Will Hughes

blackNwhites

He's not ready, I agree. Ever since the Leeds game and the award he got, it's seemed to effect him in my opinion.

He can't handle the pressure at the mo.

i reckon that recent stint for under 21s has rattled him slightly, certain people have said to me, i hasn't gone to his head. My opinion i think it has slightly !

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i reckon that recent stint for under 21s has rattled him slightly, certain people have said to me, i hasn't gone to his head. My opinion i think it has slightly !

i agree, it's not in a big time Charlie way, but a "oh my god" way.

Plus, he's getting closely marked now as he is a play maker.

I think he'll pull through.

Without clicking on the link I'm giving you a like. It must be Raheem Sterling you're linking to?

They both needed to take a break and a step back. It's a massive thing they've just done at their age.

Speaking of our 17 year old? Will will be back and when he comes back he'll have that spring in his step that he had for the first 28 games or so.

Anyone else think it will be a good thing to sell will. We could use the money to strenthen the team and mainly it will sort out the impossible task for Nigel of who to play in the middle without wasting a player on the left. We should be alright with hendrick and Bryson.

Anyone else think it will be a good thing to sell will. We could use the money to strenthen the team and mainly it will sort out the impossible task for Nigel of who to play in the middle without wasting a player on the left. We should be alright with hendrick and Bryson.

Everyone has their opinions.

Personally I think he will only get better and his value will just rise and rise. He is only 17. If in two years time he is an established championship centre mid and under 21 England player. We will be looking at a big amount.

He wasn't left out the team at the first sign of his form dropping though.

I think that's what Clough did with Hughes as well Uttox, he had 4 or 5 games where he was off it before he came out. Not playing terribly but definitely not playing with the same spark he had, his balls seemingly lost a bit of weight (ooer) and a bit of fizz.

Playing him in the youth cup as well was another example of it, it came just after the forest game I think and I can imagine that was Clough trying to play him through his bad patch,get his confidence going and get him finding his passing range at a level where he's too good.

It didn't quite work and he had another couple of "quieter" games in a row.

The groin tweak came at exactly the right time I think, gave Clough a perfect opportunity to take him out of centre stage without having to dampen his confidence by saying he was left out.

I'm no bigger than Will now and I still remember the first time I got tackled by a real "man" footballer at 16 years old, he smashed me so hard I couldn't walk for a week and it wasn't a foul either, the force of the challenge wiped me out. He's still a kid with a kid's body.

Will has done nothing wrong at all this year, in fact he's been superb and a massive massive plus, it's no shame that he might need to recharge a little bit before coming back in. He got the living sugar kicked out of him for 3 months and it's that pounding and that alone that he needs to come back from, his class is clear.

Archived