Will Hughes

blackNwhites

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, look at him play a 10yd sideways pass!!! Don't get me wrong, he's a very promising talent and will become a great player but that has to be one of the most boring highlights video I've ever seen. The editor should remember the mantra "Less is more"...

Fair enough, I did make it, but Shabash found it..

It's his video now..  :mellow:

I found it on DCFCFANS half an hour ago.

Yoink!!!

(if you say 'yoink' then they can't touch you for it)

Can't agree with ramsbottom. Clips like that I could watch all day.

Lovely to see, I hadn't seen Ferguson clap him off before either, I'm starting to develop a liking of Darren Ferguson. Nice touch.

That montage was sheer class, there are times in that video where his little shoulder drop shimmy, dummies me again, even though I've already seen it at least twice. He changes direction fantastically well without moving the ball, but it's his passing range that sets him apart. His pass usually does the job of the next fella, he plays the ball in such a weighted way it makes the decision easier for the next lad. The last player English I remember with his peripheral vision was Paul Scholes, he must have eyes in his arse.

Will Hughes has ability others will never posess. 10 yards or not 10 yards the kid is a genius. Interesting as well to see how often he was a goal threat, a bit more power in those spindly legs of his and I reckon he's about to add goal scoring to his repertoire.

Don't forget he's STILL only 18....

AND HE"S OURS... at least for a little while longer.

Wow, look at him play a 10yd sideways pass!!! Don't get me wrong, he's a very promising talent and will become a great player but that has to be one of the most boring highlights video I've ever seen. The editor should remember the mantra "Less is more"...

Typical English fan.

Dud you miss the long passes that are on there as well?

The 10 yard easy pass to a plyer in space is one thing we haven't had a lot of players capable of doing. He does it sublimely and when he goes for the Hollywood 15 yarders he's just as adept.

Seriously I think I could count on one hand of a forest fan how many times he has hot an under or over weighted pass this season

Depends what you were expecting I guess. A Will Hughes highlights video is never going to be full of 30 yard screamers, over head kicks and skill. 

I thought it was a good video, magnifies just what he's good at that so many at our level aren't, keeping it simple with plenty of technique and football awareness. 

You don't see Pirlo or Xavi flicking the ball over his head and doing stepovers etc taking players on.

I would argue a Pirlo/Xavi montage (minus his free kicks) would be just as appealing as that Will Hughes one. All he does is keep the ball when under pressure and passes and moves dictating the tempo. But he does this unbelievably well.

If you think that that type of highlights reel is boring then that's fine that's your opinion, but I would say that type of play is paramount when out on the football pitch.

Fair enough, I did make it, but Shabash found it..

It's his video now..  :mellow:

Just checked your Youtube Channel and ended up watching all the vids!

Fantastic stuff mate.

Especially the Lee Grant video didnt realise how good he is, and he is reaching his peak at Derby!

Keep up the good work.

Anyone who has seen Hughes play live can surely see he is a class act. A good season in the champ maybe two the he can go on and be an excellent player maybe international.

For me he's a better player was than Huddlestone was at his age, and has more of the international qualities to become a big player ie. doesn't give the pall away too much and likes to pass the ball rather than being very direct.

Can't agree with ramsbottom. Clips like that I could watch all day.

Lovely to see, I hadn't seen Ferguson clap him off before either, I'm starting to develop a liking of Darren Ferguson. Nice touch.

That montage was sheer class, there are times in that video where his little shoulder drop shimmy, dummies me again, even though I've already seen it at least twice. He changes direction fantastically well without moving the ball, but it's his passing range that sets him apart. His pass usually does the job of the next fella, he plays the ball in such a weighted way it makes the decision easier for the next lad. The last player English I remember with his peripheral vision was Paul Scholes, he must have eyes in his arse.

Will Hughes has ability others will never posess. 10 yards or not 10 yards the kid is a genius. Interesting as well to see how often he was a goal threat, a bit more power in those spindly legs of his and I reckon he's about to add goal scoring to his repertoire.

Don't forget he's STILL only 18....

AND HE"S OURS... at least for a little while longer.

Very well put, and I entirely agree.

That little montage would be impressive in any Championship midfielder, yet in one so young it is nothing short of awesome. We should also remember that for most of those clips he hadn't even turned 18.

My only concern is that it reminds me of a promotional video which a certain Mr Rush made in order to solicit offers for Michael Owen.

Archived