Derby County v Blackpool

froggg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good win.. Our midfield dominated and Theo was excellent

Sammon though was poor.. The goal was his fault.. At least 5 times he was in a promising position with Theo and Hughes in space and he played the wrong option.. He tried dribbling many times and ran straight into the defender and lost the ball.. He needs to play the ball far quicker, he dawdles and either loses momentum or loses the ball altogether.. Their goal came from an over-committed midfield expecting an easy pass which never came.. And Tyson was in for a 5th when he delayed the pass by a good 3 seconds..

All in all a good win.. Bryson and Hughes were impressive.. As was Brayford. Theo MOM though his movement was very good.

Lego looks like a star.

Blackpool were poor.. Poor at the back, it never stuck up top, their wide players offered nothing and the midfield was easy to break through.. Ince and Phillips can do far better, and they'll struggle without them if they leave in January.

It was the third of November

A day I'll always remember

At home against the seasiders

We had Lady Luck to guide us.

Last weekend we had played the Posh

And ended up under the cosh

Today we played a better team

And also found a live game stream!

A lively start and then Coutts crossed

All apprehension we now lost

And then John Brayford made it two

With what a full back should not do!

After the break a player fell

The ref misjudged it all as well

"Handball!" He said, Ince scored 2-1

It seemed the fight back had begun!

Theo again! Wow! He scored that quick!

Could he be on for a rare hat-trick?

He didn't, but he could have done,

Cheered off the pitch, well played old son!

And then, the icing on the cake

Sammon leapt an easy chance to take,

We won 4-1 the final count

The Gumps lost by the same amount!

Sammon though was poor.. The goal was his fault.. At least 5 times he was in a promising position with Theo and Hughes in space and he played the wrong option.. He tried dribbling many times and ran straight into the defender and lost the ball.. He needs to play the ball far quicker, he dawdles and either loses momentum or loses the ball altogether.. Their goal came from an over-committed midfield expecting an easy pass which never came.. And Tyson was in for a 5th when he delayed the pass by a good 3 seconds..

All in all a good win.. Bryson and Hughes were impressive.. As was Brayford. Theo MOM though his movement was very good.

Lego looks like a star.

Blackpool were poor.. Poor at the back, it never stuck up top, their wide players offered nothing and the midfield was easy to break through.. Ince and Phillips can do far better, and they'll struggle without them if they leave in January.

I know you don't rate Coutts but not a bad game from him today. I guess 3 assists.

Really pleased with today, Theo's best game for us by a country mile, Blackpool have a shocking defence, surprised at how bad they are, Baptiste is a truly awful footballer. Hughes was brilliant again, and everyone else played sound. Then there is Coutts. So so bad in the first half, however, second half much better, some great balls in, but his delivery from set pieces in the first half was horrendously bad. Looking forward to the highlghts tonight.

Very good result today.

Conor Sammon my MOTM, played very well.

Theo took his goals well.

Paul Coutts was decent, apart from his set plays, which get worse and worse with every game he plays.

Will Hughes was quality, like always, had a few effort on goal also!

O'Connor, not a fan, but had a very solid game!

Also, that Freeman who came on looks a very steady player!

Same again Tuesday? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I thought we played well. Sammon was hit and miss. Good goals form Theo. Coutts was good bar his set pieces. Hughes sadly turned it on for the cameras I hope we keep him as long as possible. Keeper looked solid. Steady at the back creative in the middle strikers played well and the subs looked alright. Wouldnt mind seeing more of freeman.

Roll on barnsley.

Lego looks like a star.

Love it. Won 4-1 and 3 times as many moaning comments as positives.

Brayford put it perfectly in his post match interview - "he does a lot of work off the ball that no one mentions. I wouldn't have for my goal without him making a rub across the near post. He was running channels making it a hard game for their centre Halfs"

I rate the opinion of a current Established Chanpionship Player

Archived