Will Hughes

blackNwhites

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Keogh had ******* BURIED IT YOU STUPID **** STOP MESSING AROUND WITH YOUR ******* CURTAIN HAIR AND BURY IT.

Or passed it to Martin, either one really.

What was it with their hair, Keogh, Freeman, Hendrick and even Russell all looked like they had a team haircut. Not a patch on Johnson, Delap etc who all shaved their heads for opening day - much to Jim Smith's dismay!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have today's #ITK

Ok then I don't know anyone within the academy, I just made it up, because I have nothing better to do with my life.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have today's first of many completely unconstructive comments from Eddie.

What was it with their hair, Keogh, Freeman, Hendrick and even Russell all looked like they had a team haircut. Not a patch on Johnson, Delap etc who all shaved their heads for opening day - much to Jim Smith's dismay!

His is far to floppy and long, while Jeff and Co's are short and sensible.

Will Hughes will struggle not to be the most talented player on the pitch in this division, doesn't mean his impact will be as such.

He isn't a giles barnes type and doubt he will win games on his own for us, but his capabilities of enabling those around him are incredible - he could walk into any team in the country and not look out of place, simply because he is intelligent and with better players he will only become a lot better, for me anyway.

Will Hughes playing in league 2 in a poor team would struggle to stand out IMO - whereas players like Ward and Jacobs would be a beacon of talent, but, Will Hughes playing in man utd's team with good players and he would be a lot better, whereas players like Ward and Jacobs would simply get brushed aside by the higher quality - he is that sort of player for me.

Will Hughes will struggle not to be the most talented player on the pitch in this division, doesn't mean his impact will be as such.

He isn't a giles barnes type and doubt he will win games on his own for us, but his capabilities of enabling those around him are incredible - he could walk into any team in the country and not look out of place, simply because he is intelligent and with better players he will only become a lot better, for me anyway.

Will Hughes playing in league 2 in a poor team would struggle to stand out IMO - whereas players like Ward and Jacobs would be a beacon of talent, but, Will Hughes playing in man utd's team with good players and he would be a lot better, whereas players like Ward and Jacobs would simply get brushed aside by the higher quality - he is that sort of player for me.

Agree totally, although I think he is starting to control games more and more. Think if we can keep him this season he really will light up this division. As such think derby would have a good season.

Personally I think he'd fit perfectly at man united. Fabregas, Modric type player. Think he'd coast through games against lesser champions league sides and bottom half prem teams. Espescially at home.

Hope he chooses the right move when he leaves, I hate united but that seems the best for me. At Chelsea, city and maybe even spurs he could get lost amongst the quality players and not play for a couple of seasons. Arsenal would suit him well but think they may struggle this season.

Teams lower than that and I include Liverpool would be bad moves in my opinion. Tough starts or mid season slumps for the team rather than will and I think fans want changes. Many managers would be tempted to rest him and grind out wins rather than stick to principles.

Personally think another season with the rams, then to united for £10-£15m. Maybe a season on loan at everton, Swansea to adjust to prem football. Then be 20, I fully expect him to be a regular in the England squad by then and ready to play a big part for united.

Anyone looking at that sort of player ie young creative central midfielder would be looking at James McCarthy as the more immediate prospect. Similar fees being spoken of as well.

McCarthy is 4/5 years older so obviously be more developed and ready to step into a top six side. Actually think Hughes is a better prospect and much better than McCarthy was at a similar age. More experience, more hype, so Hughes would be a longer term investment.

Not sure how many clubs have £10m plus to spend on a player for the future.

Really? Wow. I guess we see things very differently.

In terms of ability yes, he probably is, most of the time, one of the best 22 on the pitch. I just haven't seen it in that many of his performances. He was good against Leeds, very good. But when I look at some of the performances from Whittingham, Zaha, Williams last season - it wasn't quite up there, in my opinion. And those boys are in the prem.

But there's a difference with those players. They all have at least a year (some many more) on Hughes. I expect he'll be right up there with them when he reaches their respective ages.  

I sound like I'm slating him, and I'm really not. I think he's an excellent talent, and I really want him to stay with us and learn his game, but it feels like Hughes is reviewed through Derby tinted specs, which I understand.

Zaha never impressed me much. And I remember Ince having to switch sides due to struggling against Roberts. Of course, they've done well in other games, but live, there's always been better players out on pitch.

He's not such a flashy player, but his ball keeping skills is worth its weight in gold. A family friend of mine plays at a Championship Academy side and saw Hughes in what at the time seemed a fairly ordinary appearance, but he couldn't shut up about Hughes and saying how effortlessly he made it all look and at his age, too.

In some ways, I think it's nice for our star Academy talent to be the kind of player that coaches/scouts/players appreciate perhaps more than the fans. He's a good dribbler, yes, but he's not flashy in that department. You'll rarely catch him on the football league show in that respect. But his passing? Well, it's better than Bueno's, put it that way.

Wherever he goes, he will be underrated by some. Not saying that's you Asanovic, not accusing you of not spotting his brilliance and I see what you're saying. Just the kind of player he is, he won't be celebrated like the skilful wingers or the potent strikers. The coaches and players are the ones who really appreciate a Will Hughes.

Zaha never impressed me much. And I remember Ince having to switch sides due to struggling against Roberts. Of course, they've done well in other games, but live, there's always been better players out on pitch.

He's not such a flashy player, but his ball keeping skills is worth its weight in gold. A family friend of mine plays at a Championship Academy side and saw Hughes in what at the time seemed a fairly ordinary appearance, but he couldn't shut up about Hughes and saying how effortlessly he made it all look and at his age, too.

In some ways, I think it's nice for our star Academy talent to be the kind of player that coaches/scouts/players appreciate perhaps more than the fans. He's a good dribbler, yes, but he's not flashy in that department. You'll rarely catch him on the football league show in that respect. But his passing? Well, it's better than Bueno's, put it that way.

Wherever he goes, he will be underrated by some. Not saying that's you Asanovic, not accusing you of not spotting his brilliance and I see what you're saying. Just the kind of player he is, he won't be celebrated like the skilful wingers or the potent strikers. The coaches and players are the ones who really appreciate a Will Hughes.

He's gonna be a Scholes, innee.

When playing deep he floats past players like Pirlo and disperses the ball in a way similar to Carrick. When playing further forward he adds pressing to his game, like one would who has hailed from La Masia. When playing directly behind the striker he exhibits Iniesta like flashes of skill and every so often a exquisite dribble reminiscent of Messi.

Stick that comparison in your pipe and smoke it!

Archived