end of. Dont spend 1.2 mill on a striker who doesnt score. Keep supporting Clough, its up to you. He insists on sticking with 4-5-1 when it doesnt work. Its not good enough

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i was a defender, i would love to play against sammon up on his own. it means ive got a good chance of having a clean sheet. I dont understand having a striker 'who causes problems' but doesnt score goals. A striker is there to score goals end of. Dont spend 1.2 mill on a striker who doesnt score. Keep supporting Clough, its up to you. He insists on sticking with 4-5-1 when it doesnt work. Its not good enough

Of course there's a point. It's not just about how many goals the strikers score. This season we are scoring more goals overall and that is because of Sammon. Players who stroll around the pitch doing bugger all but having a good goal scoring record usually result in the team scoring less goals overall.

If you think strikers are "just there to score goals" then you don't know your football very well

Of course there's a point. It's not just about how many goals the strikers score. This season we are scoring more goals overall and that is because of Sammon. Players who stroll around the pitch doing bugger all but having a good goal scoring record usually result in the team scoring less goals overall.

If you think strikers are "just there to score goals" then you don't know your football very well

If his there to be the big man upfront and cause problems, then play him with someone else who can score goals like jamie ward, like jacobs, like robinson. Clough doesn't want him up with anyone.

Ok, how do you know his wages are at least twice as much...and even if they were, why spend 1.2 mill on a player who is not a proven goal scorer, just because his wages are low (ish). id rather buy a league 1/2 striker.

Are Sammon's wages lowish??? We signed him from the Prem where the average wage is much higher than the champ, actually isn't there a minimum wage in the Prem?.

I doubt he would take a huge pay cut to come here. I think he is certainly one of the highest earners at the club.

If his there to be the big man upfront and cause problems, then play him with someone else who can score goals like jamie ward, like jacobs, like robinson. Clough doesn't want him up with anyone.

That's exactly what I'd do sammon looks twice as good when somebody else is there. That's why I think the formation doesn't suit him rather than sammon is rubbish which is what most people seem to be saying

Ward was played in that free role to play off Connir Sammon or drift wide occasionally. It appears Ward cannot do that role and welds himself to the touchline. Drop him and play Jacobs we looked better without Ward. While your at it drop Bryson and replace with anyone else

That's exactly what I'd do sammon looks twice as good when somebody else is there. That's why I think the formation doesn't suit him rather than sammon is rubbish which is what most people seem to be saying

But then when we question Cloughs position, everyone sticks up for him. His signing players who dont fit into his own tactics. He doesnt make sense. His tactics are negative and im starting too loose faith in him

Key example of this

Derby - top goalscorer = Theo (8) - scored 41.

Burnley - top goalscorer = Charlie Austin (21) - scored 44.

But its not like Sammon is racking up a huge number of assists either - he's bringing hard work to the team granted, but this alone doesn't win us games. Now having only seen a limited number of games, everytime I've seen Sammon, he's worked hard, but he just isn't effective - the midfield isn't pacy/advanced enough to support him well enough.

Ward was played in that free role to play off Connir Sammon or drift wide occasionally. It appears Ward cannot do that role and welds himself to the touchline. Drop him and play Jacobs we looked better without Ward. While your at it drop Bryson and replace with anyone else

Play Ward up front, in my opinion, his our best player, his skillful and a good finisher, aswell as showing passion to win. Bryson started on the left wing today which is another awful decison by Clough, not as bad as Brayford in midfield but still stupid. Bryson is a box to box CM. Clough seems to enjoy playing his players out of position. Get Fielding up front.

Play Ward up front, in my opinion, his our best player, his skillful and a good finisher, aswell as showing passion to win. Bryson started on the left wing today which is another awful decison by Clough, not as bad as Brayford in midfield but still stupid. Bryson is a box to box CM. Clough seems to enjoy playing his players out of position. Get Fielding up front.

Ward isn't a striker, he isn't a natural upfront player so why would it be better to play him there?

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (Because your a sheep)

you appear to be solvent (lacquer thinner)

(but probably not with an account number containg five 8's)

Archived