Will Hughes

blackNwhites

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without injuries = Class act. Still would command a big fee. If we cant get a big fee, oh well he stays.

Bloody hell, how many times we all seen that video!

He's an ok player with fantastic potential. He's not had that many games where he's run the show like he did against Leeds - maybe 2 or 3.

He's been overworked this season. He needs the break he's having now, and I think he'll be far more consistent next season. For now though, I don't think clubs would pay crazy money for him - he's not yet worth it.

He's an ok player with fantastic potential. He's not had that many games where he's run the show like he did against Leeds - maybe 2 or 3.

He's been overworked this season. He needs the break he's having now, and I think he'll be far more consistent next season. For now though, I don't think clubs would pay crazy money for him - he's not yet worth it.

We've seen it a mliion times Asa but it's still lovely to watch. That's a lovely little showcase of everything he can do when he's fit and firing.

I've got nothing to base this on whatsoever but I've got a horrible sneaking feeling we've already done a deal somewhere. I'm going to be really pleasantly surprised if he's our player next year. The only way I can see him playing for us next year is on loan.

I think injury or not we'll get at least 5m for him upfront plus ad ons. even now.

Hopefully I'm just thinking too much.

The point is he is 17 and is 100% not there yet.

However man city or arsenal or spurs would buy him for the potential and his potential would demand a big fee. 

If he plays like he did in the Leeds game every week he would be one of the championship's best central midfielders. Now we are looking for around 3 or 4 years before he can play at that level every week. So when he is 20 he could be as good as some lesser standard premier league players. Not to mention he will be more physically capable. 

Then he could go on to play in the premier league for 10 years - that is why a club would buy him and demand a big fee. The potential that he could perform like he did vs Leeds every week.

If Stuart Pearce is still in charge ( there are some contract disputes ) Will has a good chance of making it. Players like Shelvey, Henderson and Mcechran will be less likely to play because they should be pusing on at their age.

Nathaniel Chalobah is Will's main competition and at the moment Nat is miles ahead of Will. Because Nat is playing football, Will is injured as you rightly said. 

If he can make some appearances this season it would be good for everyone involved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not transfer related, but since this is the only topic dedicated to Hughes I thought I'd pop it in here.

Taken from BBC Sport on regards to how Futsal could help develop better players:

For a sneak peek at the type of footballer being brought up on Futsal creates, people need only look at one of the most exciting young talents in the country - Will Hughes.

At just 17, the midfielder is already a key player for Championship side Derby, and has been linked with a string of Premier League clubs this season.

Hughes has been lauded for his ball control, passing and technical ability - all of which the teenager says he developed by playing Futsal as a youngster.

Hughes told BBC Sport: "It does help and I think it will be becoming an integral part of football in coming years.

"Look at what people say after England go out of a major tournament, talking about technique. Physicality is important but I think technique has overcome that - look at the current Barcelona team and they are more technically developed than we are."

I think Hughes also needs to bulk up as well though. You look at Barcelona and none of their players are physically weak like Hughes is.

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves, Alba are all actually quite strong even though they look small and the ones that aren't e.g Sergio Busquets his height makes him physically capable at that level.

Yes you can keep the ball with fantastic technique but having strength would be a huge asset to Hughes' game.

Not transfer related, but since this is the only topic dedicated to Hughes I thought I'd pop it in here.

Taken from BBC Sport on regards to how Futsal could help develop better players:

For a sneak peek at the type of footballer being brought up on Futsal creates, people need only look at one of the most exciting young talents in the country - Will Hughes.

At just 17, the midfielder is already a key player for Championship side Derby, and has been linked with a string of Premier League clubs this season.

Hughes has been lauded for his ball control, passing and technical ability - all of which the teenager says he developed by playing Futsal as a youngster.

Hughes told BBC Sport: "It does help and I think it will be becoming an integral part of football in coming years.

"Look at what people say after England go out of a major tournament, talking about technique. Physicality is important but I think technique has overcome that - look at the current Barcelona team and they are more technically developed than we are."

Conspiracy theorist translation:

Will Hughes is off to Barcelona. Waaaaaa! 

I asked him last night on Twitter whether or not he'll be back before the end of the season and he said he hoped so.

Wouldn't entirely surprise me if a deal was already lined up with another club and this was part of the deal. 

I think Hughes also needs to bulk up as well though. You look at Barcelona and none of their players are physically weak like Hughes is.

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves, Alba are all actually quite strong even though they look small and the ones that aren't e.g Sergio Busquets his height makes him physically capable at that level.

Yes you can keep the ball with fantastic technique but having strength would be a huge asset to Hughes' game.

Hughes will grow, but he doesn't need to bulk up. Barcelona players have plenty of "weak" player in their team, you just don't notice it because there's no need for them to be massive when they're that good.

Hughes doesn't need much more strength, I've seen games where he's ran around massive guys all game with pure ability. He may need to bulk up a little bit, but his agility is one of his key strengths and he mustn't lose that.

Archived