Nigel Cloughs negative away form

Bris Vegas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another game we should have won today, throwing away too many 3 points to be in with a chance of the play offs.

Robinson and Sammon aren't the answer, sorry.

Agreed we should have pushed on at half time and attack from the off like we we're doing after the penalty. However I think that when Sammon came on he made a massive difference. He held the ball up, used his strength well and created chances for others. A good performance from him I thought. Robinson, needs to learn how to use his pace effectively and how to trap a ball at the first attempt.

One thing I did notice was that when Charlton got the ball in the final third, they took the shot when it was on. Derby however, take forever and end up passing when the shot is on. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Another game we should have won today, throwing away too many 3 points to be in with a chance of the play offs.

Robinson and Sammon aren't the answer, sorry.

Time to cash in on Robinson in the window, sell him and the crock of **** like Doyle and we might generate about a fiver to buy someone from Bognor FC.

The formation(s) is dull and there is never a plan b if things don't go our way.

Well done Ward, even only half fit it's another game where you show up the likes of Hendrick, Coutts and Bryson.

Amazed by this.

Thought Coutts was excellent today. Hendrick was ok, not fantastic but it's slightly wide of the mark to suggest Ward showed him up!

There was a plan b today - switch O'Connor and Brayford, bring Hughes off, put Davies in the middle and focus on getting the ball out wide to Coutts and Ward (and Jacobs when he came on), because it wasn't working for Hughes today. We were literally centimetres from winning the match with Brayford hitting the post.

Not sure how you can call Doyle a crock of **** - how many games has he played in his position for Derby?

Yes, Alpha’s just about covered it for all the odd balls who think ‘mentality’ can somehow compensate for the fairly solid, hardworking, mid table quality of the squad - especially up front.

Alpha also appears to have covered it for those who’ve never rated Clough and will use any old stick to beat him up with.

If Clough thought we’d win more away games than we’d lose by depending on the natural creativity, initiative, and skill of the players at his disposal then his ‘mentality’ would probably change quite quickly. Until then I don’t think he has too many options.

I like Clough.

Worse teams than us play better away. We look good at home with the same players

We played good attacking football for 55-60 minutes of the game, I feel satisfied that the people I spoke to walking away from the stadium were unhappy with only a point which says in itself we played well today, Ward did nout except rob the penalty off theo and send him into a mard for the night. I adore the bloke when he's on the pitch but his reaction to Ward taking the penalty was something you'd expect from a 12 year old!

Amazed by this.

Thought Coutts was excellent today. Hendrick was ok, not fantastic but it's slightly wide of the mark to suggest Ward showed him up!

There was a plan b today - switch O'Connor and Brayford, bring Hughes off, put Davies in the middle and focus on getting the ball out wide to Coutts and Ward (and Jacobs when he came on), because it wasn't working for Hughes today. We were literally centimetres from winning the match with Brayford hitting the post.

Not sure how you can call Doyle a crock of **** - how many games has he played in his position for Derby?

Yeah coutts might have been excellent today, how many other games has he stood out though? Ward does more in his cameo role, than coutts has all season.

I've seen Doyle for the reserves/under 21s and he really isn't that good. The likes of maguire, cywka and Martin stood head and shoulders above him and where are they now? Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Rather give talented youngsters such has Lelan,Bennett or Kwane Thomas a place on the bench.

Yeah coutts might have been excellent today, how many other games has he stood out though? Ward does more in his cameo role, than coutts has all season.

I've seen Doyle for the reserves/under 21s and he really isn't that good. The likes of maguire, cywka and Martin stood head and shoulders above him and where are they now? Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Rather give talented youngsters such has Lelan,Bennett or Kwane Thomas a place on the bench.

Errr he is a youngster

Well done Ward, even only half fit it's another game where you show up the likes of Hendrick, Coutts and Bryson.

One of your more stupid statements of the year - and boy, you've made plenty.

Just to be absolutely clear - are you saying that Ward has done more today than Coutts has all season? All a matter of opinion of course but I find that astonishing.

I think he plays well most games, intact I think he's one of our best players. We're a far better team with him than without him. Again, IMO and all that.

With regard to Doyle, I can't comment on him because I have only seen him play once in his position in the first team, away at Preston 2 years ago. I though he'd scored quite a few for the reserves? A couple of his inadequate performances last season seem to have stuck in the throat with many supporters (particularly against Peterborough), but I don't know what people expect playing him out of position.

You make a good point about Cwyka, Maguire and Martin, who you allege are all head and shoulders above Doyle (despite only one of them being a striker, so I'm not sure how feasible a comparison is) - where are they now?

Cwyka - playing for Barnsley, bottom of the league

Maguire - can't get a game for Sheffield Wednesday, in 21st

Martin - playing in League 2 for Southend

So I don't think we've missed out on any gems.

Just to be absolutely clear - are you saying that Ward has done more today than Coutts has all season? All a matter of opinion of course but I find that astonishing.

I think he plays well most games, intact I think he's one of our best players. We're a far better team with him than without him. Again, IMO and all that.

With regard to Doyle, I can't comment on him because I have only seen him play once in his position in the first team, away at Preston 2 years ago. I though he'd scored quite a few for the reserves? A couple of his inadequate performances last season seem to have stuck in the throat with many supporters (particularly against Peterborough), but I don't know what people expect playing him out of position.

You make a good point about Cwyka, Maguire and Martin, who you allege are all head and shoulders above Doyle (despite only one of them being a striker, so I'm not sure how feasible a comparison is) - where are they now?

Cwyka - playing for Barnsley, bottom of the league

Maguire - can't get a game for Sheffield Wednesday, in 21st

Martin - playing in League 2 for Southend

So I don't think we've missed out on any gems.

Zzzzzz ok mate

Archived