Nigel Cloughs negative away form

Bris Vegas

I am as frustrated by the difference in our home and away results, and in particular goals scored, as we all are. It's just more difficult away from home so that's where our limitations are more readily exposed.

Yes it is the owners and board's fault. Clough has done enough in the transfer market to have earned a bit of trust with a larger budget. They haven't given it to him. Hence we struggle against quality and experience and show inconsistency.

So the owners/board have financed buying players good enough to win at Pride Park but not away from home?

I'm afraid this just sums up your inability to look at any situation without resorting to having a dig at our owners/board.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am as frustrated by the difference in our home and away results, and in particular goals scored, as we all are. It's just more difficult away from home so that's where our limitations are more readily exposed.

Yes it is the owners and board's fault. Clough has done enough in the transfer market to have earned a bit of trust with a larger budget. They haven't given it to him. Hence we struggle against quality and experience and show inconsistency.

So the owners/board have financed buying players good enough to win at Pride Park but not away from home?

I'm afraid this just sums up your inability to look at any situation without resorting to having a dig at our owners/board.

Tbf G STAR, Andy said "It's just more difficult away from home so that's where our limitations are more readily exposed." I didn't see that as a major dig, just a reasonable view on the team. It could well be the youth and inexperience coupled with new players gelling in that's an issue.

Tbf G STAR, Andy said "It's just more difficult away from home so that's where our limitations are more readily exposed." I didn't see that as a major dig, just a reasonable view on the team. It could well be the youth and inexperience coupled with new players gelling in that's an issue.

Well surely that backs up my point? If that is the reason why even mention the owners/board?

The owners/board will always get moaned about - at virtually every club in the country - I just didn't see it as a big dig, perhaps a little poke 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Would ignore it if it wasn't nearly every single post he makes.

Look at the title of the thread though and you will see why it baffles me that some thing the owners/board are to blame!

Sage pops up with little comments like this all over the board..

Mainly because he feels inferior and is clearly jealous of my superior footballing knowledge

Or he's just in love with me like someone else mentioned..

Either way, it's quite disturbing.

You are right, I am jealous of your superior footballing knowledge. I have to watch games to know what happened. Over to you darling.

Hi G Star, I do draw a connection between the budget available to Clough and performances on the pitch. If Clough was able to buy better players or have a bigger squad of senior players, rather than many young reserves, I believe we would do better. Most of this improvement would come away from home.

I get frustrated when I read fans slagging Clough off when he has such meagre resources to work with. I don't think he's perfect by any means but I do think he's doing an excellent job and deserves more backing from above.

Having a young squad and no money is fine, I understand that, I mean, I'm not an ex pro or tv pundit. But, playing people out of position, and changing or not changing at the right time is not the fault of the board or owners.

If I am given a socket to install, I don't stick a light fitting on the wall and expect the customer to plug there kettle into it.

Just saying#

Andy, I actually think Clough does a decent job. I think he has had financial backing from the owners/board to build his own team. I know his signings have not been proven, big money signing but that is what we pay scouts for.

I am reasonably satisfied with where we are currently at and think with a bit better management we could be in an even better position.

Would much rather be watching us compete in this league than being spanked every week in the Premier League.

Boycie, don't you think he plays players out of position because he can't afford two decent players for every spot?

As for subs, again with better options he may make earlier changes?

he has players for the positions, but won't risk them. Hogwhosit, freeman, Gorkeiv etc

G Star, I agree but buying proven is the only way to guarantee a good signing. Buying unproven is a risk, good scouts or not.

Clough's done very well with his unproven signings in my opinion and I think that deserves a bit of trust from above.

For example, Shackell and Keogh should be our centre backs this season and we may well have a better away record this season if they were.

Archived