Will Hughes

blackNwhites

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all newbie here so just getting to grips with things! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

first point i want to make is that Will Hughes is unbelievably talented considering his age etc, but premier league regular?! pfft i think not! he's only 17 so still got plenty of time to reach his full potential but don't want to rush him and potentially wreck what could be a glittering career as one of the country's best players. I think that at the moment he is in the best possible position playing regularly and well and in a top half NPC club and hopefully he knows that this is the best place for him at the moment.

however the second point i make is that if he were to go, i'd like to see him go to either arsenal or barcelona (of the clubs rumoured). I think that his style of play would suit the spanish league rather than the rough and tumble of the EPL and the chance to train at the best club in the world should not be denied him, but all in good time!

hope i haven't paraphrased any of whats been said, as i mentioned, im new around these parts of the interweb! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Moses, Bostock aren't really comparible players. They weren't intelligent players and they still aren't. If you're a good dribbler and you get hit puberty when you're 6 then you're always going to be labelled a "wonderkid" in this country.

Will Hughes is certainly not an early developer in terms of build and he has a long way to go, but his basic ability, his footballing brain is just miles above anyone else. I'm not just talking about his on the ball work. Despite the fact he looks like he hasn't eaten in a week, he still works out a way to get around the physical questions asked of him by some of the league's bullies.

Everyone has just decided that because of other young players failing that any praise of Will Hughes is therefore overstated. It's not, because the kid is different. He is actually a good player, rather than a good dribbler who's developed early and looks good on the Football League Show.

Remember, we're the country that rates Wilfred Zaha.

Moses, Bostock aren't really comparible players. They weren't intelligent players and they still aren't. If you're a good dribbler and you get hit puberty when you're 6 then you're always going to be labelled a "wonderkid" in this country.

Will Hughes is certainly not an early developer in terms of build and he has a long way to go, but his basic ability, his footballing brain is just miles above anyone else. I'm not just talking about his on the ball work. Despite the fact he looks like he hasn't eaten in a week, he still works out a way to get around the physical questions asked of him by some of the league's bullies.

Everyone has just decided that because of other young players failing that any praise of Will Hughes is therefore overstated. It's not, because the kid is different. He is actually a good player, rather than a good dribbler who's developed early and looks good on the Football League Show.

Remember, we're the country that rates Wilfred Zaha.

I just called someone one year younger than me a "kid", I'm such a nob.

The Bunny doth talk sense.

Hughes does not need strength or pace to do what he does. Its instinctive. good control and a quick brain. He makes it look easy, like all the best players do.

Agreed, he knows what he's going to do with the ball before he's even got it. Being able to read the game like that is a gift.

He's fab - and long may he stay with us.

It never ceases to amaze me how many of you want to fantasise about selling our best players.

He's 17. The best place for him for the three years is at derby.

Archived